• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attributes Sort Order v1.6

apache510

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

I installed the contribution and everything in the admin page seem to work fine. I enter the sort order and update attribute. In the admin page everything looks ok.

When I go to the site, it seem to have no effect! The order that the attributes are presented in are unchanged.

The only oddball thing in the admin section is that when I add a new attribute and give it a new sort order, when it is saved, the sort order goes back to 0. I have to manually go back and re-enter the right sort order. I am not sure if this is a bug or if it just works like that.

I also have install the contributiion Options as Images v1.7

That contribution works fine. Is there a conflict between the two contributions? I am not using the two contributions on the same attributes.

Well I discovered today that my problem is in fact that the contribution "Options as Images v1.7" causes "Product Attributes Sort Order v1.6" to not display correctly. The problem is in /catalog/product_info.php

Has anyone gotten these two to work together?

I will try to figure out a fix but I do not hold out much hope. I am no expert in php programming and I think this is over my head.

Edited by apache510

Solved the problem on how to get these two contributions to work together - I think.

In /catalog/options_images.php find:

pov.products_options_values_name asc");

and replace with:

pa.attribute_sort");

I now get both the images and the right sort order. The only problem is I am not sure what:

pov.products_options_values_name asc");

does. It does not seem to affect anything. I guess in was a different sort.