• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to set up shipping zones?

panda6855

Hi, I'm new here so I hope I got the right section for my question...

I'd really appreciate advice on how to set up my shop (I only have 7 products so far) so that I can sell any product (or multiple products) at one price then add different shipping according to where in the world the buyer lives. I can make do with minimum of, say, 4 shipping zones - (1) USA & Asia, (2) UK/Europe, (3) Australia & South Pacific, and (4) All Others. So that means, say, product A sells for $25, then when checking out the buyer will need to choose what part of the world they are in, then check out with shipping added for their zone. So then their product A which is $25, might add $1.5 for shipping to USA, $3 to UK, $5 to Australia, or $6 to India or to Vladivostok. I think you get the picture. The shipping amount to each zone needs to be different for each product due to weight/size.

If there's a way to do this I'd really appreciate any help with configuring it.

Many thanks.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Zones are added from the Admin under Location/Taxes then Tax Zones.

You create the zone as needed. For example name the zone USA Shipping, then click insert. Click the newly created USA Shipping Folder and add the location (USA) and the states that you want to ship to.

Then, when you configure your shipping modules, such as flat rate......you would choose the USA Shipping Zone for that rate. Remember you can create multiple flat rate shipping and table rate files by duplicating and renaming the files.

Chris

• 1 year later...

There is a zones contribution that you can edit to set up x zones, you decide how many you want, this involves changing the code in 1 place that is clearly marked.

There is also an add on that for a rest of the world zone. e.g. those that are not already used are a default rate.

Looks for the zones delivery module.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Or try How To Set Up 5 Delivery Zones

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Geoffrey, I was thinking of replicating table rate.... and adding countries where I want to ship in a world zone... then placing that under the replicated table rate...

I found some steps in replicated the table rate php's by replacing the names but I get a sql error.. stating that the name I create does not exist in configuration " select ... configurationg...etc"

How do I fix that problem?

Follow the all the steps more closely, sorry not to be more helpfull but I'm off to bed.

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

• 1 year later...

Zones are added from the Admin under Location/Taxes then Tax Zones.

You create the zone as needed. For example name the zone USA Shipping, then click insert. Click the newly created USA Shipping Folder and add the location (USA) and the states that you want to ship to.

Then, when you configure your shipping modules, such as flat rate......you would choose the USA Shipping Zone for that rate. Remember you can create multiple flat rate shipping and table rate files by duplicating and renaming the files.

Chris

How to create multiple flat rate shipping?The module is installed, and have just one option to edit.Their name cannot be replaced.I can change only this:

Enable Item Shipping

Do you want to offer per item rate shipping?

True

False

Shipping Cost

The shipping cost will be multiplied by the number of items in an order that uses this shipping method.

Handling Fee

Handling fee for this shipping method.

Tax Class

Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.

Shipping Zone

If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping method for that zone.

Sort Order

Sort order of display.