• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Product Builder

TENCENTS

I noticed this too. It's not serious - the category you are choosing is being saved peoperly, it's just not being reloaded and displayed correctly (you're probably running RC2a). Here is the fix for this:

##### Edit /catalog/admin/builder_options.php

## FIND:

<?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cpb_build_osccat', tep_get_category_tree(0, '', '0', '', false));?>

## REPLACE WITH:

<?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cpb_build_osccat', tep_get_category_tree(0, '', '0', '', false), $cpb_build_osccat);?>

##### Done!

Yep, that was it.

Thanks

David

Is it possible to define multiple customizable products to build? Im not following how to do this.

Also once a customer adds there build to the cart I dont want it item to be added to my products. Can they build just be disgarded?

Thanks again

David

hey.. i tried it again, this time on my work computer which is a PC running IE7.. I added images to EVERY "month" and then clicked BUILD PRODUCT and was reverted back to the index page. I DID NOT choose a "set up fee" is this why it did that?? if not, a warning would be better saying "you didnt choose one part of the build" orsomething like that.. This way i wouldnt loose the entire thing i just did..

I clicked the WHATS NEW box, and my calender was not there, however there were others that were there.. Is there a way to NOT have them show in the whats new? Does is literally create a NEW PRODUCT every time someone builds a custom calender? If so, is there a way to regularly clear that part of the DB so you dont get overrun with useless products?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I got a little excited about this contribution, as the CCC 9.3 almost, almost did what i needed, but is such a pain. And there's no support.

I just need to be clear about this one before going too far.

Since this was based on custom computers, i assumed it was the right fit for me. Am i to understand that there is no true dependant dropdowns? If I have small mini-box chassis, my user will only be able to fit certain boards in it. The mainboard dropdown needs to reflect this. And only certain processors work with specific boards, so the processor dropdown needs to reflect that restriction.

Is there a way to have this mod do such a thing?

CCC 9.3 kinda sorta did this, but I had to make 100s of builds on the backend to support it and it was based on the chassis the customer started with. THEN, i had to do the same thing all over again so they could pick a board first...

Help?

I never miss...

OK,

I've now had a really good play with this, and think I've got myself a bit of a bug list. (Please don't take this as a complaint, just constructive discussion! :rolleyes: )

For the record, this is running on RC2a using IE7 (Mostly, though have checked with Firefox, IE6 and Chrome)

Some modifications to the store, but mostly just appearance, the general way it works is the same.

Some of this will be repetition, but I thought I'd get everything I've found together. Plus some may just be me not expecting it to work as it does...

Mods Include..

More Pics 6

Auto Thumbnailer

Graphical Borders

Header Tags for Novices

Flash Rotator

Who's Online 3.4

Google Sitemaps

Google Analyitics

Hide Categories

And a couple of others, but like I said, most don't really affect the core way OS Commerce Works.

Plus changed Stylesheet for making the colours right for the shop.

So Bugs..

1. Prices Incorrect. - Have tried changing every setting in the shop for the currency settings, but I find that anything that is prices as £5.00 is displayed as £500. All other parts of the shop work correctly, the correct amount is sent to PayPal for example, so I'm guessing the shop is setup correctly.

2. Can't add the created item to the cart. I select something for each of the selections, and click "add To Cart" and I get taken straight to the Index page in the catalog folder. I check the Category and nothings in there, and nothings in the cart. I've tried this as a guest, and as a Registered Customer, neither way works. I get the same result if I disable "Preview build before going to Cart". I've checked the items in the database and nothing's there either.

3. The preview button in not working properly? I get a basic screen, just black and white, no images etc, is this correct. Not a massive issue as I can probably tweak this to my own look anyway.

4. Are the yellow triangles supposed to be there when there is no selection made? I've tried adding an image in "Image Filename" when setting up the categories but this doesn't change. Also tried the option "Display category Images instead of Text Labels" with no success. Should they be changeable, or is this a misunderstanding on my part?

5. The pop-up box where you select the component does not show any images, just the Title / Description. Is this correct? I've looked for an option to turn them on, but I can't see one. Again, probably me missing something...

6. Because I'm using products that are disabled, the Info Button is not working properly. It shows the product_info page with 0 value and no description/title. Again not a biggie, will probably create a custom page for this based on the original that will show the details of any product, disabled or not.

I Guess that's enough to be going on with! :thumbsup:

If I could just get the product into the shopping cart, then I think I could probably fix everything else myself...

Cheers

Mat

Hi,

I thought I might add a couple of cents worth as I've messed around with this incredible contribution as well.

- Not a programmer, but am familiar with php & osc.

- Have in the neighborhood of 6 to 7 dozen highly modified add-ons.

- Presently using xampp in a personal environment (not production).

- 2.2ms2 core (php 4+ & mysql 4+)

There are so, so many options that I've not tested nearly all. I'm prompted to write now because of the issues being mentioned already, which I have experienced none of.

Note: The install was relatively painless, what little discomfort there was, was due to the heavy modifications already in my application.

Before installing I tried out the demo sites, which Mike has provided (page 1, post 3). There I too was sent to the index page when attempting to add a one component build. When I added all available components - went to the cart as designed. On my install I'm not having this issue (with or without using the: Enforce 'top-to-bottom' Priority Building option).

5. The pop-up box where you select the component does not show any images
There is a "Display component Image" option in the pop up section.

6. Because I'm using products that are disabled
There is an "Allow 'disabled' Products option in the Available Component Choices section.

Couple of experiences:

If products quantity is not being used in osc, you have to use the correct option setting in cpb's options or nothing will show in the pop up.

If you have any changes to your attributes (i.e. attribute weight) you will have to alter the includes/modules/builder_add_attribute.php file to reflect your changes.

To sum up, using a heavily modified 2.2ms2, I've not yet come across anything that's not working properly. I am modifying to suit, and will be continually testing. When I am sure of something, I will share it here.

I am most grateful for this piece of versatile work Mike. Thank you for your efforts.

Regards,

JF

P.S. Passes through to Google Checkout properly.

- 2.2ms2 core (php 4+ & mysql 4+)

Could my issues be with PHP 5?

Just a thought....

Glad to see you've go it running, gives me hope! :) (I really want to get this working!!)

5. The pop-up box where you select the component does not show any images

There is a "Display component Image" option in the pop up section.

Yes... Found that, lets me select items fine, it's just the info button, the page it brings up is empty, not a biggie I reckon I can fix that...

the following url occurs on the address:

http://www.qgame.org/catalog/admin/FILENAM...ted_box=builder

and it returned blank.

That you have FILENAME_BUILDER_CATEGORIES in the admin url indicates that you did not properly do step 4 of the install instructions. When you do your url will work, and show: http://www.qgame.org/catalog/admin/builder...ted_box=builder instead.

How do i switch between single and bundled modes?
There is an option in the Custom Products admin area to switch between single & bundled modes.

Is it possible to define multiple customizable products to build? Im not following how to do this.

Also once a customer adds there build to the cart I dont want it item to be added to my products. Can they build just be disgarded?

Thanks again

David

The builder is only designed to build one type of product, as per your admin settings. Multiple build definitions/templates will be available as this contrib evolves. It'll be an exciting addition to this, but it's not gonna happen really soon.

To disable the build after the customer has added to cart you'll need to set the builder option 'Disable build after going to cart' to 'Yes' (third option up from the bottom). If the customer removes a build from the cart by mistake then they'll have to build another.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

hey.. i tried it again, this time on my work computer which is a PC running IE7.. I added images to EVERY "month" and then clicked BUILD PRODUCT and was reverted back to the index page. I DID NOT choose a "set up fee" is this why it did that?? if not, a warning would be better saying "you didnt choose one part of the build" orsomething like that.. This way i wouldnt loose the entire thing i just did..

I clicked the WHATS NEW box, and my calender was not there, however there were others that were there.. Is there a way to NOT have them show in the whats new? Does is literally create a NEW PRODUCT every time someone builds a custom calender? If so, is there a way to regularly clear that part of the DB so you dont get overrun with useless products?

Still very strange this is. I have not been able to duplicate this 'redirect back to the index page' - I've only seen it live once and I have no idea what is causing it. I've tried with a multitude of setups; PHP4/5 MYSQL4/5 IE6/FF3 localhost/LAN(intranet)/live - just can't seem to get it to fall over. Admittedly something did come out of testing it on MYSQL5 but these were minor 'legality' issues as opposed to bugs. I will publish these as soon as I've finished testing thoroughly on 5.

As for not choosing a setup fee, I doubt that this is the problem. In development testing I built thousands of builds, partial and complete, with all sorts of combinations. The only thing I did notice with the calendar setup (on the demo site) is that if you choose, say, Jan and Feb and then a Setup Fee, then when you hit 'Build Product' the Setup Fee becomes the March choice - this is a bug, albeit minor.

