• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Zone Question

tehrabbit

Hi,

I am sure that this has been asked before however I can not seem to find it in the forums so please excuse me if I am reposting a topic.

Having said that, what I am attempting to do is set up a shipping zone to include only the 48 contiguous states. What we are attempting to do is offer free shipping to our customers but it is entirely too expensive to offer that to Alaska and Hawaii. Therefore I need to exclude those two states from the offer. Is this possible to do in OSC? If so how do I go about doing it?

What I have tried:

I have already gone in and attempted to create a new zone. However when I submit that new zone it limits me to approximately 6 or 7 states and that is approximately 41-42 states shy of what I need it to be.

PLEASE HELP!!! WE ARE LOOKING TO OFFER FREE SHIPPING WITHIN A WEEK AND I HAVE TO HAVE THIS FIXED BY THEN OR IT WILL BE MY A** IS THE SLING!! (I am personally not a fan of slings :-p )

Thanks in advance,

Josh

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I am sure that this has been asked before however I can not seem to find it in the forums so please excuse me if I am reposting a topic.

Having said that, what I am attempting to do is set up a shipping zone to include only the 48 contiguous states. What we are attempting to do is offer free shipping to our customers but it is entirely too expensive to offer that to Alaska and Hawaii. Therefore I need to exclude those two states from the offer. Is this possible to do in OSC? If so how do I go about doing it?

Josh, have you tried this contribution? I just installed it and it works great.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,3404/page,3

• 1 month later...
Josh, have you tried this contribution? I just installed it and it works great.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,3404/page,3

Well, this looks like a great solution for non-48 US but after running the SQL I cannot see what to do next via admin.

I can install the zone rates module, and set it up for any country and see this at checkout, but not sure hot to get it to "talk" to the results of the SQL from the add-on.

Any help appreciated.

Go to your modules >> delivery admin screens and for each shipping method associate the zone that it is valid for.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 1 month later...

Josh,

Did you find a solution?

Hi,

What I have tried:

I have already gone in and attempted to create a new zone. However when I submit that new zone it limits me to approximately 6 or 7 states and that is approximately 41-42 states shy of what I need it to be.

PLEASE HELP!!! WE ARE LOOKING TO OFFER FREE SHIPPING WITHIN A WEEK AND I HAVE TO HAVE THIS FIXED BY THEN OR IT WILL BE MY A** IS THE SLING!! (I am personally not a fan of slings :-p )

Thanks in advance,

Josh