• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stray Line of code!

cr41g

Hi I am getting a line of code appear in the top left hand side of my website, above the Header image.

I have looked for the code (which I presume is ouside of some tags) in the header. php and index.php files but cannot see where it could be coming from.

The code is simply:

rce');?>

Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks.

Craig

I'd look in /catalog/includes/header.php

Looks suspiciously like part of the line where the default logo is (was) coded:

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Looks suspiciously like part of the line where the default logo is (was) coded:

That's what I thought but cannot see anything remaining from where I changed it, I have also tried a find on the file as Raymond suggested and it could not find string... This is doing my head in!

This is how my header file looks in that area if you spot it, let me know!!!

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr class="header">
<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'rock.jpg', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>
 </tr>
</table>

Cheers.

It's not in that code.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

If you post (or PM me your URL) I might be able to help more.

As it is, you're flying solo...

:blush:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Look for it in /catalog/includes/languages/english.php and in /catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

It's definitely not in the header file.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

I can't search for you.

Look thru this post:

Click Me

There are some ideas there for searching thru your sites file if you FTP them to your PC.

Good luck on your scavenger hunt!

;)

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Just for reference, I finally found the problem! If anyone else gets this it was right at the bottom of the english.php file. I have no idea how it got like it was as I hadn't done anything to that file, but hey there it was! Simply deleting the stray line fixed it!

Cheers.