• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

All Payments Processed Offline

Art Clay World

In the last few releases of osComeerce - since RC1 I believe - the "Credit Card" module has been renamed "Credit Card (Not for production use)" - it is for testing purposes only when setting up your site due to severe security implications with this module.

You either need to use a live gateway or a custom coded module in a PCI compliant environment.

• 4 weeks later...

Processing offline - another way.

My company has just been purchased by another company. Rather than use linkpoint which I currently use, they want to *call* the customer to discuss the order placed and obtain payment info at that time. They *do* have permission to process orders with customer not present. It's a big-ticket item, so this isn't a terrible idea. We call all the customers anyway to verify their orders.

What is the best way to have the customer go through the motions... configure the product options (important), enter their shipping info, and submit the order, then receive a message telling them that we will call them. Of course, I will also forewarn them that this is not an instant transaction and that they will be called. I did warn the new owner that phone calls to customers may be a little hard for some customers to trust but I believe it is compliant.

Can I simply not use any payment module or is there a contribution? "Will call" is not exactly what I need. Should I modify the check module?

-Amy

Edited by lazykins

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for something similar - we just want to have an on-line catalog with inventory tracking. Our buyers log in (to their profile), place a wholesale order, but NO payment and NO shipping is calculated. We simply want our buyers to place their order through the catalog and they will be invoiced through our own off-line system.

There may be a future need to fully integrate all of osC purchasing options for retail sales, but for now, we need a "dummied down" version. Will simply uninstalling all of the payment modules do the trick? Or is there an actual contribution that will bypass all the unnecessary payment and shipping options?

- Susan

Amy

If you are going to call the customer to get card details you need to adjust a payment module such as Cash On Delivery to Will call for CC details by editng the language file.

Then when you call them enter the details on the terminal and when it is approved just change the order status.

That way you do not store the cc details and are PCI compliant.

Susan

Do not install a delivery option and try the COD trick above adjusted for your situation.

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Susan

Do not install a delivery option and try the COD trick above adjusted for your situation.

G

Thank you Geoffrey, that's all I needed to hear to ensure I didn't mess anything up!

Much appreciated,

Susan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I have a problem with the standard credit card module for offline payments.

I need add diferent kinds of CC (for example Visa, Master and some local CC)

My actual cc form has:

Credit Card Owner:

Credit Card Number:

CVV Number (More Info)

Credit Card Expiry Date:

But i dont have

Credit Card Type:

Somebody know how to fix my problem?

If you wish to store any CC info your server must be PCI compliant - read this post for more information about it.

You will also need permission from your acquiring bank to process "e-commerce" transactions as a "CNP" (card holder not present) order - many do not permit this.

Xavier

To put it more simply..........

Do not take cc details and store them to enter them on a terminal later.

Do not take cc details and email them to yourself to enter them on a terminal later.

It doesn't matter if you delete any cc details 0.000000001 seconds after you receive them 7 million times a day.

Do not take cc details...............

Unless you are PCI compliant.

Install a card processing module such as protx or worldpay or ......

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Xavier

To put it more simply..........

Do not take cc details and store them to enter them on a terminal later.

Do not take cc details and email them to yourself to enter them on a terminal later.

It doesn't matter if you delete any cc details 0.000000001 seconds after you receive them 7 million times a day.

Do not take cc details...............

Unless you are PCI compliant.

Install a card processing module such as protx or worldpay or ......

I understand your point of view but, i need for a little time to try with the offline payment, is importan to know the sucess (or not) and the posibility to put a real online payment because the commerce is a Gym, isn´t a common the online payment in a Gym. In my country Uruguay we dont have a "normal" TPV Service, for example: if you wanna process a Visa Card do you need to go to Visa Uruguay and apply for online payment. If you need process a Mastercard you need to go to Mastercard and apply for online payment, is a disaster and very expensive. Only Visa cost at year is 350 USD, more Master, more some local credit cards... then the process is very expensive. Is for that reason the importance to try first with the offline payment..

Thanks

I am sure you know Uraguay better than I do :-)

Are you allowed to store CC details without complying with PCI. I suspect "needing a little time" will not be a defence if there are problems.

I googled

worldpay uruguay

paypal uruguay

or you could take a phone no and call to get the card details

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

I am sure you know Uraguay better than I do :-)

Are you allowed to store CC details without complying with PCI. I suspect "needing a little time" will not be a defence if there are problems.

I googled

worldpay uruguay

paypal uruguay

or you could take a phone no and call to get the card details

I´m not sure Worldpay but Paypal needs a Bank Account in USA. The idea is make the online payments (in a future) with the local CC processors.