Jack_mcs

Custom Server Error Pages

It shouldn't matter. It can be affected by the AllowOverride setting so if your file has that, the changes should go after it. Though I think the default settings on the server would not make that required. Just be sure to change what's in the lines to be added since they have catalog in the path, assuming you don't use that directory.

@Jack_mcs

I had already seen the catalog in the path.

I have it installed and I have to say that it works perfectly.

I only changed the server_error.php  with the one from @Tsimi

I think this one looks nicer.

Thanks to all the good things you do Jack. :thumbsup:

​

curious if this will give a hard 404 or a soft fail. I have a similar add on in my shop and google webmaster tools show a lot of soft fails when I disable a category. (even though a 404 is returned)

Jim Bullen - President

The Cigar Hut Group of Companies

Installed add-ons: (that now need to be upgraded to OSC CE Phoenix)

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!

This addon is just to allow you to show pages on your site for the given header error. It doesn't return a status. And the shops code will not return a 404 status either. It will show not found but the status returned is a 301 or 302. You need to install the Header Status Handler to get the proper returns. It will cause the soft 404's to be removed from your google account.

awesome, thanks so much for the quick reply Jack

Jim Bullen - President

The Cigar Hut Group of Companies

Installed add-ons: (that now need to be upgraded to OSC CE Phoenix)

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!