• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customized Product Order

WoodsWalker

Hi Folks!

I've posted on this before, and not gotten much response, probably because the answer is just so simple.

On my category pages I'd like to have control of what order my products are listed in, without resorting to entering weird trumped-up names or numbers into "Product Name".

It occurs to me that I could add a column to the database with simple numbering, and then tell the system to order according to these numbers.

Am I barking up the right tree?

Problem is, I am lily-livered when it comes to messing in the database (although I know how to get in there with PHPMyAdmin).

Any help for a person at my novice stage?

Thanks a million!

~Wendy

Hi Folks!

I've posted on this before, and not gotten much response, probably because the answer is just so simple.

On my category pages I'd like to have control of what order my products are listed in, without resorting to entering weird trumped-up names or numbers into "Product Name".

It occurs to me that I could add a column to the database with simple numbering, and then tell the system to order according to these numbers.

Am I barking up the right tree?

Problem is, I am lily-livered when it comes to messing in the database (although I know how to get in there with PHPMyAdmin).

Any help for a person at my novice stage?

Thanks a million!

~Wendy

Read the first post of this THREAD. That will allow you to sort your products as you wish.

Archived