Sign in to follow this  
jimmyanoyo

Alphabet Listing

Hi.

I am wondering if there is a contribution that is able to list products under each alphabet. when click on "A", all the products that start with A comes up.

Thank you

You could make a cute little alphabet system.

Kind of like those puzzels we had when we were kids number 1-15 only this time arrange the letters A-Z

The link then sends a search for all products that start with that letter.

This can be done in a table 5 x 6 or in a drop down list etc.

Basically you just need something to trigger the select statement for all products that start with the letter selected or clicked on.

Well, I will make a program and contribute it if I am able to program. I know nothing ablut programming except html.

So hoping someone can help.

Predicting that its an easy code to write?

Hi folks,

Well, because I need it I'm thinking of writing such a script. In my case, I need not simply a page of all products starting with a particular letter, but if the number of products for a certain letter is less than a fixed amount (say MAX_ROWS), instead of showing only a small number the consecutive products starting with the next letters are shown in order until MAX_ROWS is reached.

A question for the more experienced with coding for osC: would it be better (ie. faster) do a single big db search for all products, and then start listing at the first instance of the requested letter? Or would it be worthwhile to do a search for each letter in order, and if MAX_ROWS hasn't been reached do the next query?

Finally, any pointers for making this minimize impact on osC core code, and how best to present as a contrib?

Thanks! :)

Craig