• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to do checkout without filling out info? help pls!

qiaqiaqia

I'm only using paypal as payment method now. There're three options on the checkout page.

1. go straight to checkout process

2. new customer signing up filling out info..

3. returned customer signing in

But right now, after clicking the option 1. it takes you to the same place as the option 2. which is the page you fill out your personal information, instead of taking you to paypal directly.

Please help if you know how to solve this problem. Thanks for your time!

<3

If a customer doesn't enter their name and address, where will you ship the product to? You can install the Purchase Without Account or Fast Easy (and a third new one I don't recall the name of) that allows checking out without creating an account but the address information is still required.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I want the checkout to go directly to paypal so that people who have paypal accounts don't have to enter their address with my site and those that don't sign up with paypal.

I don't want to collect any customer info on my site and then make them reenter it again on paypal.

If a customer doesn't enter their name and address, where will you ship the product to? You can install the Purchase Without Account or Fast Easy (and a third new one I don't recall the name of) that allows checking out without creating an account but the address information is still required.

Jack

That's not how oscommerce works. Once the person enters the address informatin in your shop, that is not needed for them to pay with paypal, unless they don't have a paypal account. You could change the code to make it work that way but the orders wouldn't be recorded.

You can do what you want by disabling the checkout process and adding a paypal link to the shopping cart page. It is a lot of work to get it to work less efficiently than the stock code, but it's possible.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons