• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Product Builder

TENCENTS

Does anyone know what the secret is for adding a new category? In the Categories section of Admin is says "Add new category" but nothing changes when I update. I also tried "Rename category" as well and that doesn't change anything either.

there is component 1 - 5 in the dropdown image selection which seemed to indicate that you could have more than 3 categories.

Other than that everything seems to be pretty straight forward and working well.

Thanks.

Add

extract($_POST);

to beginning of builder categories.php

OR disable register_globals on your server php config

OR

replace all POST variables names with $_POST['var_name'] (this is the best way ;-) )

• 1 month later...

Doesn't work in sarafi

First and foremost, this is an awesome contrib!

And without it the project I am currently working on would have been way beyond my programming ability, so thank you for putting in the hard yards!!!

Just one small thing.

It is installed and runs fine from a windows computer using Internet Explorer.

It also works fine from a mac using Firefox.

But bugger me if I can get it to work using safari on the mac.

The problem is that when I select the first component, the total is $0.00 and no matter how many other components I add, remove, change qtys, refresh the browser and try again, empty the cache, restart the browser, restart the computer.... etc the total is always $0.00. The really really big problem is that if the total is zero (or less than 0.001 to be precise) the code is such that it throws an alert that states "please select some components" and will not allow me to add the item to the basket.

I have had a really good poke around under the hood and as far as I can tell, this problem is coming from the Java code in modules/builder_main.php, probably somewhere around the calculate subtotals or calculate sum sections. I am not very proficient in Java so I don't want to poke around too much at the risk of breaking it (I know, I know, it is backed up, so I can't really break it permanently).

What I did manage to do was comment out the code that throws the alert. Doing this didn't fix the total calculation problem, but it did let me add the item to the cart and the price in the cart was correct, so it really seems related to how the total is calculated for display only and does not affect how the total is calculated in creating the part when you add it to the cart.

So I have been googling like a mofo to try and find why Java would work in Firefox and IE but not safari and so far I have come up with nothing! Java itself is working, it is just this one little part of the code that it is skipping.

And for those of you who are thinking, who uses macs anyway... that this is only going to affect a small portion of the internet using public, my target market is young professionals with an interest in style and fashion and these days plenty of them use macs. You know, to match their new iPhone and be cooler than the guy in the next cubical. Besides, I don't want to give any of my potential customers a reason to shop elsewhere, so.....

Anyone know what I can do to make it this very awesome contrib work for everyone?

• 4 weeks later...

Builder seems to work fine, using it for a while now.

However when a customer makes a purchase the List of products is displayed without product quantities - catalog and admin orders

Is there a way to correct this

Thanks for help

:o

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

Add

extract($_POST);

to beginning of builder categories.php

OR disable register_globals on your server php config

OR

replace all POST variables names with $_POST['var_name'] (this is the best way ;-) )

Thanks for that tip, surely fixed a few :)

Builder seems to work fine, using it for a while now.

However when a customer makes a purchase the List of products is displayed without product quantities - catalog and admin orders

Is there a way to correct this

Thanks for help

:o

Sorry, found it - wrong builder_add_attribute.php :thumbsup:

Hello, and thanks for such a great contribution.

I have just 2 questions:

-How to make it language friendly? In the Admin builder_options I can only enter for one language... filling in the boxes on the English side sets all in English in the other languages in admin and trying to change the others does the same thing, thus the customer can only see the builder in one language.

-As I have at least 200 components is there a way to either have the total shown on top instead of a customer who only needs 4 or 5 items to search desperately the end of the components list, or, even better have components "appear" successively as the customer chooses one, then another so that they do not see an endless stream of Component1, Component2, Component....?

Thanks in advance for your hekp.

Mandy

• 1 month later...

Im starting to figure out this app, and it looks like just what i need. Im planning to offer custom bicycles with apx 20 selectable components.

I have run into some problems however i cant figure out.

1: i cant seem to add categories, do i need to do this in phpmyadmin? Nothing happens when i click update..

