• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Login Box w/My Account v5.2 (SSL)

Jantz

Hi,

I have installed the Login Box w/My Account v5.2 and am very happy with it apart from the popup warning box generated when logging in :D

The problem I have is that I do not like the popup warning when logging in says:

"You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure.The information you are sending to the current site might be retransmitted to a non secure site. Do tyou wish to continue?"

I feel that customers feel like this is strange, considering that they are "logging in" They want to feel secure...but this warning puts a question in their minds.

What I would like to know is..

1/ Is there a way to have a different page open after login other than the default? For example, If it went directly to the "My account information page" then the warning message would not popup. I feel this would be more smooth..if you get my drift.

2/ Otherwise I can remove the "SSL" part of the code to "NONSSL" in the loginbox.php file.

eg.

//<form name="login" method="post" action="" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, 'action=process', 'NONSSL') . "">

This way I don't get the popup, however I am wondering if anyone thinks this is a problem?

Thanks for all you help in advance :)

Jantz

Oh..by the way...if you want a looksie at my test site.... it is up at

www.wwamarketing.com

It is using the snapshot ~ tep_snapshot-20030103

If you just change the NONSSL to SSL then whatever page you are going to becomes *technically* SSL even when it doesn't need to be.

The next link after that is then set back to the normal NONSSL or SSL depending on where you were headed.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your reply!! (and all your great contributions I have found)

It was originally 'SSL' in the login.php code...and I edited it to be 'NONSSL'. This is ok. I don't get the popup warning.

But in the contribution install.. and yours on the webmakers website...I get the popup warning message when logging in from the form.

But where am I headed is that I would like the login to take me the same page (account.php with SSL) that you would normally get when logging in from the standard account.php page (from the My account link).

Currently the login box takes users to the default page not the account.php page.

Regards,

Jantz

I get the message when logging on at the following URL:

http://www.webmakers.com/catalog/

I created a test account and when I login from the URL above, the warning message pops up. After that, it logs in and goes right to default.php

Is there a way to direct to account.php? Just like the standard login process built into snapshot? Or otherwise, is it ok just to replace the 'SSL' with 'NONSSL' in the login box code to avoid the popup?

Thanks,

Jantz

• 4 months later...

Hi Linda,

I am having the same problem as Jantz did. I'm also getting the same popup message when a customer logs in I read your respond but I do not unstanding exactly what you are saying. I have looked at my login.php file and everything is set to "SSL" when I change it to "NONSSL" I'm still getting the popup message. So I change it back to "SSL" but again I am still getting the popup message. I was wondering am I not in the correct file? Could you please tell me how did you get the problem fix for Jantz.

My url is www.giftsuniqueshop.com and I am using my own SSL Cert. from InstantSSL.

Thank you,

Jose

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Ive just downloaded this contribution and installed it. I think that its a really good idea and works really well, however I have one problem with it. On my site - www.car-puters.com/catalog, when I am logged in and click on product notifications, the link appears to be broken and it sends me to a page not found site. If anyone can help me with this i would be very grateful.

Best Regards,

Chris