• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What/Where is the Product URL?

cruzin67

Your product URL is the "address" where your product is located, it is found in the top of your page, where you would put in an address for any website. It is created when you make a new product and looks something like this:

http://www.watsonlanding.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=50

As for Zip files, those are loaded to your file manager, in a folder that you would create and then upload to. You would need to make a link to the file, password protected if that is what you needed.

Your product URL is the "address" where your product is located, it is found in the top of your page, where you would put in an address for any website. It is created when you make a new product and looks something like this:

http://www.watsonlanding.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=50

As for Zip files, those are loaded to your file manager, in a folder that you would create and then upload to. You would need to make a link to the file, password protected if that is what you needed.

Thanks so much, Kim!! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions!!! I was ready to pull out the hair and toss the laptop at the nearest wall. LOL - J/K (sorta)

Gloria

Thanks so much, Kim!! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions!!! I was ready to pull out the hair and toss the laptop at the nearest wall. LOL - J/K (sorta)

Gloria

Sorry, Kim!! Still ready to pull out my hair. Unfortunately, I'm one of those that should be paying someone to build my site (if I had money). I uploaded most of my zips to the download folder, but I still have this warning on my site: Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: /htdocs/oscommerce1download/. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.

Also: I changed the color of the boxes, but I still have the one little corner of each box which didn't change to the new color. What am I missing here?

And: I'm so afraid of messing everything up, I have no clue as to where to add my email addy for the Contact Us section.

I am extremely frustrated and thinking of just quitting and not selling a da*^ thing. I have been at this for over a week and I'm not really getting anywhere. PLEASE, PLEASE any help would be appreciated. I've gone through the "How do I. . ." post - it's because of this that I've accomplished the little bit I have. THANK YOU!!!!!! Now I could really use some more assistance. I hate to beg, but I seriously have no knowledge of any of this and like I said I don't have the money to pay someone knowledgeable to do this for me.

Thanks in advance for any help any of you can give me.

Gloria

Archived