• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Attributes Sorter, Copier with Weight etc.

Ajeh

Attributes Sorter and Copier v5.1 with Weight is presently on my website while testing and updating.

This addes in the Weight +/- feature per attribute per individual product.

This is handy for products with various attributes that Add or Delete weight from the product. Especially useful on products that are either a download or a shipped version of software or a book, etc.

It also has added a Product Listing feature for multiple submits to the cart. If the product has attribtues, you get the Buy Now button, if there are no attributes then you get a QTY box.

Enter in all the QTYS on the items you want to buy and hit one Add to Cart button.

Thanks to Jeff for helping get me going in the right direction for the Multiple QTY boxes.

Let me know if you have trouble with the Add-On, preferrably on this thread.

I was going to say if you have the version ID for some of the key files it is not a horribly bad downgrade to make ... just kinda icky ... :D

So if needed, if could be done ... how hard can it be? :shock:

But, if you are planning on going to the new snapshot when the Milestone is release, either this will work as is or I will be upgrading it then.

You deserve a whole load of medals :D

I would say this is an essential part of a good shopping cart program, thank you so much.

:oops: I hate to ask when you have given so much already but will it work with your Quantity controller V5.1 ? (which is also essential)

Best wishes

Steve

You will need to figure out how to merge the two together.

Basically all the code in categories.php is replaced by new code.

The main handling of the weight is in /catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

Using Beyond Compare you should be able to see the differences.

Keep in mind this is a snapshot from 01-12-2003 and Quantity Controller is much older than that by a few weeks so be careful on new functions recently introduced.

I sort of forgot something in the code ... :shock:

In the Admin on the products_attributes.php for the initial insert of an attribute, I forgot to add the weight in there.

The Edit has it but not the Insert at the bottom.

This is not a horrible thing, as you can add these on the product page. But it was an oversight.

I will have that out in the next release. :D

I looks great Linda, I now have attribute 5.1, quantity 5.1 and center shop installed, pulled my hair on a few of the merges cause you put some of the same functions in different places in the 2 contributiosn, but looking great :o>

I hope they make your contributions part of the base, then all the on offs could be in the admin panel instead of the code.

Thanks for the great contributions

Theo :D

Share your knowlege and you learn even more !

• 2 weeks later...

Before I get started, will this work with Ian's Loaded 4? Or should I go with a new snapshot? I'll be trying it on a new site instead of my existing one.

Debbie

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

• 3 months later...

Hi Linda,

I've been searching most of the day for a mod so that I can add weight to product attributes to a product.

I've come across this contribution and also noted the new one "enhanced" you are working on.

Just want to make sure this version will work with the snapshop version 4/5/2003.

Really all I need, is the ability to add weight to product attributes only, nothing fancy, so I don't want to build Shea Stadium just to sell a hotdog, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for any help or other suggestions!

Hi Linda,

I've been searching most of the day for a mod so that I can add weight to product attributes to a product.

I've come across this contribution and also noted the new one "enhanced" you are working on.

Just want to make sure this version will work with the snapshop version 4/5/2003.

Really all I need, is the ability to add weight to product attributes only, nothing fancy, so I don't want to build Shea Stadium just to sell a hotdog, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for any help or other suggestions!

This is based on 03-24-2003 and as soon as it is out, I will take it to the current snapshot.

You should not have any problems with it being only a week's difference.

Feel free to give it a whirl and test it out ... :D

Hi Linda, I'm not understanding the sort order.

I have a product with two options:

Manifold Cover

- Select

- Manifold Cover ($289.95)

Fuel Rail Covers

- Select

- 97-98 Fuel Rail Covers

- 99-03 Fuel Rail Covers

By default, i want "Select" to be the default item listed in each of the options. I go in to edit the product, i see the "Active Attributes" for this product, and I give sort order (for Fuel Rail Covers):

(1 in Select, 2 for 97..., 3 for 99...)

I've tried setting all three to 1, all three to 0, and as 1 2 3, but it's not sorting in the drop box. Can you stear me in the right direction?

You will like the new SEC version, wade.

The attributes could be marked:

Select - Display Only - sort order 5

97-98 Fuel Rail Covers - sort order 10

99-03 Fuel Rail Covers - sort order 20

Note: I usually number by 10s and make my display onlys 5 for easier changes later.

If these are common attributes to products, you could then copy them from one product to another or one product to a category of products.