• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Not receiving all orders

The problem I'm having is this..... when an order is processed and paid through PayPal, sometimes I receive an email and sometimes I don't. I receive an "Order Process" email on some orders but not all. When I go to admin, the orders are there and show they were paid through PayPal. or money order etc.. I receive notifications from Paypal that I received the payment. I can't see a difference in the type of order or product that would make some emails be sent to me and others not sent to me. Can anyone give me an suggestion what to look for or why my cart sends some orders to my email and not others?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Paul

I am also having this problem what module are you using? I am using the module "PayPal"

I use the PayPal Website Payments Standard. I have a PayPal business account that I've had for about 3 years. But the problem isn't with the PayPal module, I don't think.... but I'm not sure.... It may have something to do with it if they aren't being returned to the site. But I would think they are being returned because I have the orders in the admin. I just don't get the emails on all of them... only on some of them.

Paul

Here is what I am guessing due to what has happened in my test runs so far. The checkout_success.php page is the one that generates the order confirmation email. If Auto Return is "OFF" and they do not click on the link to go back to the website you will not get the email. If they do click the link you get it. If Auto Return is "ON" and they are an existing customer, you get the email. If they are a new Paypal customer the Auto Return feature is overridden and they have to manually click the link to return.

Edited by bjhampe

emails are sent thru Paypal IPN on order status update.

Are order status updates happening if yes then chek mail related code and the setting of your hosting company that might filter emails.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 2 weeks later...
emails are sent thru Paypal IPN on order status update.

Are order status updates happening if yes then chek mail related code and the setting of your hosting company that might filter emails.

Satish

Satish (or anybody),

I see PayPal IPN connect to the correct ipn.php url, but it does not always update the status to Pending. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

Any ideas?

update the status to Pending : or update the status to Processing.

Well there are some checks done by IPN code to disalow hacks from updating order.

example: order amount and IPN amount and compared.

SO if YOU can put some file write code and analyse YOU will get the idea as to why IPN code is not reaching the switch code of complete and updating.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.