• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP! Category Image Size and featured product image size...

mikekingpin

Hi Folks!!! I am hoping someone can help me out here!!!

I am trying to tweak the amount that my images are scaled down. The product page images, we managed to do (someone found it for me! LoL) - via editing the file: /public_html/templates/theme086/content/product.info.php

But...

I cannot seem to alter the category images (and sub category) and also the 'featured products' images (both homepage and featured box)

The site is an online adult shop (nothing heavy!!!) so I won't post the url here, for fear of breaking terms etc... (altho if its okay to do that, can a mod tell me!?)

I did find a file theme086.sql, (template is called theme086.sql) that seemingly has some image size settings, that match the image sizes of the sub categories etc... but when I tweak these, it has no effect!!!

Hmmm

Anyone?

:-(

Thanks in advance!!!

Mike

The category images are displayed in index.php with this code:

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

You can tweak the size with code something like this:

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
<?php
//
// Index 0 and 1 contains respectively the width and the height of the image. 
//
 $width_text = HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH;
 $height_text = HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT;
 if ( $image_size = @getimagesize(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'] ) ) {
$scale_factor = 0.5; // sample scale factor - alter to suit
$width_text = intval( $image_size[0] * $scale_factor );
$height_text = intval( $image_size[1] * $scale_factor );
 }
//
//
?>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], $width_text, $height_text); ?></td>

Similarly the sub category images in index.php:

Old code:

while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
  $rows++;
  $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
  $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
  echo '				<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
  if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
	echo '			  </tr>' . "\n";
	echo '			  <tr>' . "\n";
  }
}

New code:

while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
  $rows++;
  $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
  $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
//
// Index 0 and 1 contains respectively the width and the height of the image. 
//
  $width_text = SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH;
  $height_text = SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT;
  if ( $image_size = @getimagesize(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'] ) ) {
	$scale_factor = 0.5; // sample scale factor - alter to suit
	$width_text = intval( $image_size[0] * $scale_factor );
	$height_text = intval( $image_size[1] * $scale_factor );
  }
//
  echo '				<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], $width_text, $height_text) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
  if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
	echo '			  </tr>' . "\n";
	echo '			  <tr>' . "\n";
  }
}

Code like this lets you just scale the image size directly bypassing the image sizes set in the admin.

Always backup before editing.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >