• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Product Builder

TENCENTS

mmm seems my builder doesn't want to add to cart in singles mode.

When i click Add To Cart I get a message saying Your Cart is Empty.

Check to see if your session Id is changing when you click add to cart. Normally empty when session id changes.

I could not understand how peoples dependencies screen was not working apart from maybe some installation error. My dependecies screen is just fine. I haven't actually tested the dependency feature yet but i will be getting to it as i have over 35 different contributions installed and testing it all out now

Hi everyone,

I've installed this great contribution and it's working great except I don't really understand the dependencies. When I setup the dependencies for centrain products it does save the settings but how can I check whether it works and what will it do in the catalog? It seems that I can't figure that out. I thought by setting these dependencies it is going to exclude the non selected products in the list or just message warning of some kind.

Probably I'm using it wrong. Who can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks guys.

Kind regards,

Siu

Sorry... Internet was a bit weird. Therefore I'd posted it three times by accident.

Additional info.

I'm building a computer webshop. So anyone had the same problem or solution on the dependencies?

My dependencies screen is almost good but it seems it's a bit off set because the outer left column is pushing the checkboxes to the right a bit. Can that be solved as well?

Capture.JPG

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Shoedt

Never mind.

It was totally me.

I figured it out after a while.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Sorry... Internet was a bit weird. Therefore I'd posted it three times by accident.

Additional info.

I'm building a computer webshop. So anyone had the same problem or solution on the dependencies?

My dependencies screen is almost good but it seems it's a bit off set because the outer left column is pushing the checkboxes to the right a bit. Can that be solved as well?

Capture.JPG

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

The problem with the off set view isn't solved yet. I think the problem is because of the length of the productnames. Shorter names is no problem. No solution yet though.

But how depedencies work I've figured out. If you enable depedencies and in categories assign the productgroup then it should be okay. Next you need to go to dependencies to check the boxes which you want to show for each Master product.

i.e.

Mainboards Socket 775 only fits Socket 775 CPU's

But you have also Socket 1156 and Socket 1366. These you don't want to show in the selection list.

So you go to Categories screen which you select a category dependency for your builder category CPU. This is Mainboard. Than update and after that click on product button on the same row. Now you'll see what you can select to see for which product.

So it's a bit the other way around since you used to work from top to bottom. But if you select builder category mainboard and then select category depedency CPU. Then you won't see the list change if you select in your shop. But you do see this is changed if you begin at CPU. Only if you don't use forced top to bottom. otherwise this list can't be shown of course and you'll never figure out what has chenged. :-)

Sorry for my bad Englsih. I'm Dutch. :-)

Shoedt,

What was the problem? Mine is almost the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

yet another dependancies problem....

The page selection ot the bottom of the dependancies page isn't working so I'm stuck on page 1. The maximum lines per page also doesn't work.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Edited by pctekcomponents

• 1 month later...

Has anyone any idea how to fix the problem with the dependancies table not advancing pages?

I'm stuck on page 1 showing 1 to 10 of 49 products.

Would even help if it just displayed all of them.

There are 2 areas of code in dependancies.php that i've looked at but i'm no programmer so i don't know what to change..

1st code snippet...

158 // LINES PER PAGE

159 $row_bypage_array = array(array());

160 for ($i = 10; $i <=100 ; $i=$i+15) {

161 $row_bypage_array[] = array('id' => $i,'text' => $i);

162 }

163 ($row_by_page) ? define('MAX_DISPLAY_ROW_BY_PAGE' , $row_by_page ) : $row_by_page = $cpb_matrix_edit_default_lines_per_page; define('MAX_DISPLAY_ROW_BY_PAGE' , $cpb_matrix_edit_default_lines_per_page );

2nd Code snippet...

382 // CONTROL MAXIMUM LINES PER PAGE

383 $split_page = $page;

384 if ($split_page > 1) $rows = $split_page * MAX_DISPLAY_ROW_BY_PAGE - MAX_DISPLAY_ROW_BY_PAGE;

Any help would be appreciated

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen this question come up in the forum, but it's possible I missed it:

Is it possible to make it so the customer can type in a number for a component quantity instead of picking it from a pop-up menu?

