• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

First impressions thanks

decapper

Get rid of the no right click script. It doesn't stop anyone from copying or stealing any of the page content anyway.

You're getting the "non secure items" popup in IE on secure pages.

I think it's this:

src="http://www.pricelessweddings.com.au/live_support/status.swf"

Try this:

src="https://www.pricelessweddings.com.au/live_support/status.swf"

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Thanks for that... turned out to be reference url to macromedia site in the livesupport.php... Uninstalled flash player and relised it was stopping my wholesite from loading. So got rid of the flash for the live support and enambled the gif.. So thanks for looking maybe that will help with sales.

Anybody got any design comments... Would you buy from this site etc?

Again thanks for looking

Your image zoom rollover in product_info.php does not display right in FF (tested on FF3)

Its only happening on products with long descriptions ... you havnt set a width for the description text

Just a couple first impressions, since that is what you are asking for:

- The logo looks homemade and a bit cheesy. It doesn't look professional. Also, the whole top header is way too big. It's pretty much all I can see when I go to the page. I do like the images you have there, but they should go somewhere else.

- The pink color is horrible. It makes me think of pepto bismol. Also, the background color and main header are a different color than your infobox headers.

- There is too much moving stuff.

- I have no idea what to click on. Your category menu is too specific and becomes overwhelming when looking at it. You could try being more general like having "Theme Weddings", "Wedding Favors", "Decorations", etc. I would also make the main content section include a couple "calls to action". Show people what is popular right now, or give some suggestions for product pairings. Give customers who aren't looking for something specific a place to start.

I would assume I am in your target market (I am 27 and female), and I would not buy from your site. In fact, I didn't even click past the home page. Take a look at some of your competition (theknot.com, myweddingsfavors.com, etc.) In comparison, your site looks very unprofessional. I think revamping your look could make a huge difference.

Judging on looks alone, as I usually do with websites (and spelling - yours seems fine!) I think it's good, but needs a bit of adjustment... Some brides like pink... You get all girly when you plan a wedding. I would use black if I was going to do a bridal website, in order to rope in the freaky chicks... but that's just me. :P

I agree about the categories. If there is only one item (plus you should lose those category counts so nobody knows there is only one item), then maybe it could be combined into a group. Like maybe sell the guest book and feather pen together...

One thing that might stop people from looking further is that your pics are so small and blurry. I think you should make them bigger (mine are 125 x 125, but I sell jewellery so that might be bigger than you like) and get the contrib for thumbnails. I never recommend contributions because they give me a migraine, but this one is pretty easy and way worth it. I can go back and look through my feedback thread if you want to know which one I used. It made my small pictures look way better and no jaggies! If you look through my thread and see the thing about the fatal error, don't worry, I fixed it. Lemme know if you have trouble.

But the carousel thing... who the hell talked everyone into doing that? It's like the Tickle Me Elmo of websites right now! They are just dumb... They usually look crappy, move way too fast, and they make me dizzy after only two beers! :lol: But that's just me. But me thinks you should lose it...

Cheers,

Nicole

Thanks everybody for your feedback. I have adjusted alot of my site and I hope now its a lot better than before. I took a lot of peoples advice and think it is more polished. If anyone has the time comments would be great again.

Thanks

Looks better. Thanks for losing the carousel! Not that you did it cuz I said so, but I'm still happy it's gone. ;) Carousels are my bane!

I was wrong about the spelling though - most of your category descriptions have spelling errors of some kind ("pricess" on your Fairytale Wedding page). I really am sorry to nag but this really makes a difference to shoppers...

Some of the pricing seems odd... the tulle items have options for filling, etc. but it doesn't add anything to the cost, even though it says that the almonds, etc. aren't included... And then on others, is it really an extra $2 per box to get five pink almonds in there?!?! So for 4 carriage boxes, it's about $14 filled, but about $6 flat?

And some things have volume discounts but some don't. Is that on purpose, or are you adding it in so that everything applies to the volume discount (for a percentage off)? I've never seen it just applied to one or two items before...

I don't know if importing from China should be the first thing people see either, no offense... ;)

And my last thing - in the Ribbon section you say "don't wait for products to come in stock!" and you have no products in the category...

Brides have enough to worry about without having to wonder whether the person selling them their favors is gonna step up... I would look at some other bridal sites and see how they lay things out, pricing, etc. so you can compete with them. Obviously you can work the code well enough to customize things, so now it looks like you need to make it more consistent. Even if your prices are lower, it won't matter if the website looks "iffy" .

Good luck with it, :)

Nicole

Erm....

Lots of sql error messages

Lots of missing text strings

Errors in displaying the site (right column is sliding out of the frame in 1440x900 resolution)

Please check your design in different resolutions, also if you develop in 1024x768. Many people have much wider screens.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to say a big thanks to everyone that commented on my site.. Also the osCommerce team and everyone else that has put time, money or effort into this great community. With out every one's help and support I'm sure would have taken me 8 months longer than it already has.

Archived