• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help required setting up paypal express

boltonb

Hello i have been trying to incorporate paypal with paypal express for the past few days with no success,

Please could anybody help me set this up correctly

So far i have entered all of my API information (user, pass and signiture) into the admin part,

When i try to purchase an item the shopping cart works fine until the payment information after this screen it goes back to the checkout

works fine when selecting cash on delivery but not when you select paypal express

any help V much appreciated

• 1 month later...

I have paypal express for my store. Regardless at shopping cart or checkout payment pages, th link will take me to paypal. I still have to learn but will be willing to help if all possible.

What do you have for your settings in admun -> payment?

• 3 weeks later...

is their an contribute for paypal express checkout that is only express checkout and not express checkout and paypment pro. the only one available is one that i downloaded and when someone buys something oscommerice wont register it and i dont know what was bought

there is this module: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5687

It seems to work fine if the person doesn't already have an account and uses the Express Checkout for the first time. If they ever come back, they have to request their account password since the original was setup by paypal - and that kind-of lame....

However, if the customer already has an account before you use the module, it doesn't seem to work (at least for me).

I think it has something to do with how the address is being handled since we use States and the State sent is the full state name instead of the abbreviation - but I don't know.

is their an contribute for paypal express checkout that is only express checkout and not express checkout and paypment pro. the only one available is one that i downloaded and when someone buys something oscommerice wont register it and i dont know what was bought

I recommend using the one by dynamo effect and disable the dp.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I recommend using the one by dynamo effect and disable the dp.

Satish

but with that contribute it says "Since it over-writes several checkout files, it is likely to be incompatible with any modifications you have made to your checkout process or any other contributions that modify the checkout process". i have another credit card contribute already installed and i want to use both.

there is this module: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5687

It seems to work fine if the person doesn't already have an account and uses the Express Checkout for the first time. If they ever come back, they have to request their account password since the original was setup by paypal - and that kind-of lame....

However, if the customer already has an account before you use the module, it doesn't seem to work (at least for me).

I think it has something to do with how the address is being handled since we use States and the State sent is the full state name instead of the abbreviation - but I don't know.

i downloaded that contribute and for me it works, it takes me to paypal and back and the transaction gos through. But what you decribed sounds like what i am going through. Same thing, i login and use paypal express and it creates another account with the same name. Also does oscommerice register the order within the admin, because i am getting nothing, when some one uses the paypal express, just a invoice from paypal, and i have no idea what they bought.

i downloaded that contribute and for me it works, it takes me to paypal and back and the transaction gos through. But what you decribed sounds like what i am going through. Same thing, i login and use paypal express and it creates another account with the same name. Also does oscommerice register the order within the admin, because i am getting nothing, when some one uses the paypal express, just a invoice from paypal, and i have no idea what they bought.

The order showed up, but was one of the 10 or so status that were created by the mod. It was visible via a different view than going to the normal orders.php in admin, and was not visibile in some of my custom reports.

I disabled and completely removed the contribution, trying to find an alternative - which is likely going to be Magento or VirtueMart... lol

The order showed up, but was one of the 10 or so status that were created by the mod. It was visible via a different view than going to the normal orders.php in admin, and was not visibile in some of my custom reports.

I disabled and completely removed the contribution, trying to find an alternative - which is likely going to be Magento or VirtueMart... lol

i installed paypal expresscheckout IPN module by alexstudio and it works great. i tryed everything and that one was the only one that worked for me