• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bestsellers Scroll Quickie

danielcompton

Regarding the bestellers scroll contrib.

It is just one file and works fine, BUT one thing that annoys me is the image size.

The image sizes are all fine, EXCEPT when I am viewing a product that shows up in the bestsellers box it then becomes the large image size I use in product info.

If you look at the screen shot you will see the 1st image size in bestsellers is the correct size and all others are. But as I am viewing the no.2 product on the list it makes that full size. I assume this is a feature so it is highlighting the fact I am viewing a product in the bestsellers.

The problem is in i.e this just shows half that image but in google chrome is stretches the column to fit the image size, this means when the large image shows it messings the layout up.

could anyone advise from the below code how to change it so all images are the same size? I know it is not the SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) section as I changed that manually, and that is set in admin to 125 which is fine. But the product being viewed shows up at 200px

I know I could set the product_info image size to 125 and it would fix it, but then my product_info images would be small and I want them at 200px.

bestseller.jpg

<?php
/*
 $Id: best_sellers.php,v 1.21 2003/06/09 22:07:52 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

if (isset($current_category_id) && ($current_category_id > 0)) {
   $best_sellers_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_ordered > 0 and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' in (c.categories_id, c.parent_id) order by p.products_ordered desc, pd.products_name limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_BESTSELLERS);
 } else {
   $best_sellers_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_ordered > 0 and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_ordered desc, pd.products_name limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_BESTSELLERS);
 }

if (tep_db_num_rows($best_sellers_query) >= MIN_DISPLAY_BESTSELLERS) {
?>
<!-- best_sellers_scroll //-->
         <tr>
           <td>
<?php
   $info_box_contents = array();
   $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_BESTSELLERS);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$rows = 0;
   $bestsellers_list = '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">';
   while ($best_sellers = tep_db_fetch_array($best_sellers_query)) {
     $rows++;
     $bestsellers_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents" valign="top">'  . '</td><td class="infoBoxContents">'. '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $best_sellers['products_id']) . '">' .tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $best_sellers['products_image'], $best_sellers['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT).'<br>'. tep_row_number_format($rows). '. <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $best_sellers['products_id']) . '">' . $best_sellers['products_name'] . '</a></td></tr>';
   }
   $bestsellers_list .= '</table>';

$info_box_contents = array();
   $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<MARQUEE behavior= "scroll" align= "center" direction= "up" height="160" scrollamount= "2" scrolldelay= "70" onmouseover=\'this.stop()\' onmouseout=\'this.start()\'>'.$bestsellers_list.'</MARQUEE>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
           </td>
         </tr>
<!-- best_sellers_scroll_eof //-->
<?php
 }
?>

Edited by danielcompton