• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Protx Direct v5 Support Thread

Hi Tom,

I don't know whether you are able to help but your fantastic contribution has caused a slight problem for one or two of our customers. We are getting 20-40 orders a day but occasionally a customer's screen freezes on the processing page when the payment is supposed to get passed to Protx for authentication. They get the grey screen with the progress bar showing and nothing else. There is a link to close the screen but it doesn't work for them. I've tested this myself and cannot replicate the problem.

When I look at who'sonline it shows the page that they are on as "protx_process_win.php" with the size details too. One of the customers mentioned that she uses a Mac - could this be the problem? Or could Ajax be the problem? Maybe they have scripts disabled? I don't know - please help.

Thanks

Mark

Edited by onlinebathrooms

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm - tricky to solve due to the intermittent non-reproducible nature.

If they had JS disabled the module should regress gracefully (and they wouldn't get the grey thickbox screen appearing at all).

If the close link isn't workign this suggests an issue with the JS code erroring/freezing

It may be related to being on a Mac - I haven't been able to test on a mac as I do not have access to one but it worked on testing in Safari in Windows.

If you are able to get any more info on browser/OS/any error msg etc etc it woudl be really helpful

Tom

Hi Tom,

I managed to track a user online yesterday and the Supertracker contribution showed that another user who was stuck on the same page was using Windows98. I decided to give it a go with Firefox 3.0.3 and disabled Javascript to find out what would happen. Here's what I get on the protx_process.php page:-

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: protxcleanurl() in /home/sites/onlinebathrooms.com/public_html/protx_process.php on line 186

Could this be anything to do with our problem?

Mark

ok, please try the following:

edt both protx_process.php and protx_process_win.php

find

if (!function_exists(protxCleanUrl))

and replace with

if (!function_exists('protxCleanUrl'))

My mistake there - missed the single quotes

Tom,

Just attempted to process an order in IE and the order went through successfully - as it always does for me. But it included info on the Firefox attempted purchase - it must carry the session ID across browsers?? Anyway, it had a line for every attempt I made with Firefox showing in the order details:-

2008-11-07 13:25:29 PAYMENT 18.0000 3DAUTH 2007 : Please redirect your customer to the ACSURL, passing the MD and PaReq. OK

Any ideas?

Mark

Edit:

I noticed that although the transaction details with Protx carried across into my IE order, the cart contents did not.

Each attempt at payment is recorded with a (predicted) order id and customer id and will then show up when the order is successful - this is to try and help store owners spot possible fraud attempts and is the expected behaviour.

Also see my PM regarding the protxcleanurl error

Thanks for the PM Tom. Your answer worked perfectly.

Mark

Hi

read the above thread, and i'm having the exact same problem and receive the exact same error when disabling javascript in firefox.

could you please post the fix to the problem? really appreciate it

Many Thanks

Edited by markdickinson

Tom,

a fairly easy one i hope if someone could help?

1st - when processing/authenticating the protx window is on a plain white page with only the header appearing (i.e. no columns left or ight) is this normal?

also - silly point, but the animated protx_timer.gif doesn't animate? is this because it connects to the protx server and finishes before the page has fully loaded to enable the gif to run?

silly little points i appreciate, but bugging the hell out of me :wacko:

huge thanks to anyone who can advise

regards

YT

there are 10 types of people who understand binary

those that do, and those that don't

Which version are you using - sounds like you are using v4.4, in which case these are known behaviours (the gif is animated but it seems to freeze as the browser is processing the transaction).

Try using the new v5 - I think you'll be much happier :-)

Which version are you using - sounds like you are using v4.4, in which case these are known behaviours (the gif is animated but it seems to freeze as the browser is processing the transaction).

Try using the new v5 - I think you'll be much happier :-)

will do Tom

many thanks

YT

Tom,

installed V5 however, now cannot proceed thru the checkout payment section.

it keeps getting stuck on the checkout_payment page (url lists xxxxxx.co.uk/checkout_payment.php?error_message=Please+select+a+payment+method+for+your+order.)

but the payment method box is empty?

Payment Method

This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.

protx is the only payment module activated?

help anyone?

regards

YT

Tom,

installed V5 however, now cannot proceed thru the checkout payment section.

it keeps getting stuck on the checkout_payment page (url lists xxxxxx.co.uk/checkout_payment.php?error_message=Please+select+a+payment+method+for+your+order.)

but the payment method box is empty?

Payment Method

This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.

protx is the only payment module activated?

help anyone?

regards

YT

i just noticed that the top of the page )under header states "Please select a payment method for your order."

protx is the only method so a tad confused

regards

YT

too much red bull

note - do not select the zone - it doesn't seem to work irrespective of being the only zone available!

soory to all

mods can remove the posts if need be

sorry!

YT

glad it's working - unfortunately the only posts that get deleted around here are ones that don't say "osC is fantastic and flawless and has a great development team" ;-)

I can't put my finger on it Tom, a few customers have pointed out that it hasn't worked since the update to v5. Basically entering the code on checkoutshipping doesn't show any discount in the totals on checkout confirmation. I've been through the code and appear to have everything in place on c_confirmation but its not working. It me be coincidence but i've been back through the orders and it was definately working before I started playing around with it when upgrading ;)

Strange - I can't think of anything in the Protx module code that would affect CCGV, certainly sometimes if the payment module picks up the total wrongly the discount can get missed but it should still show on the confirmation page

Ok no worries,

i'll keep looking into what may have changed, the problem is i haven't kept my backups now as everything has been working well with regards the protx part of the process for so long.

Cheers

Dave

We installed this originally with the 4.4 version but recently upgraded to the new version. However we did not realise for a couple of days that there is still a problem somewhere. It all seemed ok but when the customer placed an order it went through to the 3d secure ok but then came back and reported a creditcard error. On further investigation we found that the card had been authenticated but seemed to fail coming back to our site. We ended up with 30 or so transactions fully authenticated but not appearing on oscommerce. please advise