• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installing and Configuring PayPal Website Payments Standard

I am using Paypal Website Payments standard, I am using your guide to setup my account at Paypal.

Your guide says

I do not have an ipn.php file

What do I need to set the auto return to?

This is exactly my question from earlier. I have my return set to the nonexistent "ipn.php" file. I do not get a debug error from PP. I also do not get a "verified" notice in the comments box for the order.

Does anyone using PP Website Payments Standard get this "verified" notice???

I also tried with the return set to \catalog\ext\modules\payment\paypal\standard_ipn.php. With that I get a debug error message from PP. <_<

Cheers, Jeff

This is exactly my question from earlier. I have my return set to the nonexistent "ipn.php" file. I do not get a debug error from PP. I also do not get a "verified" notice in the comments box for the order.

Does anyone using PP Website Payments Standard get this "verified" notice???

I also tried with the return set to \catalog\ext\modules\payment\paypal\standard_ipn.php. With that I get a debug error message from PP. <_<

Cheers, Jeff

Jeff, I have have nothing set in the paypal "Instant Payment Notifcation" I do not have a ipn.php file, so I have nothing there, it is disabled. However in the "Website Payment Preferences" I have Auto Return turned on and the url set to www.mysite.com/checkout_process.php

I set a product price for $1.00 and tested it. The purchase was successfull and I was automatically return to my site, it clicked through checkout_process.php (to update the order from Preparing to Processing, and I landed and checkout_success.php. I received a receipt from the shop, and a receipt from Paypal.

I noticed that if I go through to the PayPal page and do not make the purchase, the order remains in my admin panel with the "No Order History Available" where the status appears.

• 2 weeks later...
Jeff, I have have nothing set in the paypal "Instant Payment Notifcation" I do not have a ipn.php file, so I have nothing there, it is disabled. However in the "Website Payment Preferences" I have Auto Return turned on and the url set to www.mysite.com/checkout_process.php

I set a product price for $1.00 and tested it. The purchase was successfull and I was automatically return to my site, it clicked through checkout_process.php (to update the order from Preparing to Processing, and I landed and checkout_success.php. I received a receipt from the shop, and a receipt from Paypal.

I noticed that if I go through to the PayPal page and do not make the purchase, the order remains in my admin panel with the "No Order History Available" where the status appears.

Larry,

I also do not have an ipn.php file. I did set it up the way that Bob Mason's directions described. I posted the same question on Bob's thread about not having this file and got no responses.

I have been live for about 2 weeks now. I only accept PayPal currently and it has been working flawlessly. I have had 2 customers bail when they were redirected to PayPal so only "preparing" was in the comments. Easy to spot. All others get updated to "processing" after completing payment.

I also have the return set to /checkout_process.php

The thing I was worried about can be seen in the screen shot below. This was my first test transaction. This is the "verified" comment I was referring to. It says "IPN verified" with the amount. Very cool but it only happened the first time and not again since. BTW, I had PayPal pointing to the non-existent ipn.php file when I got this comment! Weird huh?

osCscreenshot.jpg

I am beginning to think that PayPal has changed something on their end.

Cheers, Jeff

Probably not your situation, but, my host service provided an installation process for version 1 of oscommerce, and put the ipn.php file in a totally different place from those described in these forums. the site tools they provide allowed me to do a search for it to find out where it was installed, so i could figure out then what return url to use to point to it.

• 2 weeks later...
I've followed the instructions very carefully to set up my Paypal Website Payments Standard. However, while I was testing to make a purchase, at the end when I click to confirm my order, I got this error message from Paypal:

This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency.

I have two questions:

1. I checked my payment Receiving Preference, and I do have currencies accounts opened up to receive US Dollar payments. So, why am I getting this Paypal message?

2. While purchasing the item, I actually set the currency to Canadian Dollars (my bill detail upon check out were all in Canadian dollars), so why does Paypal said I do not accept payments denominated in USD, since I'm trying to pay in Canadian currency?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I also have exactly the same problem :huh:

My PayPal is US$ currency but I set it to receive all other currencies (which PayPal automatically converts to US$).

I surely love any helps!

Aldian Prakoso - Blog Monetization Strategist

• 1 year later...

I think I may have done something wrong.

The default currency is just titled 'Pound' with no code entered, this way paypal converts it to dollars.

If I enter GBP as the code for the currency then all my prices change to 0.

Also when im using the Paypal sandbox to test im getting Paypal telling me that "This invoice has already been paid, please contact the Merchant."

Any pointers would be appreciated.

i also had same problem , but after few try i found why this happen. i was using paypal sandbox with sandbox buyer account , but my seller account was real paypal account . so if you testing with sandbox you should use sandbox test account for both Seller and Buyer. it is very simple just create these and configure your paypal standart module to use Sandbox test account instead Real paypal account. voila

• 1 month later...

Thank You for this info. :lol: If you guys don't have a ipn.php file check out this link This was well thought out as my sandbox (testing) went without a hitch, except i had to manually come back to my site. I believe that the settings should be notify url: <your site>/catalog/ipn.php --use the file i provided above in the link. This is paypal's own suggested ipn file.-- return url: <your site>/catalog/checkout_success.php :-"

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

Because of this I might have my first sale! :thumbsup: :D :lol: Keep your fingers crossed and thank you

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

• 1 month later...

The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.

Thanks for the great instructions, but I am getting this error message at the checkout, any ideas on what I have done wrong?? and how to fix this issue???

• 3 years later...

I finally got around to setup Paypal Website Payments Standard. (Sandbox!)

I found this very helpful topic Paypal Setup and there is one part that i don't fully understand.

Setting up PayPal

No. 12 says

Set the return URL to http://<your website>/catalog/ipn.php

is this ipn.php file something that should be there on my server under the root directory? I have a standard_ipn.php inside the ext/modules/payment/paypal folder.

I also get a message inside the account_history.php when i look at a order that has been paid with PP Standard.

PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; ¥2,970 ); PayPal transaction value (2970) does not match order value (2,970)]

I could remove the line that is responsible for this message inside the standard_ipn.php but i doubt that this is the right way to solve this.

Something to do with the "Thousands Point" or the "currency symbol"?

Edited by Tsimi