• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help with 3_images

jokaya

Guys I appreciated any and all help

This contribution ask me to change file's and make change in database

My problem is that i dont know how to make change on database.

i know i need to log in to phpmyadmin but i need the How To.

This is the DB part

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run SQL: (Adds size configuration to admin and the 2 new images)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('', 'Large Image Width', 'LARGE_IMAGE_WIDTH', '', 'The pixel width of large images', 4, 12, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('', 'Large Image Height', 'LARGE_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '', 'The pixel height of large images', 4, 13, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('', 'Medium Image Width', 'MEDIUM_IMAGE_WIDTH', '', 'The pixel width of medium images', 4, 10, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('', 'Medium Image Height', 'MEDIUM_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '', 'The pixel height of medium images', 4, 11, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_mediumimage` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_image`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_largeimage` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_mediumimage`;

Optionally run SQL: (Adds old picture to new fields so they aren't empty.)

UPDATE products SET products_mediumimage = products_image;

UPDATE products SET products_largeimage = products_image;

Optionally run SQL: (Sorts the fields in the admin.)

UPDATE configuration SET sort_order = '1' WHERE configuration_title = 'Heading Image Width';

UPDATE configuration SET sort_order = '2' WHERE configuration_title = 'Heading Image Height';

UPDATE configuration SET sort_order = '3' WHERE configuration_title = 'Subcategory Image Width';

UPDATE configuration SET sort_order = '4' WHERE configuration_title = 'Subcategory Image Height';

UPDATE configuration SET sort_order = '5' WHERE configuration_title = 'Small Image Width';

UPDATE configuration SET sort_order = '6' WHERE configuration_title = 'Small Image Height';

UPDATE configuration SET sort_order = '7' WHERE configuration_title = 'Medium Image Width';

UPDATE configuration SET sort_order = '8' WHERE configuration_title = 'Medium Image Height';

UPDATE configuration SET sort_order = '9' WHERE configuration_title = 'Large Image Width';

UPDATE configuration SET sort_order = '10' WHERE configuration_title = 'Large Image Height';

UPDATE configuration SET sort_order = '11' WHERE configuration_title = 'Calculate Image Size';

UPDATE configuration SET sort_order = '12' WHERE configuration_title = 'Image Required';

Thanks alot

This contribution ask me to change file's and make change in database

My problem is that i dont know how to make change on database.

i know i need to log in to phpmyadmin but i need the How To.

This is from a very helpful thread...

24. I have installed a contribution but the instructions tell me to alter the database with the supplied SQL file. How do I do that?

Most hosting packages include a utility called phpMyAdmin and that is where you can make your database alterations.

From your host's control panel, locate the link to phpMyAdmin. Once inside, select your database from the drop down menu in the left column. Now you have 2 choices. Either click on the "Import" tab at the top of the screen, navigate to the contribution SQL file and click "Go" or, click on the "SQL" tab, also top of the screen, copy the SQL file content and paste into the text area and then click the "Go" button. Either way is good.

Read more answers to your questions here

Hope that helps,

Ron

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

GROUCHO (1895-1977)