• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installing and Configuring PayPal Website Payments Standard

Being new to osCommerce I have searched the forums looking for a step by step guide to Installing and Configuring PayPal Website Payments Standard because the versions supplied with the website template I bought didn't work.

I noticed that requests for help with this are all over the forum but no one has written a guide that makes any sense and a lot of the wizkids seem unable to pass on simple instructions as they assume that the people reading the forums are as technically clued in as they are - in the main they are NOT and the cryptic comments and instructions are mostly meaningless to new users.

So I have written a tutorial about installing the PayPal Website Payments Standard v1.0 contribution based on what I did to get this excellent addon working.

You can find the tutorial here http://www.omega-cottage.co.uk/articles/we...oscommerce.html

I hope this helps all those folks heartfelt plees for help with setting up PayPal :D

Edited by BobMason

Being new to osCommerce I have searched the forums looking for a step by step guide to Installing and Configuring PayPal Website Payments Standard because the versions supplied with the website template I bought didn't work.

I noticed that requests for help with this are all over the forum but no one has written a guide that makes any sense and a lot of the wizkids seem unable to pass on simple instructions as they assume that the people reading the forums are as technically clued in as they are - in the main they are NOT and the cryptic comments and instructions are mostly meaningless to new users.

So I have written a tutorial about installing the PayPal Website Payments Standard v1.0 contribution based on what I did to get this excellent addon working.

You can find the tutorial here http://www.omega-cottage.co.uk/articles/we...oscommerce.html

I hope this helps all those folks heartfelt plees for help with setting up PayPal :D

My profile at paypal has the IPN return set to checkout_success rather than checkout_process. Otherwise it appears to be a good guide.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your "TO THE POINT" tutorial on installing the Paypal Module, It was like a breath of fresh air. It seems the main point of the Forum responses are simply to be-little new comes ( NEWBIES) even that word is an insult.

I run a very successful offline business and have done for many years, If any of these so called TECHIES would like to give that a go, I would be happy to help (without judgement ) . Fact is, exprience of anything makes one better at it, So looking down on someone for lack of exprience does not seem right. I think the entire forum system needs to be looked at. Alot of hot air and not much in the way of actual help.

As for your help bob, thank you once again. Of course I may still need further help:)

Regards

ZAR

Edited by zar

Thanks for the guide.

The only problem I am having is that when it goes from my checkout to paypal it converts it from pounds the dollars (£15 = $15) and if I change the switch to default language currency all my prices revert to 0.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the guide.

The only problem I am having is that when it goes from my checkout to paypal it converts it from pounds the dollars (£15 = $15) and if I change the switch to default language currency all my prices revert to 0.

What am I doing wrong?

In admin, have you set the localization to GBP and made this default and also the country to United Kingdom in location/taxes?

I think I may have done something wrong.

The default currency is just titled 'Pound' with no code entered, this way paypal converts it to dollars.

If I enter GBP as the code for the currency then all my prices change to 0.

Also when im using the Paypal sandbox to test im getting Paypal telling me that "This invoice has already been paid, please contact the Merchant."

Any pointers would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I must compliment on this. I found it very useful and easy to follow. All other information (on the internet and elsewhere) about installing paypal module just confused me. But this is compact! GREAT

HAVE A PEACEFUL YEAR EVERYONE

lalu

Hello,

I have an installation of OSCOMMERCE and an installation of WHMCS (another billing-related software). Both use IPN response back to the script.

I'm trying to figure out how to have IPN for BOTH scripts without each other getting PayPal transactions mixed up.

I read in PayPal that if the "notify_url" variable is specified on the

script that it will override anything defined in the PayPal Account ->

Profile -> Instant Payment Notification area.

"Specify the URL in the notify_url variable on appropriate transaction

types. If you specify an IPN URL in this manner, it will override the

URL defined in your Profile settings."

Does osCommerce have this "notify_url" variable specified already so I

don't have to type the /catalog/checkout_process.php URL in Profile -> IPN in PayPal?

Or is there anyway to easily add this?

