• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Product Builder

TENCENTS

I'm replying to all the posts leading up to this one.

So basically what we're looking at then is a custom product creator which ties/integrates into this builder. Allowing customers to define their own products with uploadable/configurable attributes and then using those products in the builder to assemble them (in the right order, etc...). And obviously affording the customer some sort of privacy at the same time, ie. the ability to hide 'their' products from other visitors, and a bunch of things I haven't mentioned.

Well, anything's possible. Give me a big stick and enough time and I'll change the world.

What I was proposing is a way that what ever anyone wanted to do, they could write the code and hook into the builder.

I was not specifically addressing the the requirement but a general overview.

Nor was I specifically putting the responsibility on you, Mike.

From the responses it looks like I did not communicate sufficiently to get the concept accross.

once I have it running on my machine I will share the code and you can decide it you want it part of the builder.

:D

Sorry my mistake. What is actually happening is i am losing the session id and whenever i press "Build Product" it creates a new session id and thats why my contents from the cart are being removed. I think it might have something to do with Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1d UPDATED - 07-11-2008 (just a wild guess). Will test on this further tommorrow. Can you think of something as to why the session id might be getting refreshed?

Appreciate all your help.

Edit: I am still running latest xampp, rc2a and register globals is off.

I was worried about SEO contribs before I fixed the 'return to index page' issue, but not anymore - I wouldn't rule SEO out though.

If you've done a print preview you'll probably notice that it'll also generate a new osCsid.

Try these changes:

WARNING!! (to other members) - DO NOT APPLY THESE CHANGES UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING TO FIX EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM - If your builder is working perfectly then these changes will break that.

##### Edit /catalog/includes/modules/builder_main.php

## FIND:

var urltemp="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_BUILDER, 'action=add_products');?>";

## REPLACE WITH:

var urltemp="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_BUILDER, 'action=add_products','NONSSL',false);?>";

## FIND:

form.action="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_BUILDER_PRINT_PREVIEW);?>";

## REPLACE WITH:

form.action="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_BUILDER_PRINT_PREVIEW, '', 'NONSSL',false);?>";

## FIND:

form.action="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_BUILDER);?>";

## REPLACE WITH:

form.action="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_BUILDER, '', 'NONSSL',false);?>";

##### Edit /catalog/builder_main.php

## FIND:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_BUILDER_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_id));

## REPLACE WITH:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_BUILDER_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_id, 'NONSSL', false));

## FIND: (NB: If you haven't installed 1.1.0 yet then remove this from the following lines: , enctype="multipart/form-data" )

<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('mainform', tep_href_link(FILENAME_BUILDER, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_products'), 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"');?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

## REPLACE WITH:

<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('mainform', tep_href_link(FILENAME_BUILDER, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'), 'NONSSL', false) . 'action=add_products'), 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"');?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

## Done!

I've blanket-bombed it. Please make sure you've got a backup.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

What I was proposing is a way that what ever anyone wanted to do, they could write the code and hook into the builder.

I was not specifically addressing the the requirement but a general overview.

Nor was I specifically putting the responsibility on you, Mike.

From the responses it looks like I did not communicate sufficiently to get the concept accross.

once I have it running on my machine I will share the code and you can decide it you want it part of the builder.

:D

Excellent, thank you.

Hi,

My problem is when you choose the products, does not display the total price at the bottom of builder_main.php and not running "add to cart" or "print" (error: "Please add some components first")

My Osco is: 2.2 MS2

Hosting: http://www.siteground.com/

Base de Datos: MySQL 5.0.45-community-log

Servidor HTTP: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.4mm

Version PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

tank!!

Edited by cofran

I was worried about SEO contribs before I fixed the 'return to index page' issue, but not anymore - I wouldn't rule SEO out though.

If you've done a print preview you'll probably notice that it'll also generate a new osCsid.

Sorry but after these changes the result is still the same. Also i noticed before changes were made i could still click on "print preview" and the cart would still have items in it and after the changes same story.

Before changes my url looked like the following after clicking on "build product"

/catalog/builder_product_info.php?products_id=28&osCsid=826a30df0e8975f07627236972b887de

After changes it looks like this:

/catalog/builder_product_info.php?products_id=29

But once i click on "Add to cart" in the builder product info screen the url goes back to normal showing the sessionid in end.

Luckily i have many different backups of my site from every change i make so i will install this before ultimate seo and see if the result is the same or not. That will rule out SEO then.

Sorry but after these changes the result is still the same. Also i noticed before changes were made i could still click on "print preview" and the cart would still have items in it and after the changes same story.

Before changes my url looked like the following after clicking on "build product"

/catalog/builder_product_info.php?products_id=28&osCsid=826a30df0e8975f07627236972b887de

After changes it looks like this:

/catalog/builder_product_info.php?products_id=29

But once i click on "Add to cart" in the builder product info screen the url goes back to normal showing the sessionid in end.

