• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Protx Direct v5 Support Thread

Looking at the confirmation page I would guess it's going to be a missing (or extra) table related tag (tr, td etc) taht when the correct doctype is specified prevents the browser from correcting the underlying mistake.

Try running your page through the w3c validator and working through the errors and I'm sure you'll find it. Unfortuantely osC is heavily table-based and your site seems to have added even more tables to the standard ones - you will almost always finds the formatting problems are here.

Tom

Ps: there's no ssl on your site and I couldn't read the white on yellow text in the dropdowns!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the confirmation page I would guess it's going to be a missing (or extra) table related tag (tr, td etc) taht when the correct doctype is specified prevents the browser from correcting the underlying mistake.

Try running your page through the w3c validator and working through the errors and I'm sure you'll find it. Unfortuantely osC is heavily table-based and your site seems to have added even more tables to the standard ones - you will almost always finds the formatting problems are here.

Tom

Ps: there's no ssl on your site and I couldn't read the white on yellow text in the dropdowns!

Thanks Tom, I will look further into it... Haven't added the SSL on yet, and the colours are a WIP,

• 2 weeks later...

I am installing Protx direct contribtion v5.0b within oscmax.

The installation seemed to go well but I now have two Protx entries per oscomerce order.

On my order details page I have two rows for the payment which have the same values but unique Protx ids, this is matched within the Protx end.

I am continuing to investigate but any ideas as it seems I am sending the order twice to protx?

Thanks,

Ian.

I can't think of any way this can occur with standard osC unless someone submits the transaction twice.

I wonder what modifications osC Max has to the checkout process as I'm not familar with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Tom,

Firstly thank you for the amazing amount of work you have put into the Protx Module. Admirable.

I hope you can advise me on a problem I have had using version 5.0b with OSCommerce 2.2.

I am using a Mac and have tried the module using both Firefox and Safari. I have intermediate coding expertise, enough to understand HTML and change PHP, CSS lines here and there, but have made it so far and built a working downloads-only (no deliveries, all products are digital downloads) online store. The site sits on a Dedicated Linux Server with 1and1 hosting, with a good SSL certificate. It just needs a payment module attached now. Upon doing some research I found the largest gateway for UK based E-Merchants to be Protx (are there any alternatives if my problem below is not fixable?)

The big problem is when in test mode (full settings pasted below), when test card details are entered, clicking on buy shows a white pop-up box and then nothing more. It just shows this frozen box over the darkened website underneath. Could this be an issue with logging in as a testvendor? I am cautious at jumping in to a contract with Protx if afterwards I am unable to get the module correctly integrated. Catch 22. The store is not heavily modified – just cosmetics like different icons and box sizes. I have Super download shop installed and a Japanese Language contribution – That's it.

If you need any other info let me know,

Kind Regards,

Shari.

Protx Mod Settings:

Enable Protx Direct Module

True

Disable cURL SSL check?

False

Vendor Name

testvendor

Transaction Mode

Test

Authorisation Type

AUTHENTICATE

Merchant Account

E

Send Shopping Cart

True

Debug

False

Sort order of display.

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

Allow Mastercard

True - with 3D-Secure

Allow Visa

True - with 3D-Secure

Allow Solo

True - with 3D-Secure

Allow Visa Delta

True - with 3D-Secure

Allow Electron

True - with 3D-Secure

Allow JCB

False

Allow AMEX

False

Allow Switch/Maestro

True - with 3D-Secure

Allow Diners

False

Thank you for the prompt reply Tom,

Turned the Debug to ON. Sadly no code – just a white box staring back at me. I tried refreshing the page and this message came up:

To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier.

Nothing happened when clicking OK.

Let me try with safari... Nope. Same thing in Safari.

Oh and a last bit of info: The only other change made to my store other than the mods I mentions earlier was that I went though all the PHP pages which were to have SSL enable and found a line called HTTPS_HTTP and changed it to HTTPS_HTTPS. This was done to get rid of the dreaded broken padlock symbol on the bottom right in safari saying not all elements on the pages were secure. Making this amend means that on SSL pages I always see this padlock without a slash through it. Could this have something to do with it?

If you need more info (and have time), I can supply private access to the store shopping area that is as of yet not open to the public.

Hope you can help as I do not even know where to start!

Shari.

Ok

This time try changing

Disable cURL SSL check?

False

to true - if it still doesn't work PM me the access details and i'll take a look

Edited by perfectpassion

Hi Tom,

I have sent you a PM with the login details as the cURL setting did not work either. I have not used Private messaging before so let me know if you did not get anything yet and I will re-send.

All the best,

Shari.

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your time. I did not install the contribution correctly. As I suspected the error was mine.

The module seems to work perfectly now that you have had a look at the setup.

I am very grateful.

Shari.

Have you uploaded all the files and made the required changes to /includes/filenames.php?

Thanks for your reply. I have inserted all the files again and checked /includes/filenames.php and it has the 3 lines added but still it doesn't work..

