• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] CoolIris for osCommerce v0.1

tomatoman

Getting this strange error at the following URL:

http://www.bazaarwala.com/cooliris.php?cPa...db90e35b19c8e97

Warning: Missing argument 3 for currencies::display_price(), called in /home/bzr/public_html/cooliris.php on line 185 and defined in /home/bzr/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 70

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select value from currencies WHERE currencies_id =

[TEP STOP]

Please help. Anyways a great piece of work. Thanks :)

Thanks Asifzia

It's pulling in osCid - I'll try and sort this for beta 3. Beta 2 should be up very shortly.

S

In a rush today...

I've packaged up beta v0.2

Comments and bug reports welcome as always.

* Added options for display on homepage.

* Modified the advanced search query for backwards compatibility.

* Added checks to reduce 'contribution clash'

* Various minor tidies and tweaks

Dowload Cooliris for osCommerce v0.2

S

Cooliris does not show on my homepage if homepage url does not include /index.php and is just say www.homepage.com.

Most people go to a .com address and not to a .com/index.php address.

Cooliris shows on my .com/index.php but not on .com

Any workaround?

Hi,

Cooliris is working great! The only thing is that when I click on the "Show the Cooliris slideshow" link, the page reloads turning on cooliris but now I get the following java error with internet explorer. No problems with Mozilla FireFox...

Error on page

Line: 1
Char: 122
Error: 'null' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: http://www.needfulthings.net/jai/catalog/index.php

Hi,

Cooliris is working great! The only thing is that when I click on the "Show the Cooliris slideshow" link, the page reloads turning on cooliris but now I get the following java error with internet explorer. No problems with Mozilla FireFox...

Error on page

Line: 1
Char: 122
Error: 'null' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: http://www.needfulthings.net/jai/catalog/index.php

Hi TT

Glad to hear you like it and you have it working.

There's no java or javascript in the Cooliris plugin so I can't see this being a part of the problem. I've checked your site in IE6/7 and I can't see the error you describe.

S

Hi TT

Glad to hear you like it and you have it working.

There's no java or javascript in the Cooliris plugin so I can't see this being a part of the problem. I've checked your site in IE6/7 and I can't see the error you describe.

S

Actually, now I look again I can see it. I'm not used to using IE!!!

Strange one - it looks like it may be something to do with the conditional commenting. I'll have a look.

on initial homepage visit (.com) I get:

http://www.magnet4less.com/

Thanks Jon

Doh! I spotted this one just after I sent it up. Thought I'd get away with it until the morning ;)

In catalog/includes/modules/cooliris.php change the following...

Line 53 should read

<span class="infoBoxNoticeContents" style="clear:both;width:<?php echo MODULE_DISPLAY_COOLIRIS_SIZE; ?>;text-align:center;margin:auto"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(($category_depth!="top"?$cooliris_page:FILENAME_DEFAULT), tep_get_all_get_params(array('cooliris')) . 'cooliris=O'); ?>">Hide the Cooliris slideshow</a></span>

...and line 62 should be...

<span class="infoBoxNoticeContents" style="clear:both;width:<?php echo MODULE_DISPLAY_COOLIRIS_SIZE; ?>;text-align:center;margin:auto;"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(($category_depth!="top"?$cooliris_page:FILENAME_DEFAULT), tep_get_all_get_params(array('cooliris')) . 'cooliris=E'); ?>">Show the Cooliris slideshow</a></span>

Let me know if that works.

Apart from anything that I don't know about yet, or any additional feature/contribution integration, this should be ready for a production release after this. I'll continue to add tweaks and features as Cooliris itself comes out of Beta.

S

Hi Tomatoman,

This contribution works very very cool (iris)! Repect to you.

Thanks to you i have tested him local and it works great.

I only got 1 question:

1 - Where can i change the settings of the colors, image proportions, text proportions, background-color, etc of Cooliris?

Is this possible in oscommerce or do i change this elsewehere?

Sorry for my english, i am a dutch boy

Greetings from a rainy Holland!

Armand

Hi Tomatoman,

This contribution works very very cool (iris)! Repect to you.

Thanks to you i have tested him local and it works great.