2: I get the products to show in the first category of the builder, but i cant click it, nothing happens. probably done something wrong, but have triple checked the codes in the install text. I installed into a lightly modified site.

3: The dependencies screen is messed up error.jpg

Help greatly apreciated :)

Edited by Toorqs

Hi,

I too am installing and modifying Custom Product Builder, so I'm hoping we can help each other.

I couldn't add categories, but after reading this thread from top to bottom, what you need to do is add the categories in phpmyadmin. Add a new row by clicking on the "insert" tab across the top and adding in "component 4", "component 5" etc.

I'm not totally sure what you mean by

2: I get the products to show in the first category of the builder, but i cant click it, nothing happens. probably done something wrong, but have triple checked the codes in the install text. I installed into a lightly modified site.

Have you installed Enable & Disable Categories as suggested in this thread? My red and green buttons seem to have a mind of their own so am going to do a bit a research to find out why!

Hope that helps

Ali

Ill try to exlplain better :)

When i click the first category in the builder, the products in the folder i have chosen pops up with prices and thumbnails. The only thing it lets me click on however is "Deselect current item", none of the actual products thats in the list.. I have tried every option i can think of.

Hmmm, I only thing I can think of is to check the coding in the builder files - which isn't very helpful I expect! I have recently discovered Winmerge - free to download and I can't believe I thought I didn't need it. The only thing I can suggest is to check the files again against the files you downloaded. My files do work, so there must be hope!

Managed to get my enable and disable categories working. Think it had something to do with one of the options on the builder - allow builder to adjust stock etc. But all appears to be working now.

You should probably check the options on the admin side of the builder, the builder settings. Check settings for "Allow 'no-stock' Products" and "Allow 'disabled' Products". That might be not allowing you to click on the products?

You should probably check the options on the admin side of the builder, the builder settings. Check settings for "Allow 'no-stock' Products" and "Allow 'disabled' Products". That might be not allowing you to click on the products?

Ill check the files again, must have done something wrong. I doubt its in the options at this point.

Please Please Please,

If anyone have any idea why i cant click on the products, please let me know..

I have set up the custom builder with 25 product categories now, but when i click on the top category, it lists the products as it should, but all i can click is "deselect product"

Help%21.jpg

I went over the installation text again, and cant find anything wrong with it. Do anyone have any clue what php file this error must be in?

from inspect:

helpsummore.jpg

Edited by Toorqs

New questions arise:

Pricing

Is there any way i can give a flat % discount on the assembled product? I want to be able to change the price of the the build without having to manually edit 2-300 products..

You could do a discount coupon. Put it up on the main build page to give people who buy a discount, although I don't know of a way to only limit it to just the custom build.

Slight problem here. I've installed this but for some apparent reason I am not seeing the builder infobox, only the what's new infobox is appearing in the left column. This occurs whether the builder is enabled or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Slight problem here. I've installed this but for some apparent reason I am not seeing the builder infobox, only the what's new infobox is appearing in the left column. This occurs whether the builder is enabled or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I would check that you have

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 12) != 'builder_main') {
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'builder.php');
}

in column_left.php

I would check that you have

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 12) != 'builder_main') {
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'builder.php');
}

in column_left.php

Thanks for your reply. The funny part is that is the first thing that I check and it is there. That is what thru me off. I followed the directions to the T. :(

Hmmm, and you are getting no errors?

I can only suggest checking filenames.php, check the builder box is in includes/boxes folder. And I can help (maybe!) by saying that my box appears fine, so maybe check your code again?

Did you use Winmerge?

Sorry I can't be more help

No errors at all everything went well. The builder box is in includes/boxes folder. I did use a merge software but not winmerge. I will check everything again. If worse comes to worse I will revert to my backup and do it again.

Thanks for all your help!

In the options try:

Enable Builder : Yes

I did that and that's how I realized that something is not working right. Whether the builder is enabled or not, I only get the what's next box on my left column.