• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal with "Display MSRP & Savings"

joyces

Hi

I am trying to give my customers the option to pay by Paypal. Unfortunately when directed to the Paypal page the amout to pay is shown is 0. I have waded through the forum and found the fix for this

ie alter English.php to / if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'GBP');

and alter admin config to "Switch to Default Language Currency" to TRUE"

Unfortunately when I do this all prices disappear from my site. Its altering the "Switch to Default Language Currency" to TRUE thats the problem. I have the contribution "Display MSRP & Savings" (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3574) and I have a feeling that this is causing the problem.

Has anyone any idea how I should amend things so that the "Display MSRP & Savings" cont will work with Paypal. Of course I could be completely wrong and this contribution may not be the problem so if anyone has any ideas at all about what is going wrong I would be Sooooooooooo grateful!!

Thanks

Joyces

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue with total sent to PayPal being '0'. You say you found the fix. Which admin config file are you referring to exactly, and what needs to be changed? My default language currency is CA. Also could you possibly provide a link to the fix, because I looked and couldn't find it. It would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

• 4 months later...

HI Installed this module and eventually got it working okay.

The problem I have at the moment is the MSRP value entered in os commerece is adding the tax rate to it.

The MSRP doesn't need the tax rate adding to it at all.

So the question is now, can the system be modified and if so how to remove the tax feature, or to have it like normal prices in admin and show both before and after tax prices, and then display the after tax price on the os commerece shop.

This way I don't have to workingout the prices before tax?

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.