Sign in to follow this  
kislany

Please provide an amount and click Update Totals.

I'm a newbie here, and I'm learning to set up my first shop using osCommerce. I'm using a template, so that's what I installed originally, and so far the basics are good. I'm a bit stumped though because I logged on as a customer, to test it all out, and I got to the checkout stage (I only take Paypal at the moment), so basically when I click on Continue and land to the Paypal site, instead of having the total amount at the top of the login page, I have something that says: 'Please provide an amount and click Update Totals.', and below that 'Unit price' - where I can enter a number, quantity amount (which is 1, although I have two things in my shopping cart), and a Total amount. Only after I enter a number in the Unit Price, it allows me to logon to Paypal to make the payment.

I'm stumped as when I am selling through my blog using the Paypal button, I don't get this. I see at the top the actual amount, and I can login to pay.

Anyone would be willing to help me as to whay that 'Please provide an amount and click Update Totals.' is there, anywhere I can fix that, so I can proceed with the next stage (where I'll have tons of questions again, I'm sure).

Thanks,

kislany

I have the same problem, but I've tried everything suggested in the above solution and I still have the same problem, nothing is getting transferred to PayPal properly. My default currency is CA (Canadian) and I have in catalog/includes/languages/english.php set to:

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'CA');

and in Admin - My Store I have

Switch To Default Language Currency = true

What else am I missing? Please help!!