Benjamin Winn

Thanks for the easy to follow guide Bob. I did my PayPal Standard install on a new store I'm working on for some New Years Eve fun! Testing went perfect in Sandbox. Since then, I have not been getting the "PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; $xx.xx)]" in my comments box in Admin/Customer Orders. I have installed USPS Methods and also a shipping insurance add-on but don't see how those would effect the IPN. I have uninstalled both and still don't receive the IPN.

In my time spent on this the past week, I have realized that you point to http://<your website>/catalog/ipn.php as the return URL in the PayPal Website Payment Preferences set up. This file doesn't exist in our /catalog/ folders. I have tried with this set to /catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php. With this I get a "PayPal IPN Invalid Process" email sent to my debug address. I have also tried with it set to /catalog/checkout_process.php. I get no error email but I still don't receive the "PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; $xx.xx)]" message in my Comments box for the order.

The drag is that I feel the need to check my PayPal account to make sure each transaction has finished completely. Very time consuming.

BTW, my store is not SSL incripted and I am running the latest 2.2rc2a version of osC.

Any help would be mucho appreciated.

Cheers, Jeff

Thanks for your help. But i found the mistake. Somehow I must of turned off the paypal radio button off in group discount. Because all is fine now.

Stayed up too long the orther night I guess. Just got too tired!!! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

In Paypal's sandbox, it finally started passing the numbers for the purchase into it.

However, when I click the Pay Now button, it gives me:

This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.

and when I click on the Return to Merchant button, it takes me back to the checkout_payment.php page, where you select Paypal.

Am I doing something wrong?

In Paypal's sandbox, it finally started passing the numbers for the purchase into it.

However, when I click the Pay Now button, it gives me:

This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.

and when I click on the Return to Merchant button, it takes me back to the checkout_payment.php page, where you select Paypal.

Am I doing something wrong?

I never test using the sand box.

Set the cart to live and then set a product to 1 penny or 1 cent. Make a purchase using Paypal and see what happens. If it is working you will see all the aspects of the process and emails from both the customer and your shop side.

I've followed the instructions very carefully to set up my Paypal Website Payments Standard. However, while I was testing to make a purchase, at the end when I click to confirm my order, I got this error message from Paypal:

This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency.

I have two questions:

1. I checked my payment Receiving Preference, and I do have currencies accounts opened up to receive US Dollar payments. So, why am I getting this Paypal message?

2. While purchasing the item, I actually set the currency to Canadian Dollars (my bill detail upon check out were all in Canadian dollars), so why does Paypal said I do not accept payments denominated in USD, since I'm trying to pay in Canadian currency?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Edited by arton

Thank you for the documentation!

I have "PayPal Website Payments Pro (US) Direct Payments" and "Paypal Express Checkout" because I assumed (hopefully not falsely) that the API calls wouldn't have the same issue of the old PayPal IPN module had of losing orders.

However, I no longer get the notification from PayPal that the payment has been verified or that it's been refunded.

Any ideas on where I went wrong?

2. While purchasing the item, I actually set the currency to Canadian Dollars (my bill detail upon check out were all in Canadian dollars), so why does Paypal said I do not accept payments denominated in USD, since I'm trying to pay in Canadian currency?

I'm having the same problem, except in my case in need to accept payments in UK Pounds. Can anyone help?

Thanks

I have installed Paypal Website Payments standard and i have enabled this from the admin side. The problem i have is when I go to checkout and on checkout_payment.php under Payment Method nothing shows up.

Could somebody please help also I have removed the Credit Card option that was previously their.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

I have installed Paypal Website Payments standard and i have enabled this from the admin side. The problem i have is when I go to checkout and on checkout_payment.php under Payment Method nothing shows up.

Could somebody please help also I have removed the Credit Card option that was previously their.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

No other PayPal option is installed via admin correct?

Thanks for your reply hwkd. I have the following in my modules:

PayPal Website Payments Pro (US) Direct Payments

PayPal Express Checkout

PayPal Website Payments Standard

PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Direct Payments

PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Express Checkout

but only PayPal Website Payments Standard is installed.

PayPal Express Checkout

PayPal Express Checkout