• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site Search Plus

Jack_mcs

i added this to my site but if i do a search then scroll down the products to the back button i get this error

1054 - Unknown column 'pv.products_options_values_id' in 'on clause'

select pv.products_options_values_id as id, pv.products_options_values_name as text from products_options_values pv, products_options po join products_options_values_to_products_options popv on (pv.products_options_values_id = popv.products_options_values_id) where popv.products_options_id = po.products_options_id and popv.products_options_id =2 and po.language_id =1 group by pv.products_options_values_id, products_options_values_name

[TEP STOP]

also the search doesnt seem to find the right products all the time

You made a mistake with the installation. The field that gets added is pov.products_options_values_id, not pv.products_options_values_id.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

i checked the installation the only bit i find with pov is

REPLACE WITH

/************** BEGIN SITESEARCH CHANGE ******************/

$from_str = "from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa on p.products_id = pa.products_id left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov on pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id ";

/************** END SITESEARCH CHANGE ******************/

and i have checked the file and it is there

i checked the installation the only bit i find with pov is

REPLACE WITH

/************** BEGIN SITESEARCH CHANGE ******************/

$from_str = "from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa on p.products_id = pa.products_id left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov on pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id ";

/************** END SITESEARCH CHANGE ******************/

and i have checked the file and it is there

I did a search for pv.products_options_values in a basic shop and doesn't show up at all. So it has to be something specific to your shop, which I can't help with.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

In the boxes/ search.php file, find and remove this code

tep_draw_hidden_field('search_in_description','1') .

Note: the trailing period, as shown, must be deleted.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

anyone is using the contribution with Qty pro and integrated to check stock x attribute? that'll be a nice feature, i'm willing to help out if someone is interested!

Basically it could check attributes with stock (if using qty pro).

regards

Advice on forum are Free, Email or Pm to fix your site is work...which I charge for :)

-------------------

The code's not setup to work with QTPro. I'll add to the list for the next revision but that could be quite a ways off.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack, if i can be of any help with testing and coding gimme a shout and i'll be more than happy to collaborate smile.png

I think it's not an easy task since QTY Pro is using a "proprietary" and different way to calculate stock by attribute, but you never know smile.png

Advice on forum are Free, Email or Pm to fix your site is work...which I charge for :)

-------------------

OK, thanks. I thought the same thing myself, which is why I didn't try a quick code change. I'm not sure the search can be done in one command but, if it can be, the mysql will probably be quite involved.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hi Jack. I have an odd situation with the Contribution.

I am currently receiving notification emails stating that a customer ran a search, but the search came up empty. However, I know that the searched-on products do exist and I can even find the products if I duplicate the search myself.

Here's an example of an email I received from my site that demonstrates the issue:

##############################

Date: November 20, 2011 2:48:43 PM CST

To: owner@@site.com

Subject: Request for product information

A visitor who's email address is could not find the following products using the search function:

------------------------------------------------------

b2137-30f

------------------------------------------------------

Additional Comments:

###############################

Note that no email address is included in the body of the email.

If I go and manually run that same search:

b2137-30f

I get 3 products.

So the search should be valid, and products should be found and shown to the user, but instead I get emails that say no products were found.

Any thoughts?

No, I don't know what that might be. It's always difficult to fix a problem that can't be duplicated so I can't even suggest a way to test it..

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

I sell books.

Somehow I got the Advanced Search results to display the below fields.

However - Publisher (Manufacturer) is missing.

And everything at binding and below is missing data or it is inaccurate.

I know i probably need to connect those fields to the database. I just need some basic leads as to where those boxes are coming from and and where to connect the data.

For example, Binding has been added to the database. Directly, and not through the admin panel. Say as Pruduct_Binding. It is not a normal OSC 'attribute'. How would I get the code to interact and search Product_Binding. Or any other database field, for that matter.

I'm not a programmer, though have done extensive mods to my 2.2rca site.

For a clue as to what i mean, you can do a search at millpondshoppe.com

Categories: Include Subcategories pixel_trans.gif Authors: pixel_trans.gif Price From: Price To: pixel_trans.gif Date From: Date To: Binding Size Edition Year Location Weight Illustrator Jacket Condition Condition Keywords Catalogs

• 9 months later...

Hello!

I want to express gratitude to the author of a script!

It is the excellent module solving a problem with search in oscommerce. At osc isn't present and was never normal search.

And you made such search!

I had to remake strongly your script, to add a lot of things.

Now your module can look for also in news, certificates, documentation, history of vendors.

Besides, I made that search looked for in the guest book, messages which are similar to request.

Your code very convenient, also allows to make search in any place of mySQL, for any site on osc.

If not you, I never would make to myself normal search in all site.

With very big respect!

• 1 month later...

I'm using this addon and it works perfectly, it's greatly improved the user experience on our site - thanks.

We have a folder where we store manuals for the equipment we sell, is it possible to add this folder to the list to be searched? I'm guessing it would be a change to the fileList section, but am not 100% on how to implement it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• 5 months later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added some security checks to the form.

- Added a name field to the form.

- Changed format of the sent email to make it easier to reply to.

- Converted to work with 2.3.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the addon.

About the table that if user could not find the product meet the criterial. There is a submit button there, I can find the related code at product_listing.php file.

<INPUT type="submit" name="request_submit" value="Submit">

how do I modify the button style?

the one I used for other buttons coding like

echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART, 'cart', tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now'));

sorry i am not good at php or css, only good at copy and paste....

thanks

Lyn

Hi Jack,

Spend an hour google the related articles, and found the right one eventually that can help me to change the submit button image. Please ignore my previous post. Thank you.

For those who may have the same question I have, can refer to

bignosebird dot com slash docs slash h41 dot shtml

thanks

Lyn

Edited by ce7

The code on that page won't do what you want because there aren't any images for the buttons in 2.3. Though if you create one, it will work. Instead, try this: In includes/modules/product_listing.php, find

'<tr><td height="5"></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center" class="productListing-data"><INPUT type="submit" name="request_submit" value="Submit"></td></tr>' .

and replace it with

'<td><span style="float: right;">' . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_SUBMIT, 'Submit', null, 'primary') . '</span></td><tr>' .

You will also need to add the following to the English.php file

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_SUBMIT','Submit');

I haven't tested this but I think it will work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 9 months later...

Hi Jack

Thank you for all your great and useful add ons

I had Site Search plus installed on my 2.2Rc2a site which worked perfectly and have now tried it in my new 2.3.3.4 store running on PHP 5.4 This is version 1.3 8th July 2013

It works fine but throws shed loads of these errors at the top of the page

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in ****\includes\functions\site_search.php on line 30

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in ****\includes\functions\site_search.php on line 34

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in ****\includes\functions\site_search.php on line 35

Thanks

Martin

Edited by mhsuffolk

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.