^^ Have you created your own test vendor account over at protx? Just a thought, I might be totally wrong of course :)

I have another problem of my own... the guy who's site I am building as a favour managed to corrupt the mysql database (without backing it up, which I did reiterate several times!!!), so I've been working to fix it.. I'm mostly there now but, I get this error when trying to process a refund using the orders screen in OSC admin:

1146 - Table '*********.TABLE_PROTX_DIRECT' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM TABLE_PROTX_DIRECT WHERE id='1'

[TEP STOP]

Could someone post up their Protx table from their database (just the makeup, not the customers bit) so I can double check that the entries are correct from this end.

Cheers

Matt

If you are seeing TABLE_PROTX_DIRECT that means that you do not have the correct enrty in includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_PROTX_DIRECT', 'protx_direct');

as per the install instructions (which also contain the database table structure)

Ah yes, my bad I'd uploaded an older version of the admin database tables file!

OK that's that sorted.. next problem along...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_create_random_value() in /home/***/public_html/admin/orders_protx.php on line 80

I'm guessing there's a function missing from a functions file, but I can't see anything in the install instructions, using the 5.0b readme file.

Sorry to be a pain in the arse :s

That one is my bad!

I missed it out from the install instructions for this version (was there for earlier versions)

*add the following function to admin/includes/functions/general.php:

function tep_create_random_value($length, $type = 'mixed') {
if ( ($type != 'mixed') && ($type != 'chars') && ($type != 'digits')) return false;

$rand_value = '';
while (strlen($rand_value) < $length) {
  if ($type == 'digits') {
	$char = tep_rand(0,9);
  } else {
	$char = chr(tep_rand(0,255));
  }
  if ($type == 'mixed') {
	if (eregi('^[a-z0-9]$', $char)) $rand_value .= $char;
  } elseif ($type == 'chars') {
	if (eregi('^[a-z]$', $char)) $rand_value .= $char;
  } elseif ($type == 'digits') {
	if (ereg('^[0-9]$', $char)) $rand_value .= $char;
  }
}

return $rand_value;
 }

Thanks for the extra info - it looks like the transaction are close together so the order id is overlapping (it is based on taking the auto_increment value of the orders_id in the orders table).

Try editing includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php, find the function after_process() and replace with the following code:

function after_process() {
 global $insert_id;

tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_PROTX_DIRECT . " SET order_id = " . (int)$insert_id . " WHERE id = " . (int)$this->protx_id);
}

That should hopefully fix the problem for future orders.

Hi Tom,

that did the trick, sorry for the delay in getting back to you but this (honestly) is the first breather I've had since xmas

Thanks again

Dave

I am totally stuck and its now driving me mental...

I installed all good, no error messages etc. I thought well this is easy. Configured all correctly.

Went to the checkout page and clicked proceed. the popup (thick box) does not popup, all I get is the loadingAnimation.gif at the bottom of the page, if i click proceed again, another bar appears under.

My store is using the STS template system, could this be causing the problem. If anyone can help please...

I imagine it may well be the STS that's breaking it - the module was never tested or developed with it in mind.

Just to make sure can try the following:

In admin set "disable curl SSL check" to true, set "debug" to true then try a transaction again - hopefully you'll get some debug code displayed - if not then it's probably the STS

I imagine it may well be the STS that's breaking it - the module was never tested or developed with it in mind.

Just to make sure can try the following:

In admin set "disable curl SSL check" to true, set "debug" to true then try a transaction again - hopefully you'll get some debug code displayed - if not then it's probably the STS

After a bit of messing around, I seem to have worked out where this problem is occuring.

Basically when your using the STS template system,

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo DIR_WS_INCLUDES;?>jquery-latest.pack.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo DIR_WS_INCLUDES;?>thickbox.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo DIR_WS_INCLUDES;?>thickbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

Needs to be placed under:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

In your main template (ie: sts_template.html )

This seems to have worked in the main and I can now process simulation transactions.

2 other small problems I need to iron out,

1.. Resizing the popup window, as at the moment its off the screen and can not be moved

2.. The CVV help is not working, just a blank window with the working bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Bit of a basic question here regarding Refunds. I've been developing this cart for quite some time and it's just about to go live, so I've been testing the payment procedure. For the life of me, I can't find anywhere in the admin section that deals with refunds and yet I'm sure that i've seen it there before. Am I going mad? I thought you could refund an order in the Oscommerce admin section using this rather fantastic contribution. Yet all I can see in the orders window is invoice, packing slip and a place where I can set the status of an order to prending, processing or delivered.

I'm using a modified version of the Oscommece-wai version 6.24 from magnino.net... I've not edited the admin files but this does change things quite drastically in the admin area, could this have removed the relevant sections? If so, I'll try to mash something together from the vanilla oscommerce, but I just wanted to check what I'm trying to do is possible first!

cheers

R

Apologies for double post. I've just had a look at the Protx Direct module installed on a vanilla oscommerce... I still can't see anything in the admin section to allow me to refund within the admin area. It's really important for me to be able to do this but I'm increasingly starting to think I imagined ever seeing the options. It might hvae just been a very long day and i can't see the option for looking, but if it's not there does anyone know of an additional contribution that would provide this?

Many thanks for any help

-R

It it is possible to refund/repeat/void/release etc via admin - it just requires a small change to admin/orders.php - the instructions are in the install file in the contrib package