To confirm, the builder does create a new product. If you want to hide these away then I would suggest installing a 'HIDE / UNHIDE CATEGORIES' contribution. Then you could hide the built products, the assembly/setup fees, and even the components (products) that are allocated to the builder.

I have included some housekeeping options - if you look right at the end of the list of builder options you can set a time limit to disable and/or delete builds automatically. And then there is also another option just above those two to disable a build as it goes to cart.

I got a little excited about this contribution, as the CCC 9.3 almost, almost did what i needed, but is such a pain. And there's no support.

I just need to be clear about this one before going too far.

Since this was based on custom computers, i assumed it was the right fit for me. Am i to understand that there is no true dependant dropdowns? If I have small mini-box chassis, my user will only be able to fit certain boards in it. The mainboard dropdown needs to reflect this. And only certain processors work with specific boards, so the processor dropdown needs to reflect that restriction.

Is there a way to have this mod do such a thing?

CCC 9.3 kinda sorta did this, but I had to make 100s of builds on the backend to support it and it was based on the chassis the customer started with. THEN, i had to do the same thing all over again so they could pick a board first...

Help?

You might have discovered already that this one does have the dependency thing to limit subsequent component selections. I think it'll be a perfect fit for what you want to do. The only thing it doesn't have is ability to support different types of built products which I think the CCC has an initial template (or chassis) that you can start off with.

1. Prices Incorrect. - Have tried changing every setting in the shop for the currency settings, but I find that anything that is prices as £5.00 is displayed as £500.

I'll admit that the code handling the prices is very grey (more like a shambles really), I'll be going through that tonight.

2. Can't add the created item to the cart.

This has stumped me - only because I can't duplicate it. I'm desperate to get my hands on a print_r() of $_POST as the builder re-enters itself after clicking 'Build Product'. What really is confusing is that even in it's simplest mode (Bundle) it still misbehaves.

This is how you could get the print_r() for me.

Edit /catalog/builder_main.php

FIND:

require('includes/application_top.php');

REPLACE WITH:

require('includes/application_top.php');
echo "POST:";
echo print_r($_POST);
echo "<br>GET:";
echo print_r($_GET);

Save it and then go into the builder frontend, select a few components and then hit the 'Build Product' or 'Add to Cart' button - you should just get a blank page with a bunch of text at the top - please cut and paste this into a reply. This will definately get us heading in the right direction - even if it does nothing and just goes back to the index - I'll know where to start looking.

Remember to undo this 'debug' code after you're done.

3. The preview button in not working properly? I get a basic screen, just black and white, no images etc, is this correct.

This is correct, it's just a copy of the product_info.php, slightly modified. You should see the (new) product name the price and one image just below that, and to the left a list of components. This file is builder_product_info.php and you could really go mad modding it, images, etc...

4. Are the yellow triangles supposed to be there when there is no selection made?

It's hard-coded :blush:

In /catalog/includes/modules/builder_main.php you will find this piece of code (near the top):

// IF AN OPTION IS NOT SET YET THEN THE MESSAGE IS HELD IN VARIABLE default_line (BELOW)
var default_line = '<?php echo "  " . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . "no_select.gif", '', 17, 17, 'align=absmiddle') . "  " . TEXT_COMPONENT_NOT_SELECTED;?>';

and if you wanted to remove that image then you would replace it with this:

// IF AN OPTION IS NOT SET YET THEN THE MESSAGE IS HELD IN VARIABLE default_line (BELOW)
var default_line = '<?php echo "  " . TEXT_COMPONENT_NOT_SELECTED;?>';

Points 5 and 6 as per JFrancis suggestions.

Edited by TENCENTS

Could my issues be with PHP 5?

I doubt it - even though I have it working on both I have specifically tested it with PHP 5.1.2 without any difference.

FYI: I've run it with MySQL 5.0.19 and picked up some minor issues.

Thank you. You seem to have gotten your head around this one quite nicely.

It's easy now for me to look in from the outside and already I see a number of options that could be removed. Be that as it may, I too run a heavily modded development platform and the things you mention are exactly why it ended up being so 'tailorable'.

Thanks for your feedback on the Google Checkout - nice to know that that works.

A WORD OF CAUTION - for those installing a HIDE / UNHIDE CATEGORIES contrib.

I haven't done it yet so I don't speak from experience, but I would imagine that if the shopping cart isn't allowed to have hidden-category products then we have a problem. So, my cautioning would be aimed at any modifications to the shopping_cart files, if any.

