• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

not live yet... but would love some feedback

toktas

Hi, i have been working on the site for some time now. All thats left is to take pictures of products and build some more categories. But please take a look and tell me what you think. Ohh and the sub menus in the DHTML menu aren't fully functional yet. I have to change it over to tep links, or whatever they are called :wink: .

http://216.176.204.192/catalog/default.php

Overall the site looks nice. However your drop-down menu doesn't work. It takes you to the wrong categories. Should probably be fixed before you start trying to add more to it.

Love the clean simple layout!

The color coordination could use some work. The two shades of red work ok together but the colored line in your logo and the test on the buttons looks orangey-brown on my monitor...Yuck with the reds. The box backgrounds on the log in page are lavender...and then on create account they are yellow. I would suggest a very pale shade of the green that is used for the gift box in your logo for the box backgrounds.

On the create account, I would get rid of the gender and birthday requirements and rearrange the elements to US address style. there is a good tutorial on how to do that in the OSCDOX.

You are going to have a very good looking site when it is done. Good job!

thanks for the feedback, you are right, i need to change the colors for the account menu. As for the buttons i probably should use a lighter shade of red to match the rest of the site. I use and LCD screen and sometimes the colors look diff on my monitor then in CRT monitors. Thanks for the feedback. Its much appreciated.

Hopefully others will have a look at the site and give some criticism.

I have found it very helpful to look at my site on other monitors, in different resolutions, and through different browsers. Things like popups behave differently and features that don't work or things that look weird turn customers off and they leave without buying.

It's good, I really like it a lot.

The only niggle is that when you are on the home page, there is still a breadcrumb to go "home"...

The other thing I might have looked at doing, is having you store address in one sentence rather than using <br>in between each line (IYSWIM), if you did it in one sentence, you'd have *no scroll* on 1024x768..

Excellent indeed.

I really like the simplicity of this one ... great job!:)

Some design issues:

- your main page has over 80k on images ? you could trim this down big time;

- probably would be nicer to have the border of the top menu dropdowns in the same color as your divider line instead of black;

- definitely another search image :wink:

... other than that (and the comments already mentioned in the previous posts) ... very nice!

Take care, Richard

Archived