• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Check out process

micheleangle

If you don't need zones, keep it off. It complicates things.

I don't know about the "on and off" performance. It sounds like a problem with the shipping service. If you are using an external service (UPS, USPS, FedEx) those are dependant on the service. If their servers are slow, the estimator will fail. The same is true of the checkout shipping calculation.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thanks! Will it interefere if I keep the test.php file on? After playing around with the shipping estimator early this a.m., it appeared to work when a person clicked on the product info page. It doesn't work on the shopping_cart.php page - which says, "What's In My Cart?" Perhaps it's not supposed to? Should I take the button off the shopping cart page? If yes, would that be the catalog/includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php? And/or the catalog/shopping_cart.php? I still haven't caught on to all this.

Jim, I appreciate your assistance and expertise - and thank you very much! michele

There are actually two shipping estimators: One works on the Shopping Cart and the other on the Product Info page. The Product Info estimator only uses the current product, so it's dealing with only one shipping module. The Cart estimator works on everything in the cart, so it may be using multiple shipping modules. Try both with only one product in the cart, and test that product with the Product Info version. They should both work the same. If not, you may have errors in your shopping_cart.php.

The test file is useful for testing the estimators. It's not harmful in any way. Get rid of it when you're satisfied that everything is working correctly.

The button under the shopping cart and the one in the sidebar call the same module, so you only need one of them. Your choice.

Regards

Jim

Hey, Jim - Thought I'd share my Friday, the 13th good news - so far so good, anyway! Both the shopping and the product estimators are working!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I probably should explain what I did in case others out there wish to install and have the same problem. Dumb, dumb me decided to compare the shopping_cart.php file (the new one with the shipping estimator addon) with the one I was using. They were very similar, so I decided to overwrite the one I had, and bingo - that was it. Even though I had followed directions by copying and pasting in my original file - apparently, there was something that was different. I didn't know if I should have done something with the other file - shop/includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php???

Happy Valentine's Day - and again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :D Michele

Glad to hear you got this working. Catalog/includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php is the box in the side column with the shipping estimator button. Remove it if you're not using that feature, and remove the link to it in the sidebar if you have one.

Regards

Jim