• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Product Builder

TENCENTS

problaby you copy&paste in a wrong location.

if ()

{ ------------------; }

else

{ CPB }

This is may code:

// CPB infobox on index only
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
} else {
if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
} else {
// Custom Product Builder
 if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 12) != 'builder_main') {
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'builder.php');
 }

Try to copy the following code above the categories code and try:

// Custom Product Builder
 if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 12) != 'builder_main') {
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'builder.php');
 }

TENCENTS,

I need help.

Instaled CPB + SPPC (Separate price per customer).

The problem is after finishing the build and click "Add to Cart".

The product is added but the is no description of the options selected in the shoping_cart.php page (Atributes+options)

I modified to this in includes/modules/builder_add_attribute.php

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " values (NULL, '" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$options_id . "', '" . (int)$values_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($value_price) . "', '" . tep_db_input($price_prefix) . "', '" . (int)$products_options_sort_order . "', '@')");

This is right,

the problem is in includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

SPPC modify it too much. And the description fail.

If I use the standard archive without modifications it works.

It worked Perfectly for me. I just wish I could get rid of the Yellow Triangle and the Click Here.

The secret is phpMyAdmin.

select the builder_categories table on the left and click the browse tab at the top of the main window.

click insert new row at the bottom of the main window and in the new window under the value column enter your new information. I just followed the same format of the other 3 categories. Below is an example of the information that you will enter.

Field 	                      	Type		Function	Null	[b]Value[/b]
cpb_category_id 	       	int(11) 		  	        [b]40[/b]
cpb_depends_category_id 	int(11) 		  	        [b]30[/b]
cpb_category_name 	       	varchar(32) 		  		[b]Component 4[/b]    <--- Edit category name here
cpb_category_image 	       	varchar(32) 		  		[b]component4.gif[/b]
osc_category_id 	      	int(11) 		  	        [b]33[/b]

Click the Go button and your new row should now show up in the table.

You can now return to the the osCommerce admin and your new category will be listed in the Custom Products > Categories section.

Has anyone figured out a way to get the thumbnails in the build menu to show as larger pictures on mouseover?

Id like this to happen only in the CPB, not anywhere else on the site

Edited by Toorqs

Could i trouble you for a bit more spesific instructions? im not to good with this stuff yet..

I did find more info on expando and know how to set it up, but i dont know which of the builder files to actually modify.

In one hand there is also a popup imagen when clicking on info button. (popup_image.php)

For the mouseover images I suggest you to search diferent solutions here.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/category?search=popup+image

For you question, the list with images is in product_builder.php

<input type="hidden" name="select1" onchange="calc_subtotal(mainform);calc_total(mainform);" size="4" multiple style="width=330">
         <tr onClick="oFrame.style.display='none'">
           <td width="50%" class="builder_heading" align="left"><?php if (($cpb_build_one_product) && (!$cpb_build_product_details_ontop)) {echo '  ' . TEXT_BUILD_DETAILS;} ?></td>

and bottom:

<script language="JavaScript">
     mainform.elements["qty["+<?php echo $key;?>+"]"].selectedIndex = '<?php echo $qty-1;?>';
     add_product('<?php echo $component_note[$key];?>','<?php echo $InsertImage[$key];?>','<?php echo $InsertName[$key];?>','<?php echo $InsertDescription[$key];?>','<?php echo $iprice;?>','<?php echo $InsertProducts[$key];?>',<?php echo $key;?>);
</script>

The problem with image expando is that you will need 2 images for each product.

Need some little help

Something up with my site - not sure why

On my local server it works when clicking on the info button next to component selection - it opens new window for product info e.g. http://localhost/shop/builder_component_info.php?products_id=52&osCsid=

On my live server it opens new window with same type of link but I'm then redirected to my index page

Some stage it used to function correct

Any suggestions would be help full

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

Need some little help

Something up with my site - not sure why

On my local server it works when clicking on the info button next to component selection - it opens new window for product info e.g. http://localhost/shop/builder_component_info.php?products_id=52&osCsid=

On my live server it opens new window with same type of link but I'm then redirected to my index page

Some stage it used to function correct

Any suggestions would be help full

My shop is heavily modified, but making the following changes corrects the code

window.open ("<?php echo FILENAME_BUILDER_COMPONENT_INFO; ?>?products_id="+recid[row]+"&osCsid=<?php echo $osCsid;?>",'',

and changed to

window.open ("<?php echo FILENAME_BUILDER_COMPONENT_INFO; ?>?products_id="+recid[row],'',

So my link shows up as

http://localhost/shop/builder_component_info.php?products_id=52

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a way to hide empty categories?

Some of my dependencies are such that if the user selects one option, then there is nothing to select in the second.

Is there a way to hide the second one, based on the users selection in the first?

Eg.

Option 1. Keyboard/Mouse

---> a. Keyboard Only

---> b. Mouse Only

---> c. Both

---> d. Not required

Option 2. Keyboard Selection

---> a. Wireless

---> a. BlueTooth

---> a. Corded

Obviously Option 2 will be empty if Option 1 is set to either "Mouse Only" or "Not Required" and so I want to hide it in these cases.

If it is not possible to hide it, can I make it default to a particular selection (I.e. an item set up as "N/A" at a cost of $0.00)

Help

Hello. I am needing some help please.

Does anyone know or can anyone think of a way that the custom product builder could be set up so the products could be specified from another source, instead of the user having to select them.

Any help would be amazing

Cheers

Henry

Hello,

I already have a working Product builder, however, I want to add some more categories to the builder. The problem is that there is no add button under the add new category. I hit enter and nothing is added. I hit update and still nothing is added. Any help would be greatly Appreciated.

Mark Burkhardt

Need help with using builder with sts templates

The builder loads the page weird in some templates that comes with sts templates e.g. freeosc_060

Is there some work around for this or is template just too small?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same trouble. When i go to builder_main.php it is completely messing up my STS Template.

I've been messing around with the template but to no avail.

you can see the effecy here.....

http://pctekcomponents.co.uk/catalog/builder_main.php

Edited by pctekcomponents

• 1 month later...

Ok, I fixed the problem of the Product Info button redirecting to index.php when clicked...

Find this piece of code at the end of the /catalog/includes/modules/builder_main.php around line 333

//----------------- Show Description ---------------

function show_desc(row){

row++;

if (recid[row])

window.open ("<?php echo FILENAME_BUILDER_COMPONENT_INFO; ?>?products_id="+recid[row]+"&osCsid=<?php echo $osCsid;?>",'','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=600,height=600,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,left=150');return(false);

}

change it to....

//----------------- Show Description ---------------

function show_desc(row){

row++;

if (recid[row])

window.open ("<?php echo FILENAME_BUILDER_COMPONENT_INFO; ?>?products_id="+recid[row],'','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=600,height=600,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,left=150');return(false);

}

This worked for me. I'm no coder so i don't know why but hey a fix is a fix.

Hope this helps anyone who is still using this contrib.

Edited by pctekcomponents

• 3 weeks later...

Is TENCENTS still work on this contribution?

Hes done a great job with it. He said he was going to add attributes to this and from all the testing in the past i have found this is not compatible with Ultimate SEO URL.

If anyone has gotten this working with SEO URLs please give insight how you did it so i can do it on my site.

Any help is much appreciated.

Just another quick tip when using this contrib...

The product selection drop down doesn't allow you to select products with the " symbol in the name. You need to substitute it with two ' symbols.

Just noticed this when i was trying to select Hard Drives or Monitors during testing.

It caused some major issues on my Hosts server by pushing my website's server CPU usage over 20% which resulted in it being taken offline for 10 minutes or so.

Is TENCENTS still work on this contribution?

Hes done a great job with it. He said he was going to add attributes to this and from all the testing in the past i have found this is not compatible with Ultimate SEO URL.

If anyone has gotten this working with SEO URLs please give insight how you did it so i can do it on my site.

Any help is much appreciated.

I have SEO URLS enabled on my site and it seems to be working ok

I have SEO URLS enabled on my site and it seems to be working ok

Which SEO URL contribution did you use? Any chance you can send me the modified files of both contribs so i can compare with mine and see whats happened with me please?

Sorry I took so long to respond..

What Ultimate SEO version do you have installed?

I'm using Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-5 and although the builder isn't activated on my site as yet, every time I've tested it everything appears to be ok.

Thanks for your reply. Just re-installed the contribution and now it seems to working fine. Just had to disable "Output W3C valid URLs (parameter stirngs)” in SEO URL configuration. By some miracle it started working last night at 1:34am!!

i am using Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-10

Thank you again for showing a fix for the info button. I was just reading through the post for a fix. Have not tried it as yet but i will try it in a few minutes.

Thank you

Is anyone using this contribution with Separate Pricing Per Customer?

I don't know how to configure this to work with Custom Product Builder. Seperate pricing shows different prices for all products everywhere but when choosing products in Custom Product Builder the prices are the normal retail prices. How do i configure it to show the prices based on group please?