Luckily i have many different backups of my site from every change i make so i will install this before ultimate seo and see if the result is the same or not. That will rule out SEO then.

After 5+ hrs of testing and over 20+ of installations i have come to the conclusion that there is a conflict with SEO URL. Without having SEO URL installed the contribution works just fine. But after having SEO URL installed the same problem occurs. Even after the changes you have provided. For some reason when you click on Build Product and it goes to the builder_product_info.php it changes the session id. I appreciate your time in helping me out.

i have come to the conclusion that there is a conflict with SEO URL

Hi,

I hesitate to contradict you as I likely cannot assist you. I don't recall having to change anything major when we installed Mike's custom products add-on, so that it would work with Chemo's Ultimate URLs add-on.

However, both add-ons work fine together for us. At the moment it is only on a demo site, and only tested by us, but so far the testing has been fine.

Really, I am just writing to let you know that the two add-ons do work together.

Regards,

JF

Hi,

My problem is when you choose the products, does not display the total price at the bottom of builder_main.php and not running "add to cart" or "print" (error: "Please add some components first")

I thought I'd nailed this one good and solid but it seems that using anything other than a comma for the thousands separator stops the builder from totalling up. I'll be back.

I have posted a small upgrade in the downloads - version 1.1.1. (upgrade/fixes)

This is an urgent update as it addresses some issues with the builder not totalling up which was caused by incorrect handling the decimal point and decimal places.

Also, prioritization of stripping and rebuilding currency formats now allows the thousands point separator and decimal point separator to be identical.

Included with the upgrade is a consolidation of all the forum-posted-fixes (here) since version 1.1.0 was released (SEO URLs issue excluded).

Hi again,

I had a go at fixing my issue regarding the attribute sort order contribution but I can't seem to get the 2 to work together. When I click to build my product the custom PC is added to the catalog but not the shopping cart and i get the error regarding database entry. I thought that the below code would need to be put into your code somewhere but I don't know where.

insert into products_attributes values (NULL, '110', '28', '192', '0', '+', '', '', '', '')

Any help would be great.

Lee

check the colums in your table and make sure the insert matches the number of columns and the postion. 

Hi bjfreeman,

The error that I get shows that it is not adding enough columns so I realise that I need to put the code with the added "","","","" into the builder code somewhere, my problem is I don't know which PHP file controls how the columns are added to the database. I just need to find the insert code and then I can add the extra columns to be inserted.

I hope this makes sense.

Lee

Just been checking in to see the progress on this one. Its pretty stinkin AWESOME but still waiting for some certain features to be added before i impliment it.

The one thing that is holding me back from installing is that the built producs can stay there on teh website for all to see (unless the customer hides them) but i was wondering if there was a way to automatically hide all products built by a customer.

Like i said, i wanted to make this contribution work for building a calender of a customer's photo shoot. So the customer would have a product builder in their photo shoot category and then would be able to choose ALL of the images from their photo shoot for which ever month they want, then add that calender to their cart and check out.. HOWEVER, it also seems that you can ONLY have one builder per store. This would not work for me because i would need to put ALL IMAGES in my store under the builder and some of those images are password protected from other viewers because they were of a private event... So a different builder for each category would be needed..

If this doesnt make ANY sense to you, visit my website and see if you can see what i am trying to do with it:

My Website

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

For anyone who had the same problem with the attribute sort order as me I've just found the resolution.

In builder_add_attribute.php change

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " values (NULL, '" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$options_id . "', '" . (int)$values_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($value_price) . "', '" . tep_db_input($price_prefix) . "')");

to

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " values (NULL, '" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$options_id . "', '" . (int)$values_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($value_price) . "', '" . tep_db_input($price_prefix) . "', '" . (int)$products_options_sort_order . "', '" . (int)$sort_order . "', '" . (int)$attribute_sort . "', '" . (int)$options_values_weight . "')");

It just adds the write amount of columns to the database entry.

Thankyou, ga'night, much love.

• 2 weeks later...
If this doesnt make ANY sense to you, visit my website and see if you can see what i am trying to do with it:

My Website

Lindsay,

Im looking for a contribution or a way which can help us to design the content page like This one

The available options design... I saw you are almost near to that in your site Here

What is the attribute you used on that page?

And anyone else know what's the contribution helped directlocks to design that available options like that..

Thanks alot in advance.

Lindsay,

Im looking for a contribution or a way which can help us to design the content page like This one

The available options design... I saw you are almost near to that in your site Here

What is the attribute you used on that page?

And anyone else know what's the contribution helped directlocks to design that available options like that..

Thanks alot in advance.

This post is WAY off topic and should be its OWN post.

either way, that site oyu linked to (not mine) just formatted the way that the attributes show and added Attribute Option Type to make them radio instead of drop down menus. I, however, just used Attribute QTY contribution to add a QTY box next to my attributes.

