Sign in to follow this  
rhubarb

Redemption of Gift Vouchers sent by email

How should the redemption of gift vouchers work when they are sent using 'Mail Gift Voucher' in admin? The customer receives an email with a redemption link, clicking on the link opens the login page and once logged in the customer is transferred to the redemption page, but what should happen then? Should the voucher appear in the Gift Voucher Release Queue in admin?

I see that when a GV is redeemed then a checkbox appears in checkout payment which allows the customer to use the amount in their GV account. In checkout confirmation the GV amount appears below the total but is not subtracted from the sub-total, will that be because Queue Purchases is enabled in admin?

Also when the order is placed nothing appears in the Gift Voucher Release Queue.

I found that the tickbox didn't always show depending on sequence of events, the variable $use_credit_string was somehow being cleared so I updated line 119 in the order total class with:

$use_credit_string .= $GLOBALS[$class]->use_credit_amount();

I realise that the gift voucher module sort order needs to be before the order total for the gift voucher value to be subtracted.

My remaining issue is the Gift Voucher Release Queue, how is that supposed to work?