• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error uploading file types

Laurie C.

I'm uploading STS right now. In includes/sts_templates/full the filenames all have 2 dots ("."). So I guess my server doesn't recognize it as being a legitamate extension. I'm getting:

For security reasons, only files of type 'asp aspx bas cfm cgi css csv doc dwf gif gz htm html ico inc jpeg jpg js mdb pdf php php3 php4 php5 pl pm png ppt py shtm shtml sql swf tar txt wav wmv xls xml zip' can be uploaded

Anyone have a solution for this? Should I change the filename, then once uploaded, change back?

I've not been having an easy time so far, I just installed osc for the 3rd time. So, I don't want anything to mess it up this time.

Thanks in advance for any speedy help.

Laurie

I'm uploading STS right now. In includes/sts_templates/full the filenames all have 2 dots ("."). So I guess my server doesn't recognize it as being a legitamate extension. I'm getting:

Anyone have a solution for this? Should I change the filename, then once uploaded, change back?

I've not been having an easy time so far, I just installed osc for the 3rd time. So, I don't want anything to mess it up this time.

Thanks in advance for any speedy help.

Laurie

Laurie,

The official STS support thread is listed in the STS User Manaual as well as in my signature below (STSv4 Forum). Please do not add to this thread with responses but post them in the STS thread so that all STS users can benefit.

To answer your question above so as not to cause further confusion....

Keep the files exactly as they are written in the contribution. Your server should be able to handle them just as they are. If not, get yourself another host. If it can't handle STS, it can't handle osCommerce.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Laurie,

The official STS support thread is listed in the STS User Manaual as well as in my signature below (STSv4 Forum). Please do not add to this thread with responses but post them in the STS thread so that all STS users can benefit.

To answer your question above so as not to cause further confusion....

Keep the files exactly as they are written in the contribution. Your server should be able to handle them just as they are. If not, get yourself another host. If it can't handle STS, it can't handle osCommerce.

Thanks Bill,

I tried the link in the User Manual and was told the post ended or moved or something. I didn't know where else to turn, after trying you. I know we're talking two places, but as far as my host is concerned, it's iPower and osCommerce is an addon they offer, so I would figure they could handle it. It's only 5 files! I'm getting to my wits end, starting to think maybe I got in over my head. I know I'm not an idiot, so I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with this, when it appears no one else is!

Once again, Bill, any help is greatly needed at this point!