• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce for WordPress : WP-osCommerce

roya.k

WP-osCommerce allows you to integrate osCommerce into an existing Wordpress website. No need to change the look and feel of your WordPress website. WP.osC integrates transparently into the existing WordPress website and matches your WordPress theme exactly.

In other words, the main aim of WP-osCommerce (WP.osC) project is to allow osCommerce to use the WordPress Theme system.

The first release candidate of WP-osCommerce is planned for January 2009.

More about this project : WP-osCommerce.com

Open source n'est pas un échange à sens unique ... La plupart du temps un simple merci ou quelques mots d'encouragement suffisent...

WP-osCommerce allows you to integrate osCommerce into an existing Wordpress website. No need to change the look and feel of your WordPress website. WP.osC integrates transparently into the existing WordPress website and matches your WordPress theme exactly.

In other words, the main aim of WP-osCommerce (WP.osC) project is to allow osCommerce to use the WordPress Theme system.

The first release candidate of WP-osCommerce is planned for January 2009.

More about this project : WP-osCommerce.com

I have just visited your site, and I think the layout and design of this is absolutely incredible. Do I really have to wait a few more weeks before I can dive into this? I would love to start integrating my site right away!

I have just visited your site, and I think the layout and design of this is absolutely incredible. Do I really have to wait a few more weeks before I can dive into this? I would love to start integrating my site right away!

Thanks ... sorry but you’ll have to wait until next week. I work actually on "admin panel", so each category or subcategory will contain several products and/or several articles.

Open source n'est pas un échange à sens unique ... La plupart du temps un simple merci ou quelques mots d'encouragement suffisent...

Thanks ... sorry but you’ll have to wait until next week. I work actually on "admin panel", so each category or subcategory will contain several products and/or several articles.

WP.osC is now available for download.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.! Nice idea and hopefully brilliant :) considering I use both osc and wp and I like them both.

But my question is... can you install to wp.osc the contribution provided here? And if you can, are they easily implemented in the whole... thing? I mean everything, from Ultra pics to more boxes and so on...

Or is it just the basic osc and that's all?

Any way, congratulations, good job! A combination between osc and wp should be great for search engines if you know what to do with it :))

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Roxana :) Thanks.

Please excuse my very delayed response. I didn't see your message until just now.

You can use all payment modules with WP.osC . For other contributions you will need to make some changes. (very easy if you are familiar with PHP and osCommerce).

If you have already installed oscommerce (original version) and wordpress you can also use a wordpress plugin (developped by me) to display on your WordPress blog's post/page/widget:

- New products

- Random products

- Top 10 Best Sellers

I have to ask you a few questions about WP-osCommerce.

Is it capable to use the same Wordpress theme as a blog you specify?

I tried to do this for wposc.sndeco.ro and sndeco.ro/blog and I didn't managed. I've installed WP OSC the exact way you've described on your web site and still no luck.

I've edited wposc-configure.php with the database connection informations collected from wp-config.php and selected SYMBIOSIS mode. it shows me a blank page.

If I select STANDARD mode and another theme than the default one (crafty for example) it shows me this error.

Any ideas how I can solve this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to add your sidebar from Wordpress into the Wp.Osc sidebar. Or if you can't where can you modify what appears in the sidebar? I do not want Languages and Currency to appear in the menu and want to link to pages in the Wordpress Blog.

Thanks

Traci

Hi sndeco,

As described in " Theme Development" section you need to adapt your wordpress theme to WP.osC, using a set of functions.

You may need to read the followings docs:

- Theme Development

- Function Reference

Hi tjoppru,

- you have a set of functions in includes/functions/wp_database.php allowing you to access WP database.

- you can exclude languages and currency in sidebar (or everywhere you want).

Example :

osc_list_user_pages ('title_li=<h2>'._c(STORE_NAME).'</h2>&exclude=5,6');

will exclude languages and currency.

Edited by roya.k

Hi! my site is http://www.byahengpinoy.com. i have succesfully installed wposc in http://www.byahengpinoy.com/shop/catalog , my only problem is the theme of the blog is not the same as the catalog. i have tried several times to delete default and put talian-10 theme in shop/catalog/themes but it doesnt work, page just goes blank.

pls help me how can i make these theme work on both catalog and blog.

tks! ur help is greatly appreciated

Hi sndeco,

As described in " Theme Development" section you need to adapt your wordpress theme to WP.osC, using a set of functions.

