• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sign in to follow this  
~Kira

Quickbooks Merchant Services 1.3 DESKTOP ONLY

Hi,

I'm new to the board, and yes I see the other QBMS thread, but there's just too much info in there and it's hard for me to tell exactly what I'm supposed to do or have the client do, for desktop installation.

I have built the cart and added the modules. After never receiving a "connection ticket" from the merchant, the client called them. They sent me over to intuit to download the SDK. Am I now developing applications for intuit? It's an exe file. Quickbooks is on the client's PC at his office. Does he install it instead?

Another thing I found were these lovely instructions: http://developer.intuit.com/qbms/integration_center/?id=1290

Very nicely laid out and easy to read. I wonder why intuit couldn't direct us there... They did make sure to tell us that they "do not support OS Commerce."

I started going through the directions, at no point does it actually ask me to install the SDK or tell me what to do with it. After "download" I move on to "Get Set up to Test," and "Choose a Security Model," which is desktop. After displaying the nice instructions for that, I go the page and it's logged in as me, not the client. Once I log in as the client, there is no option to do anything. No ADD app or whatever. I can't register the account, get a test account or get a connection ticket. When I try to insert his App ID into the url the way it asks, and I enter the log in he's created, it says there is no user with that info.

The thing is, he ALREADY has a working QBMS account already set up and he's set it up to use 'webstore,' and we already have an App ID, log in, password, etc.

Does one of us need to run this SDK thing - are some of these things steps he should have done arleady?

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry if I seem a little ruffled. This is really driving me crazy.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok the client created a log in at appreg.intuit.com and i was able to log in and create the application, which gave me an APP ID and APP Login. but I already had those entered in the QBMS module. Should I change them? We were able to run a test transaction and then they client's secretary said she ran a real transaction, but we still do not have the connection ticket number.

When I go to the next step: create a test account, I can't log in. That's the page where I get the connection ticket number.

He says he has a log in, but it will NOT work for me no matter what. Maybe there is IP security on the account? I don't know.

And to top it all off today, there were syntax errors in another module that I had to fix myself. Not fun.

Edited by ~Kira

Finally after repeatedly trying to fix the log in, when it was obviously not in the system, it appears in the system and says the password is invalid. So upon changing the password, I log in, only to see that "You can not use this service because you are not a member of Quickbooks Merchant Services." Really, then what is the client paying for?

when you are trying to login to get the connection ticket, you need to login with your client's QBMS login information.

Right, we got that but still are not processing. I have no idea why.

The problem with the connection ticket was they repeatedly (for a week) told us to log into a url to their test server, but he did not have an account there, although they assured us every day that he was "all set up" - finally Ryan from Intuit informed me that we had to take the .ptc out of the url to get to the production server, which was where his account really was. In 5 mins it was fixed, but still not processing. I want to set up a 2nd store with no frills but just processing but he only is allowed one database so I'm waiting for him to get back to me on that.

Now they are saying the connection ticket info is wrong. That a new one was generated 11/14 but it's not the same info, which IT IS.

And, get this, the rep said he couldn't give the client any info on the connection ticket exactly, because it's a real account in production with real merchant info --- but it's HIS account! They won't even give the account holder information on HIS OWN account. How do these people stay in business?

Another thing is they've locked me out of the Intuit site so I can't post about them any longer. Wonder why. Wonder why anybody uses them. :blink: