• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tennis Speciaal ... have a peak!

belladonna

Very clear and simple layout, i like that.

It seems that your shop is almost finished, no missing things etc. How did you modify the create_account procedure? I'm really interested in that!

Thanks for the comments.:)

Method, what is it that you want to know about the create account procedure?

BirdBrain, the window opens 100x100 pixels, then it should resize by itself to the actual size. It works for flawlessly in IE 5+. The code is the same one used in the stock version of osCommerse ... the problem with this code is that the window is resized using an onload statement. In other words the window will not resize until the whole doc is loaded. Maybe I will change it resize as soon as the image starts loading. Haven't tested the whole thing in NS6+ or Opera 5+ yet ... will do soon.

Thanks, Richard

Richard,

I should have mentioned I tested in NS7.0. The autoresize doesn't work in NS. Here's what I did:

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizab
le=yes,copyhistory=no,width=300,height=300,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,left=1
50')

This is a very clean, easy to navigate site... a very targeted ecommerce site :idea: ...

It seems to have lots of neat mods too!

One quick comment, the dhtml menu when used in the EN version link to the NL version... also, i notice at least one product that may need option did not have any (http://www.tennisspecial.com/catalog/produ...&products_id=67)...

Also, one question, what mod did you use for the volume discount feature?? Quantity Controller v5.1?

Again great site.

:D Jean

Thanks Jerome ... a lot of products still need work (remove text formatting, replace images, insert product options, etc) ... will notify the person responsible for updating the site.

The discount feature is done using the Linda's Quantity Controller. I'm sure you know where to find it :)

English version is linking to the dutch version? Are you sure? Cause it isn't for me ...

Yes, I have incorporated some mods ... except for the DHTML menu. It can't be found in the contribution section. I'm using language files to define what will and won't be shown in each language. So change the language file to change the content. The placement is easily implemented in the header, so no need to copy it in every document.

If people are interested, I will release it as a contribution.

Take care, Richard

Thanks Steve :) ... that's a great tip btw ... will definitely change that. I'm not too happy about the counter either ... have to discuss it once more with the client.

Take care, Richard

I have to say I love this site.

Crisp, clean and straight to the point.

Really really nice!

Well done.

Big thumbs up from me. :bigups:

I hope others can be inspired from this...

CC.

Just one thing tho...

On your subcategories pages, why have you got a dark blue background on the text?

The color is not featured anywhere else, looks kinda out of place.

Even plain underlined text would look better.

Also you should add the search descriptions hack for better search results.

Thats if you want better search results anyhow.

But great site overall.

CC.

Thanks for the nice comments CC ... will look for the search descriptions hack.

About the darkblue, it's not really out of place ... as all subcategories should look like the racquets subcategories. Unfortunately, I haven't found the proper images to represent the subcategories, thus leaving just a darkblue background. Anyway, thanks for noticing :wink: ... receiving a new load of images Monday, maybe I'll have that fixed by then.

Take care, Richard

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to say "thank you" to the those who provided the valuable feedback. :bigups: Together with other "offline" reactions I have used it to improve the site.

As of February 4. the site www.tennisspeciaal.nl is "on the air".

A special thank you to the developers. Keep up the good work! :)

Take care, Richard

I like the design, but it took me a while to figure out where to change the language. I kept looking because I knew BirdBrain and been there in english :) but the average shopper may give up. Personally I would like to see the language choice under the Welcome sentence. And use words instead of abreviations.

Debbie

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

• 2 months later...

I like the drop down menu at the top would like to have it as a contribution. Could you please send me the code?

Thanks in advance

PR

It is a lovely site, always been one of my favs.

But you have problems...

I just went and took a look on your site, and I was logged in as someone else! :shock:

Do you have cache enabled on the site?

And are you on shared hosting?

If so then you may get this problem, unless you set your cache directory only within your own web space.

I would sort that fast, as it would be a real undermining of your sites security if it lasted much longer...

CC.

Archived