• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Product Builder

TENCENTS

Hi everyone,

I've just found a strange thing about the cart button that return to index.

I could not use the contribution because of the return to index issue after pushing the Ad to cart buton. (using Firefox)

After, I tried with IE6.0 that gives me the results in the cart. I thought I found wher to find the mistake: but I never could reproduce it.

I've got it to reproduce it on Firefox:

After disabling Java within Firefox (Tools / Modules Menu), restarting Firefox, I could get the cart filling from the builder.

If I discard the cart then retry a new build, the return to index comes back: I have to close firefox then restart it to get the filled cart from the builder.

I hope this will help.

In fact, if you disable Java then the builder will load but it will not show any component categories and you will see a 'Loading - please wait' message (forever).

Still using Firefox, I reproduced your 'Loading - please wait' message (forever)' when I named a component with a '.

Like with have in french in the Operanting System translating: Système d'exploitation. Just deleting the ' symbol from the component name, (still restarting all firefox, of course) make disappear the 'Loading - please wait' message (forever). and get your fully working cpb.

Another thing I resolve (for me):

I could not select any product for my "monitors" popup component selection because I used the " symbol in place of the inchs text.

Hi,

Just installed on V2.2 RC2 (PHP 5 - MySQL 5).

It seems I have same problem ... I can build the product on builder_main.php but when I click on "Build Product", I go back to catalog index page and the product is not added to any category ... I wish I could get this addon working, the demo looks great ! :)

As I have many mods in my shop, I will try again to install it on a fresh new install of RC2.

I am still unable to choose ANYTHING from the dropdown menu. I have the newest version of firefox and basically what is happening now (on your test store) is that I click the down arrow, it says "loading" and then the product list shows up, and I can hover over them and the color changes on hover, but i can not CHOOSE any of them.

Then, if i click outside the box to make it close, i am unable to get that same product box the open again.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Sorry for the Newbie Question...I placed the files from the zip to the appropriate parent folders. And nothing is showing up in my admin box. I have been staring at code for the last 2 days and probably making a mistake due to fatigue. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, besides working on this issue for the last 2 hours and tired. Sorry for the weak reply...any suggestions besides walking away from the computer?

i havent opened the instruction files yet, but my assumption would be that there is a readme that has some snippets of code that needs to be added.. like in the categories.php files

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I noticed a strange thing:

The builder is fully working only when the link to the builder, on your index, has the osCid infos in the link (is that session id ?)

for example, when your mouse is over the link to the builder:

catalog/builder_main.php won't work --> Return to index

catalog/builder_main.php?osCsid=645f382713b2d176ad58c13103165db6 will work --> get in cart

As I don't plan to let my customer build machines with this contribution, only by me, it is not a problem for me.

Edited by chewb

The builder is fully working only when the link to the builder, on your index, has the osCid infos in the link (is that session id ?)

catalog/builder_main.php?osCsid=645f382713b2d176ad58c13103165db6 will work --> get in cart

As I don't plan to let my customer build machines with this contribution, only by me, it is not a problem for me.

Well spotted! :) I'll second that.

Just tested it myself, and it's the same for me!

If I have the osCsid then I can preview and go to the cart.

Mat

After playing around with the Java settings in IE and FF I can safely say that the 'return to index page' issue is not related to this. In fact, if you disable Java then the builder will load but it will not show any component categories and you will see a 'Loading - please wait' message (forever).

The saga continues - the information Mat has provided proves that the builder does not even attempt to re-enter itself after clicking the 'build' button - it just heads straight for the index page. Grrrr!!! :angry:

Hi Mike,

Have you managed to take a look at the code to determine the cause of this issue?

Now it's been determined that if you have an OSCID it works but without it doesn't I was hoping it might have helped solve the issue?

Also any luck with the currency/pricing issue too? You said you didn't like the code and were going to rewrite it...

Not nagging/pushing etc, just would hate to see a great contribution die due to not being able to get it working.... :)

Cheers

Mat

Finally, I searched and found myself how to integrate the links to the components in the component list, when the build is done (single build mode). Here is how the modifications if somenone is interested:

Please, should the author of the contribution validate my code because i am far far far away from a programmer.