You may need to read the followings docs:

- Theme Development

- Function Reference

Hi tjoppru,

- you have a set of functions in includes/functions/wp_database.php allowing you to access WP database.

- you can exclude languages and currency in sidebar (or everywhere you want).

Example :

osc_list_user_pages ('title_li=<h2>'._c(STORE_NAME).'</h2>&exclude=5,6');

will exclude languages and currency.

Hi klaconcepcion,

You have 2 ways to use WP.osC :

1) in association with a wordpress blog (symbiosis mode) : in this case every time you change your WP theme, your WP.osC theme is automatically updated.

2) without wordpress (standalone mode) in this case you need to activate a theme by editing include/wposc-configure.php and changing :

define('ACTIVE_THEME', 'default');

in both cases you need to adapt a theme to WP.osC before using it. (contact me via WP.osC site if you have really problems with this)

Docs:

WP.osC > How to > Switch to Standalone Mode

WP.osC > How to > Switch to Symbiosis Mode

Hi klaconcepcion,

You have 2 ways to use WP.osC :

1) in association with a wordpress blog (symbiosis mode) : in this case every time you change your WP theme, your WP.osC theme is automatically updated.

2) without wordpress (standalone mode) in this case you need to activate a theme by editing include/wposc-configure.php and changing :

define('ACTIVE_THEME', 'default');

in both cases you need to adapt a theme to WP.osC before using it. (contact me via WP.osC site if you have really problems with this)

Docs:

WP.osC > How to > Switch to Standalone Mode

WP.osC > How to > Switch to Symbiosis Mode

Thank u for d response! I did the above switching but it got the below error in the catalog area.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'WORDPRESS_DB_USE'@'value2.http.ph' (using password: YES) in /home/byahengp/public_html/shop/catalog/includes/functions/wp_database.php on line 31

Unable to connect to Wordpress database server!

what else do i need to change to switch to symbiosis?

tks again!

please verify that db host, db user, db password and db name are set with the correct values (as described here : wposc.com/articles_info.php?cPath=83&articles_id=56)

please verify that db host, db user, db password and db name are set with the correct values (as described here : wposc.com/articles_info.php?cPath=83&articles_id=56)

im sure i did that. one question - should wposc and wp have only one database? or one for wposc and one for wp?

tks!

im sure i did that. one question - should wposc and wp have only one database? or one for wposc and one for wp?

tks!

another question, Mr. Roya. how do i edit the menu in column_right in wposc? osc procedures do not work. are there other php files i need to edit in dw? example, i want to remove languages, currencies, shipping, etc.

thanks a lot!

another question, Mr. Roya. how do i edit the menu in column_right in wposc? osc procedures do not work. are there other php files i need to edit in dw? example, i want to remove languages, currencies, shipping, etc.

thanks a lot!

Hi klaconcepcion,

You can have one or two databases.

WP.osC uses a template system , all template files are located in "themes" directory. According to your theme you may have one or several columns (sidebar.php, ...) .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roya

yes. To request a theme you can add a new topic in "Requests & Feedback" Forum (WP.osC Forum)

I cannot compel work Word Press and WPOSC-1-0RC1 in Symbiosis Mode. Trying make it on localhost.

wposc-configure.php was changed as shown in "Switch to Symbiosis Mode" manual. But result is as below:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in z:\home\***\***\shop\includes\functions\wp_database.php on line 31

At the same time no problem when I enter as admin.

I cannot compel work Word Press and WPOSC-1-0RC1 in Symbiosis Mode. Trying make it on localhost.

wposc-configure.php was changed as shown in "Switch to Symbiosis Mode" manual. But result is as below:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in z:\home\***\***\shop\includes\functions\wp_database.php on line 31

At the same time no problem when I enter as admin.

PLEASE HELP ME ANYBODY!!!

When I try to checkout with Paypal Website Payments Standard I get a blank page when it gets to checkout_confirmation.php. If I upload the OScommerce file it works but does not carry through the wposc theme and is missing the button to process. Is there something wrong with this file or is it the module? I have not modified either file.

Sorry I fixed the problem. It was an error caused by trying to install a Gift Voucher Module earlier.

Edited by tjoppru

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Are there any recent discussion on this topic? I'm looking for instructions on how to make a wordpress theme become a os-commerce theme. I have a wordpress site already, would like to integrate os-commerce into a page on the site. Any help or points in the right direction would be awesome. I have a deadline coming up quick. :) Thanx