• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net SIM order error

nontechie

I am signed up with Authorize.net and am using the Authorize.net SIM module on my site (www.tedannisjostens.com/ecommerce/ It is embedded in a folder right now until I know the site will work).

I was on the phone with Authorize.net for about an hour and they told me my module settings are correct. When I add an item to my cart, and checkout- I am sent to the Authorize.net SIM capture site can add credit card and shipping info. Once I press submit, I get the following error:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

The order is sent to Authorize.net, but my oscommerce package does not register the order. IT doesn't show at all in my order views.

Additionally, I am getting these errors on my admin tool, customer section:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /data/18/1/129/158/1618484/user/1744358/htdocs/ecommerce/admin/customers.php on line 733

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /data/18/1/129/158/1618484/user/1744358/htdocs/ecommerce/admin/customers.php on line 735

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /data/18/1/129/158/1618484/user/1744358/htdocs/ecommerce/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /data/18/1/129/158/1618484/user/1744358/htdocs/ecommerce/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

I am not a techie. I don't know php- only html. I can figure out how to replace code snippets though.

It seems that others are having similar errors, but I don't see the same error.

Are these 2 things related? Any fixes?

Thanks so much for your help.

Edited by nontechie

Some additional notes for the mystery:

After reviewing the setup on both ends and doing more "checkouts" I noticed that oscommerce is not recognizing this as a final checkout. In fact, the same items that were in my cart for invoice 8 are there when I go shopping for invoice 9. Also, Authorize.net does not have an invoice number. It seems like the Authorize.net SIM module interfered with oscommerce's ability to track the purchase.

Any fixes for this?

Some additional notes for the mystery:

After reviewing the setup on both ends and doing more "checkouts" I noticed that oscommerce is not recognizing this as a final checkout. In fact, the same items that were in my cart for invoice 8 are there when I go shopping for invoice 9. Also, Authorize.net does not have an invoice number. It seems like the Authorize.net SIM module interfered with oscommerce's ability to track the purchase.

Any fixes for this?

OK a few more notes for the mystery- I've noticed a few people are viewing this. I finally found someone at Authorize.net that could offer some information on the error. It is "error 52"

The site gave me this info on the error- now I need to figure out how to fix..

Summary of Error:

When Authorize.Net is responding to a script on your server, our system waits 10 seconds for the script to acknowledge it received our response. If we do not get that acknowledgement in 10 seconds, the response's connection will time out, and an error page would be displayed. This error may also occur if the customer submits a transaction and then closes the web page before we have acknowledged the acceptance of the transaction response.

If this error occurs, the customer will most likely come across the following error message:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An email has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is a result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

It is important to note that the transaction will be marked as a General Error within your Merchant Interface. The transaction detail will display the Transaction Status, "General Error (Unable to send notification to Customer)".

Resolving this Error:

- Before doing anything else, have your script start writing to your receipt page. For example: Print your page headers and the first part of the page body. If your script prints to the screen first we will recognize that you and your customer have received the transaction results.

- Check that your script permissions are correct and that it can accept an HTTPS POST.

- Check that the script is not completing other functions before writing to the screen such as writing to a database or sending emails.

- Please check to see if there are different processes that are used in your script for approvals, declines, or errors. Check each process to be sure that they will write to the screen before any other functions.

- Verify that your script is not using redirects upon receiving the response from our servers. Redirects are strongly discouraged because they can potentially interfere with the process.

I'll keep looking through other notes in the forum. Anyone else ever solved this error? Thanks...

OK a few more notes for the mystery- I've noticed a few people are viewing this. I finally found someone at Authorize.net that could offer some information on the error. It is "error 52"

The site gave me this info on the error- now I need to figure out how to fix..

I'll keep looking through other notes in the forum. Anyone else ever solved this error? Thanks...

I figured it out. Hopefully this post will help someone else in the future.

This person's solution worked for me- very simple fix. Now I have a different error to figure out...urg.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=858160

• 1 month later...
I figured it out. Hopefully this post will help someone else in the future.

This person's solution worked for me- very simple fix. Now I have a different error to figure out...urg.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=858160

^ This link doesn't work...I'm having the same issue with SIM

• 10 months later...