• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linkpoint, updated to latest mod, questions!

shellyky

I was using the old linkpoint api forever, and decided to update last night since i was tired of errors on orders over 1000 and & signs in company names throwing flags...

1) So i get my first 2 orders this morning and i recvd an email (im assuming from my host) called CC Debug Outbound, and another Inbound. WHAT ARE THESE? can i turn this off somewhere?!

2) My orders (as viewed in L.P.C.) always just showed "SALE" then the amount. Now they show an AUTH and a couple secs later, TICKET. Is this correct? Is this like a 'hold' on a card which disappears as soon as it charges it? (i'd hate to be charging people double amounts for any amount of time)

3) the email address isn't getting passed to LPC--it's not a big deal, but just odd that it wouldn't be picking up the email address and the product ID is a now a long string of numbers and brackets instead of like "134"

So if anyone can answer those 3 questions that would be great. Payments seem to be working, it's just a little odd on what all changed. Thank you!

I was using the old linkpoint api forever, and decided to update last night since i was tired of errors on orders over 1000 and & signs in company names throwing flags...

1) So i get my first 2 orders this morning and i recvd an email (im assuming from my host) called CC Debug Outbound, and another Inbound. WHAT ARE THESE? can i turn this off somewhere?!

2) My orders (as viewed in L.P.C.) always just showed "SALE" then the amount. Now they show an AUTH and a couple secs later, TICKET. Is this correct? Is this like a 'hold' on a card which disappears as soon as it charges it? (i'd hate to be charging people double amounts for any amount of time)

3) the email address isn't getting passed to LPC--it's not a big deal, but just odd that it wouldn't be picking up the email address and the product ID is a now a long string of numbers and brackets instead of like "134"

So if anyone can answer those 3 questions that would be great. Payments seem to be working, it's just a little odd on what all changed. Thank you!

1) We are putting this up in a note in our newest release:

As most recently pointed out by "shellyky" on the osCommerce forum starting in version 1.2 we have forced email records of all CC authorizations/sales both outbound and inbound data. If you'd like to disable this simply search this file for the term mail( and comment out the lines. It is our preference to keep a detailed record of transactions in our email (with the vitals removed) so that we can quickly look up past transactions - gotta love GMail.

specifically you would be looking in the /includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php file and commenting the lines there

2) Version 1.2 is set to a pre-auth / post-auth system. There are advantages and disadvantages to the various methods. Our current most up to date version actually does a $1 pre-auth and a full amount sale. Pre-auth/post-auth is the desired method but we had a problem with mutiple full amount pre-auths drawing too much on a customers card and overdrafting them. We plan to release a new version, perhaps today with several updates.

3) We don't want to send out our customer emails to anyone so we don't. As far as additional product data, that happens if you have product options but it is the standard like "134" information for a normal product.

• 9 months later...

We are using the newest LinkPoint API 1.3.4 & although it generally works, we are having problems sometimes with the cart rejecting only SOME transactions, even though the card is fine. We have tested using a card that was rejected by oscommerce with the YYYM & ran it through the Linkpoint Connect directly on linkpoint & the transaction did go through so we know the credit card is ok. We would like to force the cart to accept all transactions with the approval rating YYYM. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

We are using the newest LinkPoint API 1.3.4 & although it generally works, we are having problems sometimes with the cart rejecting only SOME transactions, even though the card is fine. We have tested using a card that was rejected by oscommerce with the YYYM & ran it through the Linkpoint Connect directly on linkpoint & the transaction did go through so we know the credit card is ok. We would like to force the cart to accept all transactions with the approval rating YYYM. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

You need to look at the details of the transaction and why they are failing. Linkpoint will return data and say declined, refused, etc. It is possible that some data may be missing in some cases that you are entering in with linkpoint connect or that there are some minor differences. At the moment all of our YYYM failures are a result of a card authorization problem, lack of funds, stolen card, etc. If we can drill down some specific scenarios with data, we should be able to work through the issue.

• 3 months later...

We are having the same issue. Have you found a solution to this problem? We have customers who has a pre-authorization of $1 be approved with a YYYM, but the rest of the charge is not complete. I spoke with linkpoint today and they told me it is an OSC issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are rolling into the holiday season with tons of online shoppers, and some who just cannot checkout.

Kyle