We're creating a site to build/sell custom cable assemblies. The three main components are two connectors and a custom length cable (like a custom ethernet cable). The customer in a normal conversation can order a cable using connector ABC at one end, connector XYZ at the other end, and exactly 14.375 inches of MNO cable between those connectors, for instance.

So, picking the ABC and XYZ connectors using this add-on is no problem (although I probably need to hide the connector quantities because there will be only one of each, but not a big deal). Picking the cable is no problem, and I can set the price of the cable as the price per inch, so the pop-up menu to select the "quantity" of the cable would work as long as the customer doesn't need a totally custom length like 14.375.

So, how could I set up or modify this add-on so the customer can enter a completely custom cable length/quantity?

Hi,

I´m happy with this contribution but I have an issue when I maked some test. After I add some "bundles" to the cart shop, I found an error just in the front end. This error can dissapears if I delete my test from table Products. I think that file builder_main.php is the problem but I´m not sure.

This is the message:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select products_quantity, products_status from products where products_id =

[TEP STOP]

I don´t know how to resolve, please can you help me.

Regards.

• 4 weeks later...

having a problem with IE, on builder_main.php when i add items the subtotal does not add up and it does not let me add to cart.. I get an error: sum is null or not an object and sum.value is null or not an object. Everything works fine in firefox and safari though. Any one know whats wrong?

having a problem with IE, on builder_main.php when i add items the subtotal does not add up and it does not let me add to cart.. I get an error: sum is null or not an object and sum.value is null or not an object. Everything works fine in firefox and safari though. Any one know whats wrong?

Problem resolved, had a rouge </form> that was excluding the <input type=hidden name="sum">. Once removed it began working in IE.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This contribution works fine except any product with apostrophes in the title is not selectable. Aparently this was fixed, anyone know how? The only code I can see that looks relevant is here:

// CLEANUP THE DESCRIPTION AND CUT TO SIZE
     $temp_description = str_replace("\r", "", $aount['products_description']);
     $temp_description = str_replace("\n", "", $temp_description);
     $temp_description = strip_tags(addslashes($temp_description));

I am guessing these lines should take out the apostrophe. But it does not work and Im not sure how to fix it. Any ideas?

• 9 months later...

Hi all,

I am trying to install this module in oscommerce-2.3.1, is this possible?, I've manage to follow the installation instructions except for step 9:

STEP 9. Edit /catalog/includes/column_left.php

----------------------------------------------

## FIND: (line 25)

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'whats_new.php');

## REPLACE WITH:

// Custom Product Builder

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 12) != 'builder_main') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'builder.php');

}

that file which no longer exists. I am quite new to oscommerce but it seems that in version 2.3.1 the left column is built in a different way with the use of boxes. Could someone point me to how to "adapt" that module to current version 2.3.1.

Also, in the admin panel, I don't see the builder 'Custom Products' icon, it seems again that the left column in the admin panel in versino 2.3.1 is built differently than in version 2.2 and that the build.php file that is included in Step 2:

STEP 2. Edit /catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php

----------------------------------------------------

## FIND: (line 13)

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'configuration.php');

## REPLACE WITH:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'builder.php');

has a different structure to the other 'boxes' files.

Any help much appreciatted.

Thanks

Angel

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

I am trying to install this module in oscommerce-2.3.1, is this possible?, I've manage to follow the installation instructions except for step 9:

STEP 9. Edit /catalog/includes/column_left.php

----------------------------------------------

## FIND: (line 25)

## REPLACE WITH:

// Custom Product Builder

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 12) != 'builder_main') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'builder.php');

}

that file which no longer exists. I am quite new to oscommerce but it seems that in version 2.3.1 the left column is built in a different way with the use of boxes. Could someone point me to how to "adapt" that module to current version 2.3.1.

Also, in the admin panel, I don't see the builder 'Custom Products' icon, it seems again that the left column in the admin panel in versino 2.3.1 is built differently than in version 2.2 and that the build.php file that is included in Step 2:

STEP 2. Edit /catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php

----------------------------------------------------

## FIND: (line 13)

## REPLACE WITH:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'builder.php');

has a different structure to the other 'boxes' files.

Any help much appreciatted.

Thanks

Angel

In case it's still useful to you I wanted to mention that I converted this addon for OSC 2.3

You can find it here... http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9005

• 3 weeks later...