• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upgrade Help Required

Carbon

Hi guys,

Here's the problem. I used to receive emails from OSC whenever there was an update, I would then download the change files and documentation (not full release because my store is ultra-heavily-modded) and work through the instructions.

Then I remember OSC stating that 2.2 MS2 was the end of the development line and (as expected) I stopped getting the update emails.

However, it would seem that Lord Thwarty has played a cruel trick on me because development didn't stop, the updates kept comming but I didn't know about them.

I now find myself in a situation where I need to first identify where I'm up to, then locate and download the change files/instructions for each upgrade in between my current version and the last, and then apply them.

QUESTIONS:

1: How do I find out what was the last update I applied? (admin>tools>server info>2.2-MS2 is not enough).

2: Where can I find the change files and instructions for the missing updates?

So far I'm 99% sure that I'm currently before RC1 because I downloaded a change file (in a horrible html format - yuk*) and checked a change against a file that I know I haven't modded. IIRC the last upgrade I did involved preventing an injection attack on the Contact Us page.

* I prefer the old school instructions where it tells you what file to edit then tells you to find some quoted text around line such and such, then something like "Replace this with that" or "Insert before this" etc etc.

My store survived the server upgrade to PHP 5.2.6 and works fine but next year the MySQL gets upgraded to version 5.

Thanks in advance

Carbon

Archived