• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Best module for Paypal and 1 more question

boostanddestroy

So far i am trying express pay module but can only get it to work with flat rate shipping as far as the question If someone calls with credit card info you would have to use your own merchant account you can not enter buyers cc in paypal only end users can set up there own account however if you are a business paypal account holder others can use credit cards to pay you.

Okay so I got the button on my site

BUT

I just did a trial run and the button just basically checks me out in the normal oscommerce fashion, it has nothing to do with paypal. Can someone point me in the right direction as to how to make the paypal module work?

How do I make an API username and password? and what is all of the API stuff?

Edited by boostanddestroy

noob-

• 1 month later...
anyone have any idea? How do i use paypal with oscommerce? Even a simple explanation will work please I need help ASAP!

In order to use PayPal you need to sign up for their Web Payments Pro account. This will allow you 2 things:

1. Virtual terminal where you can enter in the order amount and credit card information of your customer for any transaction. ( I currently use this method) Yo receive verification that the credit card is valid right away and it is fairly easy to use. Search for "Virtual Terminal" on the paypal website for more information.

2. You will also be able to download your API certificate from your PayPal account for with osCommerce. This API is used for security purposes and allows your commerce site to automatically check for valid credit cards and authorize the transaction.

As for how to integrate into the OScommerce code I am still trying to get it to work at this point. You can download a contribution called "paypal_wpp_1.0.2" from the Add-On section of OScommerce. If you can get it to work let me know.

As for how to integrate into the OScommerce code I am still trying to get it to work at this point. You can download a contribution called "paypal_wpp_1.0.2" from the Add-On section of OScommerce. If you can get it to work let me know.

I use paypal pro for card payments over the phone which gives me Virtual Terminal. Costs £20 GBP a month.

To install Paypal standard, you just switch it on in the admin panel. If you're not being pointed to the Paypal site on the payment button then it is just a matter of changing the settings in the admin panel.

I choose this method because Paypal provide the security for the payment on their secure server. The only downside is that the order has to be completed by the return button from Paypal site either to checkout_success.php (in my case) or checkout_process.php (as described by others). If they don't complete then I get the payment but no order. However, I can log into my admin panel and see it there being prepared.