• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple Sellers on one osCommerce site

Andyy

I have developed a Multiple Sellers feature on my site. It works by letting the customer pay the owner/seller of the product direct to their paypal merchant account.

I am wanting to know if this contribution will benefit anyone? if so, I will turning it into a contribution.

Multiple Sellers on one osCommerce site

The contribution will let you include the sellers paypal merchant email address for each product created in admin. If no Seller Email address is added in the admin Categories/Products then the default paypal modules email address will be used.

Multiple Sellers on one osCommerce site will only work with one item in the shopping cart. You cannot have multiple products by multiple sellers going through the checkout system at the same time?

To restrict the shopping cart to on item at a time - the contrimution Forced Total Order Quantity By http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4005 is utilised. Full installation included within this contribution.

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Andyy

This is certainly an interesting concept, but the ability not to order more than one product at once is a big drawback. You simply couldn't build a successful site with that kind of feature overlooked.

Instead I feel the full payment should be sent to the store owner and in the admin the store owner can see how much money is owed to each affiliate/partner. He/she can then send a mass payment via PayPal (where the recipients are not charged) to all or selected affiliates/partners.

I would love to see this feature. My site will / does offer product from multiple sellers. That would be great if I could automatically set percentages for sellers, and even percentages (and codes) for sales agents. Is this possible?

I agree with you Adam. I have developed an online video rental system with osc and need the rental payment to go direct to seller (the clip owner) automatically so my banking account does not show any payment transactions which would cause me grief with the UK TAX Man.

The option to do a manual paypal accountancy would be a nightmare. I am planing to earn from a monthly management fee keeping it clean and simple and automated.

Andrew

I would love to see this feature. My site will / does offer product from multiple sellers. That would be great if I could automatically set percentages for sellers, and even percentages (and codes) for sales agents. Is this possible?

Hi GeneralB

Will not the osc affiliate contribution do what you require?

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/158

I agree with you Adam. I have developed an online video rental system with osc and need the rental payment to go direct to seller (the clip owner) automatically so my banking account does not show any payment transactions which would cause me grief with the UK TAX Man.

The option to do a manual paypal accountancy would be a nightmare. I am planing to earn from a monthly management fee keeping it clean and simple and automated.

Andrew

This is understandable and if the solution works for you then there is no need to fix it.

However, the API is available to send a PayPal Mass Payment from an existing solution, in case this the osC admin panel. Making sure you cover your costs in your 'management fee' of course, you could settle up all of your affiliates/partners every week, two weeks or month. Your accounts would show you receiving payments as income but sending them out as expenses, so the tax issue would never arise.

Is there any chance of getting a PM of the URL to this video rental development? I am really keen at looking at systems that take osCommerce away from the traditional online store, or just those that show what can be achieved with a bit of thought and know-how. I understand if you don't want to pass on the link.

This is understandable and if the solution works for you then there is no need to fix it.

However, the API is available to send a PayPal Mass Payment from an existing solution, in case this the osC admin panel. Making sure you cover your costs in your 'management fee' of course, you could settle up all of your affiliates/partners every week, two weeks or month. Your accounts would show you receiving payments as income but sending them out as expenses, so the tax issue would never arise.

Is there any chance of getting a PM of the URL to this video rental development? I am really keen at looking at systems that take osCommerce away from the traditional online store, or just those that show what can be achieved with a bit of thought and know-how. I understand if you don't want to pass on the link.

Will do Adam as soon as I put it live online. My trials have been a huge success and will be going live within the next 4 weeks.

Regards

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

Finally gone live Adam here is the link

Regards

Andrew

• 5 weeks later...