• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Buy a "hamper" of 10 products

andymacaulay

Hi - I have a client Frederica Cards who makes cards, wrapping paper and gift tags. The OSC side of the site is a basic store for her wholesale customers. The link I've given is to a small custom application for retail customers to buy a box of 10 greeting cards. There is a fixed price for the box and the client can choose 10 cards from the range of 120.

I would really like to fit this into OSCommerce rather than maintaining 2 systems. I have searched several times through the contributions, the forum and the web.

Does anyone know of an existing contribution that will do this? The bundle contributions I've looked at don't fit the model of exactly 10 items for a fixed price.

Am I going to end up writing this myself? Any thoughts on how it should be structured if I do? My initial thought is that the box of cards would need to exist as a product, but before checking out the customer would need to configure it, choosing the cards that go in. There are many (?some) stores selling Christmas hampers that operate slightly like this, allowing you to fill them with goods within some bounding parameters.

Thanks.

Andrew Macaulay-Brook, BEng MBCS CITP

• 6 months later...

Anyone?

Hi - I have a client Frederica Cards who makes cards, wrapping paper and gift tags. The OSC side of the site is a basic store for her wholesale customers. The link I've given is to a small custom application for retail customers to buy a box of 10 greeting cards. There is a fixed price for the box and the client can choose 10 cards from the range of 120.

I would really like to fit this into OSCommerce rather than maintaining 2 systems. I have searched several times through the contributions, the forum and the web.

Does anyone know of an existing contribution that will do this? The bundle contributions I've looked at don't fit the model of exactly 10 items for a fixed price.

Am I going to end up writing this myself? Any thoughts on how it should be structured if I do? My initial thought is that the box of cards would need to exist as a product, but before checking out the customer would need to configure it, choosing the cards that go in. There are many (?some) stores selling Christmas hampers that operate slightly like this, allowing you to fill them with goods within some bounding parameters.

Thanks.

Andrew Macaulay-Brook, BEng MBCS CITP

Not an exact fit, but you can use my Quantity Discounts contribution to get fixed discounts on 10, 20, 30, etc.

Contributions: Better Together and Quantity Discounts for osCommerce 2.3.x and Phoenix. See my profile for more details.