In the file catalog/builder_product_info.php

LINE 169

FIND :

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

EDIT: I don't know what happens with the 'wrap in code tags' but you should read the code in one line (remove returns)

REPLACE WITH:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pov.catalog_products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

EDIT: I don't know what happens with the 'wrap in code tags' but you should read the code in one line (remove returns)

LINE 173

FIND

$component_id = $products_options['products_options_values_id'];

REPLACE WITH:

$component_id = $products_options['products_options_values_id'];
	  $componentcat_id = $products_options['catalog_products_id'];

LINE 178

FIND

<td class="main"><?php echo $component_name; ?></td>

REPLACE WITH:

<td class="main"><a href='<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $componentcat_id, 'NONSSL', true, false); ?>' onclick="java script:window.open(this.href,'poupupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,re
sizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=600,height=600,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,
l
eft=150');return(false);"><?php echo $component_name; ?></a></td>

EDIT: I don't know what happens with the 'wrap in code tags' but you should read 'javascript' in one word and 'left' too (remove returns)

Edited by chewb

This seems like exactly what I was looking for! However a small suggestion: Can you add a field for image upload aswell?

What I'm trying to do is to create custom items, allowing the customers to upload their pictures aswell on the design. For the design, I can add that as products and make it selectable, but for the photo's, I would typically need to ask them to email the picture or find another way. Having this integreated would be really useful! Great contribution you got here!

Well, I imagined to add images when your mouse is over the link, but there is a fact:

I am not a programmer: I even don't understand bjfreeman's post ...

But anyone that would understand a little bit more php/sql could easily do it.

I'ill try to see ...

Finally, I searched and found myself how to integrate the links to the components in the component list, when the build is done (single build mode). Here is how the modifications if somenone is interested:

Please, should the author of the contribution validate my code because i am far far far away from a programmer.

Nice, sorry I wasn't around to help. Looks okay to me - it works!

The last edit was a bit confusing - until I understood what you were trying to say in the (repeated) EDIT:... message about tags and java-script.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

Hi Mike,

Have you managed to take a look at the code to determine the cause of this issue?

Now it's been determined that if you have an OSCID it works but without it doesn't I was hoping it might have helped solve the issue?

Also any luck with the currency/pricing issue too? You said you didn't like the code and were going to rewrite it...

Not nagging/pushing etc, just would hate to see a great contribution die due to not being able to get it working.... :)

Cheers

Mat

Hey Mat, yeah I think you guys might be onto something here. Just getting back into it now. Pricing issues will be sorted out soon - I started on it when we last chatted but haven't done anything since.

Hey Mat, yeah I think you guys might be onto something here. Just getting back into it now. Pricing issues will be sorted out soon - I started on it when we last chatted but haven't done anything since.

Cool,

Looking forward to it!

Cheers

Mat

This seems like exactly what I was looking for! However a small suggestion: Can you add a field for image upload aswell?

What I'm trying to do is to create custom items, allowing the customers to upload their pictures aswell on the design. For the design, I can add that as products and make it selectable, but for the photo's, I would typically need to ask them to email the picture or find another way. Having this integreated would be really useful! Great contribution you got here!

Thanks advoor. This feature has been requested by a few and will be available soon.

Cool, I've managed to duplicate this too. But I'm just wondering how osC would lose the session id like that. It falls over nicely when you go direct to the builder, i.e. <yoursite>/builder_main.php (there is no osCid) and it goes back to index. But then if you click the 'product builder' link from the index page it should have an osCid and it should work fine. I'm going to take it as that and make it work regardless of osCid - that should fix it.

I would imagine then that contributions that hide the osCid or modify the URL (for SEO) would cause problems with the builder.

Time out error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /admin/builder_options.php on line 767

Should clarify I have 5000 + products on a shared server.

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

PHP PHP Version 5.2.6 (Zend: 2.2.0)

MSQL MySQL 5.0.45

Linux 2.6.22.10

I believe will be solved by indexing.

will let you know