I only got 1 question:

1 - Where can i change the settings of the colors, image proportions, text proportions, background-color, etc of Cooliris?

Is this possible in oscommerce or do i change this elsewehere?

Sorry for my english, i am a dutch boy

Greetings from a rainy Holland!

Armand

Hi Armand

Glad you like it.

The Cooliris application itself is in an extended beta at the moment. You can't change the colours at the moment but the feature has been requested by others at the Cooliris Developer Forum. You can change the image proportions and text size slightly by increasing the size of window in Administration->Configuration->Product Listing and it will scale to fit. Watch out that you don't make it too big though - it may be too much for smaller monitors and screen resolutions.

If and when Cooliris add more features I'll add them to the osCommerce plugin.

S

Thanks Jon

Doh! I spotted this one just after I sent it up. Thought I'd get away with it until the morning ;)

In catalog/includes/modules/cooliris.php change the following...

Line 53 should read

<span class="infoBoxNoticeContents" style="clear:both;width:<?php echo MODULE_DISPLAY_COOLIRIS_SIZE; ?>;text-align:center;margin:auto"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(($category_depth!="top"?$cooliris_page:FILENAME_DEFAULT), tep_get_all_get_params(array('cooliris')) . 'cooliris=O'); ?>">Hide the Cooliris slideshow</a></span>

...and line 62 should be...

<span class="infoBoxNoticeContents" style="clear:both;width:<?php echo MODULE_DISPLAY_COOLIRIS_SIZE; ?>;text-align:center;margin:auto;"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(($category_depth!="top"?$cooliris_page:FILENAME_DEFAULT), tep_get_all_get_params(array('cooliris')) . 'cooliris=E'); ?>">Show the Cooliris slideshow</a></span>

Let me know if that works.

Apart from anything that I don't know about yet, or any additional feature/contribution integration, this should be ready for a production release after this. I'll continue to add tweaks and features as Cooliris itself comes out of Beta.

S

Yes... That worked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I was looking for using cooliris with oscommerce and finally i found it, thank you for this.

I have one question, If you go to Google images and search for something , many pictures will be displayed as normal. If you have cooliris installed and if you hover the mouse on top of any of the images, the cooliris icon will appear in the bottom left hand corner of the image. If you click on that icon, the full slide show will appear.

I would like to show this icon on my images on the site, how can i do that?

Regards,

nile.

• 7 months later...

Just installed this in my dev environment and it is looking good. There are a couple of things I would like to do before I go live though and would appreciate your help.

- How do I stop it displaying the price? My base price is zero, all pricing is done via product attributes and it looks a bit daft having zero price showing up on the Coolprice wall.

- Is there a way I can get it to show all my products instead of new, best sellers or showcase? In fact is there a way for it to display a random selection?

Thanks in advance for your help and for a great contribution.

Ian

Managed to work out the answer to my 2 questions above. Have changed the sql select statement for showcase mode to

$listing_sql = "select distinct " . $select_column_list . " from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id=m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id=pd.products_id left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on p2c.products_id=p.products_id where products_status = '1' and categories_id <> 53 and categories_id <> 54  and categories_id <> 46 order by rand() limit 500";

This now displays a random selection of images from the entire database.

I do have one problem though. When I try to link through to the product, the URL generated starts with "/http" so I get page not found. Where is this URL generated?

Cheers

Ian

• 1 month later...

Just realised, the characters at the start of the link, which cause it to fail, are whatever I have in the catalogue path in the config file. What have I done wrong?

Hi there,

same problem for me!

If I try to klick any Link inside Cooliris, the following error shows up:

The requested URL /catalog/http://www.folienqueen.de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=51 was not found on this server.

Where can I change it? This is what`s in the adress line:

http://www.folienqueen.de/catalog/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.folienqueen.de%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct_info.php%3Fproducts_id%3D51

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ChilliNr1

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I am a beginner with osCommerce. I have installed CoolIris for osCommerce and it works very well in category and sub-category pages: It is very cool!!! I tried to use the homepage display options but it does not work. Can you please give me detailed instruction for it?

Thanks,

Julio.

• 6 months later...