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year Everyone

I can confirm now after EXTENSIVE testing that this contribution is not compatible with Ultimate SEO URLs v2.6 - 13-12-2008 as i re-installed my whole site again from scratch and tested contribution by contribution and the only time it does not work is with Ultimate SEO URLs v2.6 - 13-12-2008.

Great work on the contribution though and hopefully soon this problem will also be resolved.

Thanks

Edited by CGhoST

Hi,

I spent all last night, and the best part of tonight reading through all the post from t what this cont. took over, and all 8 pages of this thread, just so I could see what I was up against if I decided to install. I nevously decided to install the contribution (because it sounds and looks absolutely perfect for my computer shop). So tonight I set about making absolutely sure (about 4 times) that everything was backed up. I took the plunge, and with a spare 5/6 hours set aside, decided to get cracking. I can't believe I had it all installed/intergrated within 5 minutes, and setup working as I need within half an hour.

I'm extremely impressed. I've come over from being a Zen Cart user for quite some time now. I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I don't think I'll be going back to ZC though, and it's contributions like this that make osC what it is; quite literally the right e-commerce solution for ANYBODY. TENCENTS, give yourself a well earned pat on the back, you've done a cracking job, thanks very, very much.

Cheers

Baloo

I've got 2 problems with this

1. I can't add or rename category from admin menu (I've to add manually via phpmyadmin...)

2. I can't set all dependencies ;/ It's not switching pages with checkboxes (I can see only first page of 4)

I can't also get more rows per page (only standard 70)

What I've to do?

it's oscommerce 2.2RC2a + seo urls, header tags + some other stuff that really doesn't matter

• 2 weeks later...

First let me say thank you for such an awesome contribution. It's fantastic from what I have access to so far - nicely laid-out and fairly easy to understand. I do have some issues, however, and I was hoping for any kind of help.

I was referred to this contribution by Lindsay in response to a question about the Attribute Quantity contribution.

---

PHP 4.4.5

register_globals = Off

Installed on a modified V2.2 RC2a

Installed mods;

- Attribute Quantity Manager

- AJAX Attribute Manager

* It's possible something was installed for SEO URLs. I wasn't the one who created the original build of the store and thus am kind of coming in half-way through development. I'm sure you could tell if I do based on how the site operates, but if not is there somewhere I could go/check in the installation or the files to see what modules/contributions I have installed? I have a feeling one of these might be causing my issue(s).

---

I installed it and I stupidly did a whole bunch of visual modification before I even tested the most important part - the checkout process. In short, I cant get it to work.

Here is my/our testing store - JP Fine Foods.

You'll notice I modified the visual aspects of it and a few settings on the backend, but nothing substantial has been changed.

The main issue is that after selecting a few categories and clicking the "Add to Cart" option it simply redirects back to "builder_main.php/action/add_products" and does nothing (other than clear all the fields page back to being empty). I assume this might be a redirection problem that could be solved if I found out how to make it direct to the proper location, but I have no idea where to start.

(!) For anyone who's willing to help, I have it in a kind of "debug mode" where if you "View Source" and scroll to the bottom it will list all the $_POST variables. I assume this may be be essential in determining the problem.

I have one other issue that's a bit harder to show, but on the backend admin panel, I cannot use any of the options under "Builder Category Maintenance". I cannot Add, Delete, or Rename anything. Entering values in any of the fields and clicking Update (or Enter) just reloads the page with no changes saved. Changing the dropdowns for the three default "Components" saves with no issue - but anything extra (even changing names of existing ones) does nothing. Any ideas?

---

If anyone has any ideas for proposed fixes or any other information you'd need, please reply - it's essential I get this thing working. Lol. And thank you for anyone willing to help.

EDIT : I should also note that I did read all 8 pages of this thread so-far and wasn't able to find any kind of solution yet. >_<

Thanks,

Edited by Ageman20XX

Huh, odd that I can't edit my previous post...

Anyway, I forgot to mention that this doesn't seem to work at all on Safari. Clicking on any of the "Click Here"s should bring up the item selection window, but instead it just brings up a blank white box. Is this a known-issue or do I have something installed incorrectly? :S

Good for you getting this thing installed!!!

On the other note, the one you chose is the NEWEST of all of the builders and still has some bugs to work out..

Sorry i cant really help you, I do not know this addon because I have never used it. I was still waiting for it to be more robust as a calender builder.. but until then, it doesnt work for me.

In the mean time, you might want to consider contacting TENENT. I know they he said he is very busy, but I have found that if you offer some money to help "support" the addon, you can get things done more quickly. I mean, you cant really expect someone to create an addon just because you need it NOW, but you can expect that if you are paying them. personally, i have already paid for a couple of contributions.. Even though everyone else can use them for free, i paid for it because i NEEDED it now, and the person who built it gave me a discount if i allowed him to post it as a community contribution.. You MIGHT have the same success with this one..

Otherwise, you should just spend an hour reading through the 8 pages of posts.. Just consider yourself lucky that its only 8 pages