• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QTPRO help

Mickeyfin

I've installed QTPRO which is working great and also decided to show stock levels for all items(Configuration>Product Listing>Display Product Quantity).

My problem is I don't want to show summary stock levels for the products that are already taken care of by QTPRO if this is possible?

For example:

If I have a one off BELT with no sizes or colours with 1 in stock, I want 1 to show for the stock level.

Alternatively if I sell trousers and have 2 in blue, 2 in red and 2 in green. I want it to just show 2,2,2 like it does at the moment. I want to remove the total of 6 though just for QTPRO items but keep the 1 for the BELT.

Hope this makes sense.

Mick

I've installed QTPRO which is working great and also decided to show stock levels for all items(Configuration>Product Listing>Display Product Quantity).

My problem is I don't want to show summary stock levels for the products that are already taken care of by QTPRO if this is possible?

For example:

If I have a one off BELT with no sizes or colours with 1 in stock, I want 1 to show for the stock level.

Alternatively if I sell trousers and have 2 in blue, 2 in red and 2 in green. I want it to just show 2,2,2 like it does at the moment. I want to remove the total of 6 though just for QTPRO items but keep the 1 for the BELT.

Hope this makes sense.

Mick

Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding this please?

For example:

Hope this makes sense.

Mick

To test if a product has stock controlled attributes, just look it up on the products_stock table. If there's a row for the product, then it is.

For your requirement, you need to find the places the system is showing the summary level value (index.php for categories, not sure whether the product page does or doesn't as my installation is heavily mod'd). Then, in general terms, you need a <?php if (!fn_product_has_attributes($product_id)) {display the summary} ?> sort of coding fragment.

The fn_product_has_attributes function is pretty simple. Given a product id it would just need to lookup the products_stock table with the products_id. If there's nothing on it, then there are no attributes OR the product attributes are not stock controlled. If there are rows there, then the product has attributes that are under stock control by QTPro.

OSC User Definitions

"I can add modules to OSC" = I can search, cut and paste. But not well, or I wouldn't be here.

"I start my posting with 'works like a charm' = I'm letting you down gently, nothing works and I have no idea why

"I finish postings with "plzzzz....hlp" = My installation is buggered and I know I'm going to have to pay someone, but I really, really don't want to.

I just installed but for some reason I am missing the "product listing" and "Prod Info" under "configuration in the admin area, what am i missing?

thanks!

Check your /admin/includes/boxes/configuration.php file.

It sounds like you've missed a quote or something in there. This file is where the listings for your left_column options go, one for each subheading of the left column.

OSC User Definitions

"I can add modules to OSC" = I can search, cut and paste. But not well, or I wouldn't be here.

"I start my posting with 'works like a charm' = I'm letting you down gently, nothing works and I have no idea why

"I finish postings with "plzzzz....hlp" = My installation is buggered and I know I'm going to have to pay someone, but I really, really don't want to.