• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Methods 4.14 Stopped Working

robds

I have an osCommerce 2.2rc2a site with USPSMethods 4.14 installed. It has been working great since September, then all of a sudden today it is not working. I get the following error message.

United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

The installation text file has a way to set up the module to email yourself with the exact usps response. I changed it and I am now receiving the emails, but they are completely blank.

Is anyone else having problems? Any ideas on fixing/debugging?

Rob

Yep - same here. All my stores have broken USPS modules this morning :-( This usually happens when USPS change something in their API (which they love to do without telling anyone). If anyone finds a fix - could they post here?

cheers

Jason

I have an osCommerce 2.2rc2a site with USPSMethods 4.14 installed. It has been working great since September, then all of a sudden today it is not working. I get the following error message.

United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

The installation text file has a way to set up the module to email yourself with the exact usps response. I changed it and I am now receiving the emails, but they are completely blank.

Is anyone else having problems? Any ideas on fixing/debugging?

Rob

Yes me too, but I belive it might be a USPS issue.. if you go to their site and try and do a zip lookup it comes to a 500 internal server error.. hang tight hopefully they are aware and repairing.. I hope!!

For a quick repair I turn ON flat rate shipping and OFF USPS.. I changed the text in the languages/english/flat.php to read:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_TITLE', 'USPS');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'United States Postal Service');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY', 'Dec 7, 2009 - USPS is having a problem calculating the shipping. Please choose this shipping rate and we will adjust your total before charing your card if applicable');

Edited by wkdwich

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

haha and now that I spell checked it it says:

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ<BR>Dec 7, 2009 - USPS is having a problem calculating the shipping. Please choose this shipping rate and we will adjust your total before charging your card if applicable. $8.80 applies to Priority rates within the US under 1 pound. Rates to other countries vary and we will contact you with the total before processing your order

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

Where/how exactly do you add the disclaimer listed above?

I added it thusly in the uspsflat.php in /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPSFLAT_TEXT_INFO', 'IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ<BR>Dec 7, 2009 - USPS is having a problem calculating the shipping. Please choose this shipping rate and we will adjust your total before charging your card if applicable. $8.80 applies to Priority rates within the US under 1 pound. <br>Rates to other countries vary and we will contact you with the total before processing your order');

But it doesn't come up.

Thanks!

Joe