• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Greek credit card payments

artstyle

Hi,

Has anyone used this contribution for greek credit card payment with Emporiki bank http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5022

It seems simple however the instructions say that cookies must be enabled (admin/Configuration/Sessions - "Force Cookie Use" is True).

Is this ok to do?

There is also this contribution that works with Eurobank. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5248

Has anyone tried it? Do cookies have to be enabled with this contribution?

Any feedback, recommendations and/or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

As i said in anothre post i was using contrib 4281 (very similar to 5022) and again I had to "force cookies" and I did not find anything bad about that!!

What version is your shop because i think that these contribs are not compatible with the latest version of oscoommerce!!

From my (small) experience I think that proxy pay does not work through Mozilla but I am not sure

Dis you try add on 5248??

As i said in anothre post i was using contrib 4281 (very similar to 5022) and again I had to "force cookies" and I did not find anything bad about that!!

What version is your shop because i think that these contribs are not compatible with the latest version of oscoommerce!!

From my (small) experience I think that proxy pay does not work through Mozilla but I am not sure

Dis you try add on 5248??

Hi,

Thank you for your reponse.

I am using osCommerce 2.2-MS2 but I did want to upgrade.

I have to go to the bank to fill a paper out and then I will try it.

I was just wondering about the force cookies if it gives a pop up security warning. I've seen that on some Greek sites.

The eurobank contribution doesn't say about force cookies. It does say for the Emporiki contribution by the same author. I will try the Eurobank one first.

Shame about Mozilla though.

Thanks again,

Alexandra

i dont think that cookies are a problem - to participate in forums etc you need to have cookies enabled.

In any case i mean that peole will be able to browse your site regardless of the cookies but they might not be able to create an account!!!

If you Want to order from a site 90% need cookies enabled so......

As for proxypay the bank (Eurobank) told me it DOES have a problem with firefox which I think a fe people have realized it. Tha bad thing about proxypay is taht the bank will give no support and that a few pepople in this forum use it so its very difficult to have support.

Still trying to make it ork on RC2 .

I will try the 5248 tomorrow and see what happens but will also try paypal. The firefox thing is a bummer (saw in my db that 2-3 people tried to pay with no sucess- I did not just lose 3 small amounts but worse 3 people not coming back to my store)

i dont think that cookies are a problem - to participate in forums etc you need to have cookies enabled.

In any case i mean that peole will be able to browse your site regardless of the cookies but they might not be able to create an account!!!

If you Want to order from a site 90% need cookies enabled so......

As for proxypay the bank (Eurobank) told me it DOES have a problem with firefox which I think a fe people have realized it. Tha bad thing about proxypay is taht the bank will give no support and that a few pepople in this forum use it so its very difficult to have support.

Still trying to make it ork on RC2 .

I will try the 5248 tomorrow and see what happens but will also try paypal. The firefox thing is a bummer (saw in my db that 2-3 people tried to pay with no sucess- I did not just lose 3 small amounts but worse 3 people not coming back to my store)

Thanks for the info.

I use Paypal all the time. I wanted the credit cards mainly for the Greek customers. The more payment options the better! Let me know when you try it.

In case session handling is setup right, force cookies is not needed. Only Eurobanks backend has a problem with other browsers then IE, no problem though making payments through your e-shop with Mozilla.

Is this true only for the Eurobank contribution? The Emporiki contribution instructions say force cookies must be set to true, correct?

I wrote the cookie instruction just to make sure the module works also in case the session handling has not been setup right. In case the session handling works correctly, there is no need to force cookies for all the modules I posted (including the Emporiki contribution).

Do you mean that not using IE is a problem of Eurobank and not of proxypay ????

(With Mozilla there is surely a problem on the back end but ALSO with paying through Mozilla. The bank admitted that)

I used your contribution for Eurobank but i have RC2.2 version of oscommerce and after hitting pay now i did not go to checkout_process but to index php

Changed

$payment_success_return = 'osCsid='.$osCsid;
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, $payment_success_return, 'SSL', true, false));

to

$payment_success_return = 'osCsid='.$osCsid;
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL', true, false));

and i can make a successfull transaction with IE.

Mozilla just gets me to nok.php (I mean I never go to the site of the bank where i put in my card details- I just get the error message)

Edit tested with Chrome IE Opera And Firefox. Its only with Firefox that the site of the bank does not even open !!

Edited by diy

Ps, just recently I installed a gateway through Eurobank for another program, based on the same priciple without experiencing any problem on Firefox (my default browser). Also, no one has ever reported this problem to me, although I've implemented this gateway to many e-shops. The only thing that is not working with Eurobank and Firefox is their backend.

Ps, just recently I installed a gateway through Eurobank for another program, based on the same priciple without experiencing any problem on Firefox (my default browser). Also, no one has ever reported this problem to me, although I've implemented this gateway to many e-shops. The only thing that is not working with Eurobank and Firefox is their backend.

Do you recommend Emporiki? Does their system work better than Euro bank's?

I insist that with firefox I cantno even get to the eurocommerce site -I just get a message in oscommerce- so the only way to find if someone has tried to use a card is throught the pp3 table.

i have used the 4281 contrib with an MS2 shop add osc hellas Eurobank contrib with an rc2 shop!! both did not work with firefox

i am using n English Firefox .

Proxypay works fine with Chrome and Opera

PS I mean that if you want to test it you dont have to actually pay you can go to the point where you put you card details on the eurocommerce site

I didn't have that problem, not with Firefox 2 and also not with Firefox 3 (English), so you might have a conflict with your installation. The payment front-end from Eurobank is not more then a simple form and so will not be problematic to load on different browsers. It would also be a little strange if their front-end would not be compatible with a browser that has a big marketshare. Their backend uses scripts which are not compatible with Firefox, I know that from experience.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am still waiting for Eurobank's codes and approval. It takes long!

In the meantimeI also installed the Emporiki module. I installed the emporiki_bank file from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5023. However when I try to test it I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in /home2/xxxxxx/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/pp3.php on line 115

Line 115 is

$tm_description = iconv("ISO-8859-7", "UTF-8", MODULE_PAYMENT_PP3_MERCHANTDESC);

For merchant description I put the name of my store. I don't have real codes for Emporiki yet. They sent me samples to try a test so that's what I am trying to do. When I try a test order I can't get passed order confirmation because of this error.

I also noticed that the cards for Emporiki say Emporokarta, Mastercard and Visa. Is it possible to add Maestro?

Thank you in advance,

Alexandra

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

This is a very interesting post for a new (as I am) in your companion...!

I'm starting my own eshop and I want to ask you what Greek bank do you suggest me to use with osCommerce.

Is some Bank module or code easier to use in comparison with the others; One of my friends told me that Peireaus Bank is pretty good for ecommerce. What are yous suggestions;

Thanks in advance!

Nikos