I gotta tell ya, this is all acting REALLY weird.. I have not yet installed this contribution on my server yet, and its because i cant even get your version to work. I keep revisiting the link as you are making changes and such, and every time its something different.

Again, i am using a Macbook Pro viewing the site in Firefox 3.0.3 (the newest one) Security settings right now are VERY low.

Right now, when i visted your site, i clicked the down arrow and it brought up the list of products. I was unable to select a product from the list. The color changed on hover, but nothing was added as i clicked. So i clicked off of that box to make it hide again so that I could re-open - thedown arrow now does NOTHING. Once i did that, i was unable to get the product select box to open again, and i can not click on any other category.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

A WORD OF CAUTION - for those installing a HIDE / UNHIDE CATEGORIES contrib.

I haven't done it yet so I don't speak from experience, but I would imagine that if the shopping cart isn't allowed to have hidden-category products then we have a problem. So, my cautioning would be aimed at any modifications to the shopping_cart files, if any.

Hey Mike!

I have Enable_Disable_Categories_1.6.5 installed. It uses a status column.

For any files that display products, queries must be modified to accomodate.

So... as the shopping_cart.php, and the cpb's files are not modified, it works like a charm!

Regards,

JF

Hi,

I've added that code as you asked...

When first going into the builder_main.php page initially I get :-

GET:Array ( ) 1

When I click the "Add to Cart" button, it just takes me directly to the index (front) page, so no listing for POST & GET.

However... When I click "Form Reset" i get

POST:Array ( [products_id] => Array ( [0] => -1 [1] => -1 [2] => -1 [3] => -1 [4] => -1 ) [qty] => Array ( [0] => 1 [1] => 1 [2] => 1 [3] => 1 [4] => 1 ) [select1] => [sum] => [totprint] => [totsum] => [price] => [product] => [description] => [image] => [pid] => [p_id] => [recid] => [ammount] => [p_qty] => ) 1

I added your code to index.php and got

When I was redirected.

I tried creating an item and adding to cart both before and after hitting "Form Reset" to see if this made any difference but it didn't (i.e with both outputs for POST & GET)

Hope this helps...

Mat

Hey Mike!

I have Enable_Disable_Categories_1.6.5 installed. It uses a status column.

For any files that display products, queries must be modified to accomodate.

So... as the shopping_cart.php, and the cpb's files are not modified, it works like a charm!

Regards,

JF

Awesome!!

Thank you John.

I gotta tell ya, this is all acting REALLY weird.. I have not yet installed this contribution on my server yet, and its because i cant even get your version to work. I keep revisiting the link as you are making changes and such, and every time its something different.

Again, i am using a Macbook Pro viewing the site in Firefox 3.0.3 (the newest one) Security settings right now are VERY low.

Right now, when i visted your site, i clicked the down arrow and it brought up the list of products. I was unable to select a product from the list. The color changed on hover, but nothing was added as i clicked. So i clicked off of that box to make it hide again so that I could re-open - thedown arrow now does NOTHING. Once i did that, i was unable to get the product select box to open again, and i can not click on any other category.

Wow! and especially wierd because the test site is working perfectly (well for me anyway (and others I suspect) - I've tried it on 5 different machines on my side).

I'm not too familiar with the innards of FF - does it have a javascript on/off switch? (it must be on) - it's the only thing I can think of right now that might be causing so much 'trouble' on your side.

Other than that I'm stumped! Haven't given up but definitely stumped.

I have posted an update in the downloads, version 1.0.1. - it's not a full install, just a handful of altered builder files which you can copy into your catalog.

Please be aware of any mods you may have already done to the builder files yourself, in which case use Compare & Merge or something like it.

I think I've nailed all the PHP5 / MYSQL5 and RC2 compatibility issues.

Also sorted out a few other minor things - instructions and notes are included.

If anyone wants me to do a code-level upgrade instruction list for this then just shout (here on the forum) or PM me, I'll be more than happy to do this but the changes are so slight I'm sure nobody will run into problems.

Edited by TENCENTS

After playing around with the Java settings in IE and FF I can safely say that the 'return to index page' issue is not related to this. In fact, if you disable Java then the builder will load but it will not show any component categories and you will see a 'Loading - please wait' message (forever).

The saga continues - the information Mat has provided proves that the builder does not even attempt to re-enter itself after clicking the 'build' button - it just heads straight for the index page. Grrrr!!! :angry: