Sign in to follow this  
benny4563

International shipping problem

I am unable to select any shipping category except Global Express Guaranteed on International shipments. I click on any of the other radio buttons, but only the Global Express Guaranteed rate is added to the item. I talked with tech support at the USPS and everything looks good at their end. There must be others who have encountered this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Double check to ensure that you have the latest USPS module. This issue cropped up when the USPS started changing the names of their shipping options, and has affected both domestic and international orders. There are a plethora of other threads on this topic.

The shipping option names must be configured exactly, and are case-sensitive (why the USPS didn't use numeric ids, you got me). If they are configured incorrectly, there is no match to your query statement, and the the result from the USPS contains the first alphabetical entry, which happens to be Global Express. This may be an over-simplified interpretation of the issue, but should provide enough information for trouble-shooting.

This issue bit me once when they changed their domestic options, and then subsequently when they revamped their international products. The latest modules should have this all worked out. And, since I've been caught by this in the past, I make sure to verify shipping options whenever the USPS raises rates, just to be on the safe side.

--Rob