• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Use InfoBox above Store Level

DataMouse

Hi All

My store is part of my site in the catalog directory (ie mysite/catalog/)

On the home page of my main site, I'd like to pull the whats_new.php file from the boxes directory.

However, if I reference like:

<?php require('catalog/includes/boxes/whats_new.php') ?>

It won't appear as some of the info is started in the application_top.php file.

Is there a way of pulling this (or any other) infobox above the root level of the store?

Thanks chaps (and chapettes)

DM

sure.. you need to require(application_top.php) and then include the whats new box.. Obviously you also need to make sure that your root files are .php and not .html

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Hi Lyndsay

If i inlcude the application_top (and bottom, of course) the references through my configure file still fail.

oh yea.. because the config. starts at the /catalog..

hmm.. there IS a way to do this.. i think its a change in the config, but i will need to search this more.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I think I'mgoing to just recor dthe applcation top into the home page.

I'll let you know how it goes.

OK.

If you place the entire application_top.php file above your <head> section of the page, and rename all the DIR_WS_CATALOG (etc) with the explicit root url, that sorts out the main references.

However, the images from the whats_new.php query are also out of kilter.

These will need to be rebuilt in the query.

To be honest, it's too much work for what I need (seeing as I get the infobox in the same layout too) - So I'm going to rebuild the box to match my homepage more closely.

Archived